PDA

View Full Version : The return of gitp regulars as spells!!!!!!!

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 02:40 PM
Welp their we go well start it again permission granted dont make your own spell for yourself and well ask or tell us a little about who you are.

Ahemvim sariel i excelled at theatre debate and psychology i love music but i think tactically when i did the mtg quiz for ravnician guilds i got dimir 7 out of 10 and times and boros as the other three. I enjoy making others laugh or dance to lighten a mood. I dont shy away from violence and finaly i wish to be a chef. And my favorite races are drow and aasimar my favorite classes are wizard bladesinger paladin all but treachery. Fighter pdk, sorcerer wild magic and the ninjaprawns 5e princess

Permissions granted. Erragorn ,Easy_lee,Dracoknight,Jack phoenix,137Ben,Ilven,Nickyl,potato priest,Nanomi,vaz,Jnap productions,Unorigional,nicrosil
Aett,thorn,Petenut butter,No_brains,Jumbo wheat,Jack_phoenix,raki_reborn,arkhios,rodger dodger557,Deox,regitnui,Dark knight jin,Mortis Elrond,
Delicious Taffy,Douche,contrast,freddy no nose,astfotel,Ninja prawn,scaly freak,asmotheron,darkoir,the_brazeburn

Completed.

Eragon123
2017-10-23, 02:47 PM
Welp their we go well start it again permission granted dont make your own spell for yourself and well ask or tell us a little about who you are.

Ahemvim sariel i excelled at theatre debate and psychology i love music but i think tactically when i did the mtg quiz for ravnician guilds i got dimir 7 out of 10 and times and boros as the other three. I enjoy making others laugh or dance to lighten a mood. I dont shy away from violence and finaly i wish to be a chef. And my favorite races are drow and aasimar my favorite classes are wizard bladesinger paladin all but treachery. Fighter pdk, sorcerer wild magic and the ninjaprawns 5e princess

Sariel's Insidious Cooking
Level 2
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft.
Classes: Bard
You pull out a cooking pot and place it anywhere with range. Any allies within 10 feet of the pot gain 1d4 HP. You then taunt all enemies that they can't have any so any within 10 ft (smelling range) take 1d4 psychic damage.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 03:12 PM
Level 2
You pull out a cooking pot and place it anywhere with range. Any allies within 10 feet of the pot gain 1d4 HP. You then taunt all enemies that they can't have any so any within 10 ft (smelling range) take 1d4 psychic damage.
Ok i love this and uh can we do some higher level effects i would use this all the time

Eragon123
2017-10-23, 03:34 PM
Level 2
At Higher Levels
Add 1d4 to each effect for each level above 2nd. Additionally if this spell is cast at 6th level or higher the radius of the smell increases to 20 ft.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 03:39 PM
You know im going to ask my dm to use this.it litterally beats the dog **** out of my stripping spell

Eragon123
2017-10-23, 03:48 PM
:D though you might need to add a save to the enemies otherwise its combining mass healing word and magic missile... Then again it's more restrictive than either...

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 04:22 PM
:D though you might need to add a save to the enemies otherwise its combining mass healing word and magic missile... Then again it's more restrictive than either...

My thoughts conjuration with a wisdom save tasty save requires a strength of will. I also made it wizard as im a bladesinger its got good utility as a bladesinger spell.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-23, 04:41 PM
Permission granted to use me. I'm most known on here for my BM Ranger guides, my guidelines for creating custom weapons, being permissive toward players and suspicious of DMs, and being pedantic and irritable in general. Most posters probably wish I'd stop arguing about fifty posts earlier.

Bending the rules, but if I may suggest a name: Lee's Litigious Libretto.

JackPhoenix
2017-10-23, 04:49 PM
Permission granted, just as with the last thread. I'm known for... well. I know what I *think* what I'm known for, but I'm rather interested what's others' perception of my GitP persona. That was (IMO) kinda the point of the last thread, not gratituous ego stroking based on my perception of myself.

