PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find a Thematic Patron/God

SaA
2017-10-23, 02:00 PM
Ok , Im Getting ready a character for a game im joining and my plan is to go Warlock/Cleric and to Double Dip my Patron/God to only have a single Master

My GM is using an Alternative Fantasy Earth , in the sense that Mythological Gods and RL cultures of the past exist in someway shape or form in this world.

So my choices must come from Actual Gods of RL Myth and Folklore.

Also because i wish to have a Quickling as my familiar because im going PoC, it narrows my choices to Irish/Celtic/Germanic etc Mythologies , basically the ones that involves Fey/Fairies.

I also wish to avoid the evil choices. Though Fey Evil is probably more or less just in all honestly more chaotic then actually evil, none the less id like to avoid evil choices.

So i ask for any suggestions , on who to make my Patron/God, to those that know more about Mythology then i do.

Pls and Thank you. :)

JerryNYG
2017-10-23, 02:07 PM
Queen Mab of the Faerie Folk from the old traditions of Britain might be a good fit. I can't post links yet, but google Queen Mab and check out thr Britannica.com link on her.

On a fun side note, I am currently in a campaign where our DM has homebrewed the world. The deities and patrons are all members of the Marvel Avengers pantheon. My Rogue/Warlock's patron is Hawkeye (the Matt Fraction denomination).

nickl_2000
2017-10-23, 02:11 PM
Okay, so what I see about your character here is

1) No evil
2) Irish/Celtic/Germanic dieties.

What do you want your character to be like? What kind of god/patron would he serve? Can you give any information about him?

Aett_Thorn
2017-10-23, 02:13 PM
Do you have a Domain/Patron type picked out yet? That might helps us narrow it down to more of a theme for you. A Tempest/GOO Cleric/Warlock would probably get different suggestions than a Nature/Feylock.

Throne12
2017-10-23, 02:16 PM
Ok , Im Getting ready a character for a game im joining and my plan is to go Warlock/Cleric and to Double Dip my Patron/God to only have a single Master

My GM is using an Alternative Fantasy Earth , in the sense that Mythological Gods and RL cultures of the past exist in someway shape or form in this world.

So my choices must come from Actual Gods of RL Myth and Folklore.

Also because i wish to have a Quickling as my familiar because im going PoC, it narrows my choices to Irish/Celtic/Germanic etc Mythologies , basically the ones that involves Fey/Fairies.

I also wish to avoid the evil choices. Though Fey Evil is probably more or less just in all honestly more chaotic then actually evil, none the less id like to avoid evil choices.

So i ask for any suggestions , on who to make my Patron/God, to those that know more about Mythology then i do.

Pls and Thank you. :)

Fey is all over European legends, folk lore, and myth's

Why not go with Odin. Or Loki I think a quicklin is more in line with Loki.

Ventruenox
2017-10-23, 02:40 PM
Cerrunos could apply to a number of Domains. Nature, Life, Death, or in his form as leader of the Wild Hunt you could argue War or Tempest - though those are a stretch.

As was mentioned, knowing your Domain choice would help.

Honest Tiefling
2017-10-23, 03:03 PM
Until I get domain knowledge, I'm going to suggest something weird: Freyr. He's not really connected to the fey, but unless your DM rewrote the elves, they are. And guess who got Alfheim (elf-home, literally, their homelands) as a teething gift? He also married a Jotun, which is a creature of nature and chaos and magic...Sound familiar? Also, trying to conflate the DnD Defintion of fey with actual mythology can be a little difficult at times.

The advantage of Freyr is that he can logically give the War and Light domains that other choices might not be able to. Disadvantage is that if your DM knows mythology you might not be able to beat up women.

Vogie
2017-10-23, 03:14 PM
The Morrigan would work as both a cleric deity and a warlock patron - basically, she's literally a raven queen, but could be fluffed to Archfey.

For other Irish or Celtic mythos options, Manannan Mac Lir is a god of the Sea, and Flidais is the goddess of the hunt. In Norse mythos, there's also Forseti, son of Baldur, is the god of law, justice, and civilization; Freyr is a god of peace and fertility.

UnwiseAlistair
2017-10-27, 07:51 PM
I’ll agree with honest tiefling, Frey/Freyr sounds like a good choice here. Fey Patron most likely, and domain options probably include life, light, trickery, and nature.

RedMage125
2017-10-28, 10:50 AM
I'm gonna back up Queen Mab or the Morrigan.