PDA

View Full Version : How to go about statting vampire's minion NPCS?

Protato
2017-10-22, 01:14 PM
My next session, since its close to Halloween, was going to introduce a Tiefling Vampire character residing in a spooky castle (Ulmade Castle from Dungeon issue 75 along with some misc maps I found online for other rooms) named Belle Berith, alias Arsene. She's a friend's character but I figured her being an important NPC would be cool. I might stat her any number of different ways, as a PC Arcane Trickster, as a Master Vampire, or even as Strahd. I might make her grow in power as players perform tasks for her. But since I've got her figured out more or less, I was wondering what her minions could be statted as.

First come's a Frankenstien's Monster-esque character named Doyle, for whom I'm just using Flesh Golem stats. I imagine Belle's got a Priest/Cleric character (whom I've named Conan) and I wanted to give him some class features. I don't know what a good Vampiric Cult leader might have but I can figure that out fairly easily. The last few are some Plague Doctor looking characters named Sherlock and Holmes. Sherlock is a sort of alchemist assistant (using Control Flames like a Bunsen-burner) with some illusion and debuff spells. Holmes is giving me the most trouble, as he's meant to be an Alchemist but I don't know how to make an Alchemist NPC really. What weapons/abilties might he posses? What kinds of medicines, poisons, and magic does he deal with, that sort of thing. While I'm not expecting the party to fight these NPCs, they very well might try to so I need to prepare for that by statting people. It also lets me keep in mind what abilities they have while setting up quest hooks.