DracoKnight
2017-10-23, 05:14 PM
I grant permission here, as I did with the last thread :smallbiggrin:

137beth
2017-10-23, 05:15 PM
Anyone who wants can make one of me.

Illven
2017-10-23, 05:16 PM
Given permission myself.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 05:29 PM
Permission granted to use me. I'm most known on here for my BM Ranger guides, my guidelines for creating custom weapons, being permissive toward players and suspicious of DMs, and being pedantic and irritable in general. Most posters probably wish I'd stop arguing about fifty posts earlier.

Bending the rules, but if I may suggest a name: Lee's Litigious Libretto.

Lees litigious libreto you pore fourth over the very foundation of law in the multiverse to bring forth some errant form of justice that is so beyond the natural form of understanding the target takes 8d10 psychic damage abd may either break its mind or become a thrall.
Id say warlock old one 7th or 8th level spell
Range touch
Duration instantaneous
Save the psyche save from the dmg other wise inteligence.

nickl_2000
2017-10-23, 05:55 PM
I'll give permission, but I don't know what I'm known for on here.

JNAProductions
2017-10-23, 06:00 PM
DracoKnight's Draconic Knighting
7th Level Transmutation

Casting Time: 1 action or 10 minutes
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (expensive)
Duration: 1 minute (concentration) or 1 day

Anointing a mixture of ground gemstones and dragon's blood on an ally's brow (or your own), you empower them with the might of a dragon. Their Strength and Constitution increase by 4 (to a max of 30) for the duration of the spell, their skin becomes scaly and hard, granting resistance to a single type of energy damage (associated with the dragon type's blood) and increasing their AC by 3, as well as giving them a breath attack, usable as a bonus action once per minute and dealing 10d6 points of energy damage-the same type they resist.

This spell lasts for one minute (concentration) if cast as an action, or one day if cast for 10 minutes. Regardless, the material component is still consumed.

Material Component: A mixture of ground gemstones and dragon's blood, worth 100 GP.

Illven's Distracting Harem
5th Level Conjuration

Range: 120'
Components: V, S
Duration: 10 minutes (concentration)

With a flick of your hand, a thrust of your pelvis, and a few magic words, you summon a potent magical construct. A harem (typically female, though does not have to be) appears somewhere within range and line of sight, ready to distract and dismay your foes. The harem consists of eight magical constructs that emulate people-they are not obviously magical at first glance, but close inspection does reveal them to be not of this world. As a bonus action, you may command your harem to move and mob foes (the bonus action allows you to assign targets-once assigned, they will distract until redirected or stopped). Each member is capable of taking the Dash, Dodge, and Help actions, has 10 HP, your save bonuses, and AC 13. They have resistance to all damage they take on a successful save.

When Upcast: For each level higher, one additional harem member appears, their HP increases by 2, and their AC increases by 1. When cast from at least a 7th level slot, they are immune to damage taken on a successful save.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 06:08 PM
I grant permission here, as I did with the last thread :smallbiggrin:

Hey dracoknight you need more than a spell. Dracoknights magical brewery itll put a fire in your heart and a delicious taste of victory in your loins. Vecna approved.

Otherwise dracoknights draco breath inhale air exhale fire. Evocation 1bonus action.

I think a cantrip. And have it increase damage at each level the others get a damage increase. Deals max damage to the high priest of wotc

Eragon123
2017-10-23, 06:42 PM
Nickl for your Thoughts
Divination 2
Range 30 feet

You mentally probe into a creatures mind within range. On a failed will save you learn what that creature is worried about. Roll 1d6 and follow the table below.

