PDA

View Full Version : Resist Elements in CPsi

GilesTheCleric
2017-10-22, 12:38 PM
Supposedly the spell Resist Elements is printed somewhere in Complete Psionics, but I can't find it. It's not in the web enhancement, either. Anyone have any guesses?

Zaq
2017-10-22, 12:51 PM
A spell, or a power? I don't see either in any obvious place, though there might be something squirreled away in a fluff section that I haven't read in forever.

Who said that there's supposed to be such a thing in that book?

hamishspence
2017-10-22, 12:55 PM
Maybe it's being confused with Energy Nullification Field?

Malimar
2017-10-22, 01:18 PM
Are you sure your source isn't thinking of the 3.0 Psionics Handbook?

hamishspence
2017-10-22, 02:40 PM
Supposedly the spell Resist Elements is printed somewhere in Complete Psionics, but I can't find it. It's not in the web enhancement, either. Anyone have any guesses?

Are you sure your source isn't thinking of the 3.0 Psionics Handbook?

The closest equivalent in the 3.0 book to Resist Energy seems to be Energy Barrier.

In the 3.5 XPH, Energy Adaptation seems to be an updated version of Energy Barrier.

Resist Energy spell:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/resistEnergy.htm

Energy Adaptation power:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/energyAdaptation.htm

They do seem to be roughly equivalent.

But if you're thinking of the psionic equivalent of the spell Endure Elements, rather than Resist Energy (there is no Resist Elements) - that's in Complete Psionic - page 85. Called "Endure Elements, Psionic"

ShurikVch
2017-10-22, 03:08 PM
(there is no Resist ElementsThe only one I'n aware of is from the Neverwinter Nights (http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Resist_elements).

GilesTheCleric
2017-10-22, 03:29 PM
I think you all are right and it doesn't exist. So far as I can tell, only the 3.0 PHB had that spell, which was then updated. TaB still has an un-updated Resist Elements, Mass, but I can just use my 3.0 PHB to get the info for that.

One more question: Has anyone seen Expose the Dead in SC? It's not in the errata or on page 86 or 96. Maybe it's in the premium SC, which I don't have?

hamishspence
2017-10-22, 03:42 PM
Energy Adaptation seems to be the closest equivalent to 3.5 Resist Energy - which appears to be descended from 3.0 Resist Elements.

TaB still has an un-updated Resist Elements, Mass, but I can just use my 3.0 PHB to get the info for that.

Spell Compendium has Resist Energy, Mass.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-10-22, 11:00 PM
One more question: Has anyone seen Expose the Dead in SC? It's not in the errata or on page 86 or 96. Maybe it's in the premium SC, which I don't have?

After googling both of the spells in question, it looks like one of the dndtools sites has mistakenly reported them as being from the books you've referenced. The description of Expose the Dead on that site references a feat from Eberron Campaign Setting, the game developers would not reference anything from that book unless the spell was actually printed in another Eberron setting book. It's in Magic of Eberron, page 96.