PDA

View Full Version : Question about Barbarian Primal Path Options [Answered]

Mister_Squinty
2017-10-23, 11:29 AM
My Barb just reached level 6 and I was looking at the Aspect of the Beast Primal Path options.

In SCAG, the Tiger Path gives you, "You gain proficiency in two skills from the following list: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, and Survival." Neat!

However, being a Barbarian, the class skills already grant Athletics and Survival.

So, is Tiger mainly for people who MC into Barbarian, or is this just a miss on WOTC part?

And I have a case of the Mondays and got Outlander Background mixed up with Barbarian class skills.

Dudewithknives
2017-10-23, 11:32 AM
My Barb just reached level 6 and I was looking at the Aspect of the Beast Primal Path options.

In SCAG, the Tiger Path gives you, "You gain proficiency in two skills from the following list: Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, and Survival." Neat!

However, being a Barbarian, the class skills already grant Athletics and Survival.

So, is Tiger mainly for people who MC into Barbarian, or is this just a miss on WOTC part?

It is just a second chance to take the proficiencies. Nothing really special about it.

Aett_Thorn
2017-10-23, 11:39 AM

You only get TWO of the Barbarian starting skills when you start out. So you might not have taken Athletics and Survival. Meaning that at level 6, you could pick them up if you wanted to.