1-2: "I didn't drink enough milk today. Hope I don't break any bones." Creature gains vulnerability to bludgeoning until the start of your next turn.
3-4: "When the cleric said I was low on iron he didn't want me to fix it intravenously" creature gains vulnerability to piercing damage until the start of your next turn.
5-6: "God that was an awful show" Creature gains vulnerability to Slasher slashing damage until the start of your next turn.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-23, 06:44 PM
Lees litigious libreto you pore fourth over the very foundation of law in the multiverse to bring forth some errant form of justice that is so beyond the natural form of understanding the target takes 8d10 psychic damage abd may either break its mind or become a thrall.
Id say warlock old one 7th or 8th level spell
Range touch
Duration instantaneous
Save the psyche save from the dmg other wise inteligence.

I like it. A lot.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-23, 06:46 PM
Permission granted to use me, should anyone so choose.

Naanomi
2017-10-23, 07:07 PM
Like many others here, I'm not sure what my 'GitP reputation' is... being a stickler for RAW, but enjoying exploring the limits of it? A deep love for 2e Planescape cosmology? Making overly thematic characters/parties?

In real life, I'm a special ed teacher specializing in autism and aggressive/self-injurious behavior (lots of grappling practice!)... I have a background in bio-psychology... I'm Native American and grew up on the reservation...

Oh, permission granted (if that wasn’t implied)

Vaz
2017-10-23, 07:09 PM
Wy not. Perms granted. Do what you can.

Pex
2017-10-23, 07:10 PM
This ought to be good.

Cast Pex.

Honest Tiefling
2017-10-23, 07:11 PM
Like many others here, I'm not sure what my 'GitP reputation' is...

I thought half the fun was seeing what the reputation is. If you have to tell people...Then it's a rather crummy test for what your reputation is, isn't it?

JNAProductions
2017-10-23, 07:16 PM
Oh, also, permission granted for me.

Unoriginal
2017-10-23, 07:20 PM
Permission granted. Not sure what is my reputation, but eh, that's a way to know.

Nicrosil
2017-10-23, 07:21 PM
I grant permission for myself! I'm not sure what I'd be known for, besides not posting and half-finished projects...

Eragon123
2017-10-23, 07:23 PM
Kinda new to the forums but as I have already participated in this thread. I give permission.

Naanomi
2017-10-23, 07:24 PM
I thought half the fun was seeing what the reputation is. If you have to tell people...Then it's a rather crummy test for what your reputation is, isn't it?
Perhaps, but one wonders how much you'd need to post to be a 'regular' in the sense of having a recognizable reputation to a large portion of the user base... I'm on here every day but only know much about a few dozen posters at most

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 07:32 PM
Like many others here, I'm not sure what my 'GitP reputation' is... being a stickler for RAW, but enjoying exploring the limits of it? A deep love for 2e Planescape cosmology? Making overly thematic characters/parties?

In real life, I'm a special ed teacher specializing in autism and aggressive/self-injurious behavior (lots of grappling practice!)... I have a background in bio-psychology... I'm Native American and grew up on the reservation...

I believe you are a hero so i dont actually know. What kind of spell but hey bravo

Aett_Thorn
2017-10-23, 07:33 PM
Not sure if I have been here long enough to have a rep, but permission granted.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 07:42 PM
Kinda new to the forums but as I have already participated in this thread. I give permission.

Hmmmm. Erragorn i was reading your previous posts to attempt to find a good spell for you.
However. Erragorns exceptional Shot. Notch an arrow increase the damage to 2d12 and it gets a critical on 18.

PeteNutButter
2017-10-23, 07:48 PM
Permission granted.

I’ll leave it to others to determine what they think. Signature block might be a clue...

thoroughlyS
2017-10-23, 07:53 PM
Sariel's Splinter Speech
1st-level enchantment Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard
Range: 30
Components: V
Duration: 1 minute

You begin speaking frantically, letting your stream of consciousness flow forth, causing creatures that you can see within range and that can hear you to make a Wisdom saving throw. Any creature that can’t be charmed succeeds on this saving throw automatically. On a failed save, the target cannot make reactions until the spell ends or until the target can no longer hear you. The spell ends if you are incapacitated or can no longer speak.

