PDA

View Full Version : How much support is there for a desiccation-based build?

SangoProduction
2017-10-23, 04:29 AM
Desiccation damage is a all but un-resisted form of damage that an apparently limited number of spells and abilities inflict. The most notable thing I can find for it is the Walker in the Wastes (http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/general/walkerinthewaste.shtml). Although...1/5 of its abilities can be a bit of a nuisance.

Obviously, the Thirst Domain is quite useful for the concept. ...I have no idea what type of character would devote themselves to thirst. Maybe something like those Japanese monks who used to self-mummify. But that's more an ends to a means, than something being devoted towards. Those monks also don't make good adventurers.

Thankfully, much of the Thirst Domain is available in Wizard form. The stuff in Sand domain, not so much. But...I guess a druid could get it? It kinda runs completely counter to the idea of the druid...even disregarding the undead bit. Destroying nature via Walker in the Waste is......yeah.

---
But, anyway, aside from the oddities of that particular class, is there anything that supports the theme of desiccation?