PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Drunken Master+Ninja=???

ATHATH
2017-10-21, 08:04 PM
How to become the ultimate ninja robot in X easy steps:
Step 1: Be in a Gestalt game.
Step 2: Be a Warforged (if you're in a 3.PF game) or other race that isn't adversely affected by alcohol.
Step 3: Acquire an infinite source of alcohol.
Step 4: Be a Ninja on one side of your Gestalt and take Forgotten Trick as your first Ninja Trick.
Benefit: A ninja with this ability can recall one trick taught to her by her ancient masters. When she uses this ability, she selects one ninja trick (not a master trick or rogue talent) that she does not know and can use that ninja trick for a number of rounds equal to her level. She must pay any ki costs associated with the trick as normal. Using this ability expends 2 ki points from her ki pool, plus the ki cost of the trick she chooses.
Step 5: Be a Drunken Master (Monk variant) on the other side of your Gestalt.
Step 6: Take the Fast Drinker feat.
Step 7 (Optional): Take the Deep Drinker feat.
Step 8: Be like Bender from Futurama, but with the ability to spontaneously use any Ninja Trick (without a prerequisite that you don't have) in the game that isn't Rogue Talent or a Master Trick.

Sadly, the duration on Forgotten Trick being based on your Ninja level and the cap on the amount of Drunken Ki that you can hold at any one time being based on your Drunken Master level cause(s) this combo to be unviable in most non-Gestalt games. If there's a way to fix that, please let me know.

Necroticplague
2017-10-21, 08:38 PM
For step 6, you can get more bang for your buck if you use Potion Glutton instead.

ATHATH
2017-10-21, 10:37 PM
For step 6, you can get more bang for your buck if you use Potion Glutton instead.
The thing is, I don't know if just drinking the alcohol is enough. The standard action that's normally required might be used to both drink the alcohol and extract power from it or something. The point is, I'd rather go with RAW over RAI on this one.