No offense, but I always have a hard time understanding you when I read your posts.

Lee's Loyal Lupine
1st-level conjuration Ranger
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, S, M (meat which has been marinated in heavy spices)
Duration: Instantaneous

You summon a wild spirit of nature, that assumes the form of a frightfully beautiful beast. Appearing in an unoccupied space within range, the lupine has the statistics of a wolf, though it is one size larger than you. The lupine is friendly to you and your companions, and as long as the lupine is within 5 miles of you it knows the direction and distance to you. Casting this spell again summons the same lupine, restored to its hit point maximum.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 08:00 PM
Sariel's Splinter Speech
1st-level enchantment
Range: 30

You begin speaking frantically, letting your stream of consciousness flow forth, causing creatures that you can see within range and that can hear you to make a Wisdom saving throw. Any creature that can’t be charmed succeeds on this saving throw automatically, and if you or your companions are fighting a creature, it has advantage on the save. On a failed save, the target cannot make reactions until the spell ends or until the target can no longer hear you. The spell ends if you are incapacitated or can no longer speak.

No offense, but I always have a hard time understanding you when I read your posts.

Eh i get it, my typing isnt always great im known for it among my litteral link throwing.mfov hostess and all.thus its fine just uh yuh know it may as well do psychic damage.

thoroughlyS
2017-10-23, 08:28 PM
Eh i get it, my typing isnt always great im known for it among my litteral link throwing.mfov hostess and all.thus its fine just uh yuh know it may as well do psychic damage.
It's not painful, just really distracting. That's why I based the spell off of enthrall.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-23, 08:57 PM
Not sure if I have been here long enough to have a rep, but permission granted.

My impression: you talk about a lot of different classes and seem fond of unusual multiclass combinations. With that in mind:

Aett_Thorn's Indecisive Inversion:
2nd, S, 1 Action
Target: Self
Duration: 8 hours

Choose an attribute and a type of D20 roll (attacks, checks, or saving throws). For the duration, whenever you would make that type of roll, you may use a different attribute of your choice.

JNAProductions
2017-10-23, 09:20 PM
My impression: you talk about a lot of different classes and seem fond of unusual multiclass combinations. With that in mind:

2nd, S, 1 Action

Choose an attribute and a type of D20 roll (attacks, checks, or saving throws). For the duration, whenever you would make that type of roll, you may use a different attribute of your choice.

That's mighty powerful for a 2nd level spell. Let's say you suck at Wisdom saves. One second level spell later, you're passing them with ease with your massive Charisma.

No brains
2017-10-23, 09:23 PM
Lay it on me. Turn whatever average proclivities I have into a spell. You have my permission.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-23, 09:33 PM
That's mighty powerful for a 2nd level spell. Let's say you suck at Wisdom saves. One second level spell later, you're passing them with ease with your massive Charisma.

It's about as strong as gaining proficiency when you don't have it. But the real benefit is for making builds that rely on the spell.

JNAProductions
2017-10-23, 09:34 PM
It's about as strong as gaining proficiency when you don't have it. But the real benefit is for making builds that rely on the spell.

Such as a Barbarian using Con for attack, if cast by a friendly Wizard?

It seems really open to abuse for such a low level spell.

JumboWheat01
2017-10-23, 09:58 PM
I'll throw my general permission for anything, in case anyone wants to do anything with my randomness.

I'm also here to see some of the spectacular (and silly) spells that pop up in this thread.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 10:11 PM
Permission granted.

I’ll leave it to others to determine what they think. Signature block might be a clue...

Munchkins maniacal math inflict maximum damage with any spell cast for 3 rounds
1 bonus action 8th level divination.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 10:13 PM
Permission granted, just as with the last thread. I'm known for... well. I know what I *think* what I'm known for, but I'm rather interested what's others' perception of my GitP persona. That was (IMO) kinda the point of the last thread, not gratituous ego stroking based on my perception of myself.

