PDA

View Full Version : Half ogre. Barbarian\warrior and which prestige class for a greatsword\falchion user

Sergio
2017-10-21, 12:17 PM
I'm going to make a human with half ogre template.

I was wondering, given that I do not want to go for natural weapons, what I am supposed to get each level if I'm aiming for a greatsword (or should I go falchion?) user.

Build should be aimed for epic levels (provided that I survive) but I'm currently level 5.

Edit: I've got 5 dexterity by the way...
while high stats on the rest ;)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-10-22, 12:46 AM
Is this 3.5 or Pathfinder?

For 3.5, consider taking Exotic Weapon Proficiency for a Greathorn Minotaur Greathammer in MMIV (3d6 large, 19-20/x4, bonus to sunder) or a Kaorti Resin (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a) Falchion (must have a magic +1 or higher to not require maintenance, 2d6 large, 18-20/x4).

Buy off you level adjustment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm) if possible.

Aiming for epic levels, I'd recommend going Fighter 9/ Warblade 10/ Fighter 1, using the Dungeoncrasher ACF in Dungeonscape, Zhentarim Soldier (archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060327a) substitution levels, and Dead Levels (archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20061013a) class features. Get Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, and Knock Back from Races of Stone. Take (Greater) Weapon Focus/Specialization for your signature weapon, Melee Weapon Mastery (PH2), and at 20th level you can use your Fighter 10 bonus feat to get Weapon Supremacy (PH2). Get the Never Outnumbered skill trick in Complete Scoundrel, take Imperious Command from Drow of the Underdark, and max out Intimidate.

Sergio
2017-10-22, 04:14 AM

I thank you for your help.

Do you have an altenrative if going for a "good" fighter\barbarian?

Eldariel
2017-10-22, 05:49 AM
Which sources are you working with? That really affects the optimal choices...though going into epic, a caster warrior class like Cleric might be well-advised. Righteous Might makes you huge, Divine Power further buffs your strength and then just buff your weapon and go to town.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-10-22, 11:01 AM

I thank you for your help.

Do you have an altenrative if going for a "good" fighter\barbarian?

That still works with a good alignment. You could reflavor Zhentarim Soldier or say it was something from his troubled past. Using Intimidate to coerce foes instead of harming them isn't exactly a bad thing.