Phoenix rising. 9th level spell that does your hit dice in damage.fire damage. Leaves user at 1 hit point and ignores fire resistance. The ultimat kamikaze spell

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-23, 10:18 PM
Killed the post that was here so no one saw anything.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-23, 11:03 PM
Permission granted.

PeteNutButter's Prodigious Proficiency
6th, V, S, M (a sword, dagger, holy symbol, or book), 1 action
Duration: Concentration up to 1 minute

You take on attributes of another who you have studied in great detail. Choose one of the following:

Sword - you gain extra attack as if you were a Fighter of your current level.
Dagger - you gain sneak attack as if you were a Rogue of your current level.
Holy Symbol - you may use your action on subsequent turns to touch a friendly creature, healing it for an amount equal to your current level.
Book - creatures have disadvantage on saving throws against your spells.

Would only fit on the Bard spell list.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-24, 12:27 AM
Easy_Lee. How is petenut buters maniacal munchkins math. To silly to funny to actiually usable im wondering

Arkhios
2017-10-24, 01:00 AM
Permission granted. I'm curious how people perceive me now that I've been around a good while.

PeteNutButter
2017-10-24, 01:41 AM
PeteNutButter's Prodigious Proficiency
6th, V, S, M (a sword, dagger, holy symbol, or book), 1 action
Duration: Concentration up to 1 minute

You take on attributes of another who you have studied in great detail. Choose one of the following:

Sword - you gain extra attack as if you were a Fighter of your current level.
Dagger - you gain sneak attack as if you were a Rogue of your current level.
Holy Symbol - you may use your action on subsequent turns to touch a friendly creature, healing it for an amount equal to your current level.
Book - creatures have disadvantage on saving throws against your spells.

Would only fit on the Bard spell list.

Oh god, I'd abuse that. The sword is tempting, but the dagger is probably more DPR, depending on level breakpoints. It'd be even cheesier if you could use a bonus action to switch it.:smallbiggrin:

DracoKnight
2017-10-24, 04:34 AM
Oh god, I'd abuse that. The sword is tempting, but the dagger is probably more DPR, depending on level breakpoints. It'd be even cheesier if you could use a bonus action to switch it.:smallbiggrin:

Oddly enough a sword ‘n’ board Fighter with the Dueling Fighting Style does 1.5 damage more than the rogue on average (46, vs. 44.5), if they hit every time. But...I screwed that up since you wouldn’t have Dueling. Yeah, Dagger is more DPR, unless you dipped 1 Fighter.

RakiReborn
2017-10-24, 04:59 AM
I'll give permission again, would love to see one for me this time ^^
Havent been posting a lot lately, but have in the past :p

Arkhios
2017-10-24, 05:12 AM
Sariel, could you update the OP with the permissions granted so that people won't have to dig through a constantly expanding thread for those. :)

nickl_2000
2017-10-24, 07:35 AM
Nickl for your Thoughts
Divination 2
Range 30 feet

You mentally probe into a creatures mind within range. On a failed will save you learn what that creature is worried about. Roll 1d6 and follow the table below.

1-2: "I didn't drink enough milk today. Hope I don't break any bones." Creature gains vulnerability to bludgeoning until the start of your next turn.
3-4: "When the cleric said I was low on iron he didn't want me to fix it intravenously" creature gains vulnerability to piercing damage until the start of your next turn.
5-6: "God that was an awful show" Creature gains vulnerability to Slasher slashing damage until the start of your next turn.

I love it, thanks!

Rogerdodger557
2017-10-24, 07:48 AM
Permission granted.

Deox
2017-10-24, 07:50 AM
Permission given. Was more alive on old WoTC boards and some here in 3.5.

Pex, I have an interesting idea for yours. Just putting on the finishing touches.

Deox
2017-10-24, 08:11 AM
Pex's Potent Proclomation
7th-level divination
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Component: V,S
Duration: Concentration, up to 8 hours

You invoke a standard, cohesive set of skill DCs for the day, regardless of who is DM.
All non-combat skill checks you make for the duration of the spell are set at DC 15.
If no roll is required, the spell's effect does not occur for that instance.
You may make all skill checks using your proficiency bonus, even if you are not proficient or are lacking appropriate tools.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-24, 08:21 AM
Easy_Lee. How is petenut buters maniacal munchkins math. To silly to funny to actiually usable im wondering

I mean, it's a flavor thing. How tongue in cheek do you want your game to be? Munchkin, Lord of the Rings, or something in between the two extremes?

Regitnui
2017-10-24, 08:32 AM
Permission given. Last time I had a spell so awesome I sigged it. Let's see what someone can do this time.

DarkKnightJin
2017-10-24, 08:41 AM
I hereby grant permission. To see what my reputation here had wrought so far.

I wanna see what y'all think of me.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-24, 12:40 PM

The honest tiefling and his mustache of evil and hat of goodness. Im known for **** spelling and mfov links people know this thats why one spell is fun the other is....... Exactly what it looks like .

Pex
2017-10-24, 12:57 PM
Pex's Potent Proclomation
7th-level divination
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Component: V,S
Duration: Concentration, up to 8 hours

You invoke a standard, cohesive set of skill DCs for the day, regardless of who is DM.
All non-combat skill checks you make for the duration of the spell are set at DC 15.
You may make any skill checks with proficiency, even if you are not proficient or are lacking appropriate tools.

:smallbiggrin:

Clarify that if there was no roll needed in the first place the spell doesn't force a roll at DC 15. It remains you can do the thing without a roll as normal.

The spell backfires in that a roll could still be called for but the DC would have been 10. Giving proficiency to all checks compensates.

jaappleton
2017-10-24, 01:00 PM
Go for it.

Aett_Thorn
2017-10-24, 01:04 PM

2nd, S, 1 Action

Seems fitting. Thanks!

nickl_2000
2017-10-24, 01:09 PM
Go for it.
I'll go for the obvious one here

Jaappleton's Curious Cuteness
2nd-level conjuration
Casting Time: 1 round
You create an illusion of adorable baby animals (usually kittens, but adjustable based on the location) that are used as part of a social interaction. The target of the spell has their willpower and resistance to questioning melt and will answer all questions ask truthfully for the next minute (with a new save for each question asked).
When Upcast at level 3 or higher: Multiple baby animals appear at once with a pleading look on their face. The brain of the target is overwhelmed by the cuteness of creatures presented and is unable to attempt a save against the spell

Vaz
2017-10-24, 02:35 PM
I hereby grant permission. To see what my reputation here had wrought so far.

I wanna see what y'all think of me.

Going purely by the name, as I'm afraid I've not read enough of your posts.

DJINN'S DARK ARMOUR
2nd-level conjuration
Casting Time; 1 action
Range; Self
Component's; V, S, M (a fragment of plate armour taken from the corpse of one slain in battle)
Duration; Concentration, up to 1 minute

You coat yourself in a suit of Plate Armour formed of what appears to be pure midnight. You are considered to be proficient in this suit of armour, and ignore the Strength requirement and disadvantage to stealth caused by wearing the armour. This armour is considered to be magical. Your unarmed strikes deal d4 damage unless this would normally be higher.
At Higher Levels; When you cast this spell using a spell slot, the armour is treated as being +1 bonus higher for every two full spell levels. Additionally, at 4th level, you have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws made to maintain concentration on this spell, at 6th level, the spell is no longer concentration, and at 8th level, the duration lasts for 1 hour.

jaappleton
2017-10-24, 02:37 PM
I'll go for the obvious one here

Jaappleton's Curious Cuteness
2nd-level conjuration
Casting Time: 1 round
You create an illusion of adorable baby animals (usually kittens, but adjustable based on the location) that are used as part of a social interaction. The target of the spell has their willpower and resistance to questioning melt and will answer all questions ask truthfully for the next minute (with a new save for each question asked).
When Upcast at level 3 or higher: Multiple baby animals appear at once with a pleading look on their face. The brain of the target is overwhelmed by the cuteness of creatures presented and is unable to attempt a save against the spell

Thank you. :smallbiggrin:

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-24, 02:56 PM

DJINN'S DARK ARMOUR
2nd-level conjuration
Casting Time; 1 action
Range; Self
Component's; V, S, M (a fragment of plate armour taken from the corpse of one slain in battle)

You coat yourself in a suit of Plate Armour formed of what appears to be pure midnight. You are considered to be proficient in this suit of armour, and ignore the Strength requirement and disadvantage to stealth caused by wearing the armour. This armour is considered to be magical. Your unarmed strikes deal d4 damage unless this would normally be higher.
At Higher Levels; When you cast this spell using a spell slot, the armour is treated as being +1 bonus higher for every two full spell levels. Additionally, at 4th level, you have advantage on Constitution Saving Throws made to maintain concentration on this spell, at 6th level, the spell is no longer concentration, and at 8th level, the duration lasts for 1 hour.

This spell seems ok and balanced so what classes can use it and cast it

Vaz
2017-10-24, 03:14 PM
This spell seems ok and balanced so what classes can use it and cast it

Fair point. Cleric, Paladin, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard I think.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-24, 03:59 PM
Fair point. Cleric, Paladin, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard I think.

I just wanted to know it has a good use ala skyrims mage armor thus its very good to use.id allow it on my games i might even put it in

DarkKnightJin
2017-10-24, 04:11 PM

DJINN'S DARK ARMOUR
2nd-level conjuration
Casting Time; 1 action
Range; Self

I like it. Kinda sad that Paladins get shafted on the upcasts, though. Not sure a spell should be able to get upcast beyond the max slot level of a single-classed character that has access to it.
Beyond that, it actually fits my preferred character type: Heavy armored caster. Or a gish, I suppose. I do love my martial/caster mixes.
So Sorc and Cleric getting it makes sense for my spell. Wizards too. Warlock would be nice, but pretty much have the same problem as Paladin with the available slots for maximum effects..

RakiReborn
2017-10-24, 04:26 PM
I'll have a go for making one too. This one is for Jack Phoenix. Its solely based on your username. Jack was a commonly used name in the middle ages and slur for 'man'. So here it is:

Jack/Phoenix (bard only)
2nd level evocation
Casting time: 1 action
Range: 30ft
You magically invoke the start of a tale, which can turn to a tale of legend or a tale that is soon forgotten. Choose one creature within range that is at 0HP, but not dead and roll a d20. On a 1-10, he comes back as an ordinary Jack and regains hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability. On a 11-20 he rises as a phoenix, regaining hit points equal to 5d8 + your spellcasting ability
at higher levels: when you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the healing from the phoenix result increases by 2d8 for each level above 2nd.

No idea if the healing is balanced this way...

JackPhoenix
2017-10-24, 04:35 PM
I'll have a go for making one too. This one is for Jack Phoenix. Its solely based on your username. Jack was a commonly used name in the middle ages and slur for 'man'. So here it is:

Jack/Phoenix (bard only)
2nd level evocation
Range: 30ft
You magically invoke the start of a tale, which can turn to a tale of legend or a tale that is soon forgotten. Choose one creature within range that is at 0HP, but not dead and roll a d20. On a 1-10, he comes back as an ordinary Jack and regains hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability. On a 11-20 he rises as a phoenix, regaining hit points equal to 5d8 + your spellcasting ability
at higher levels: when you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the healing from the phoenix result increases by 2d8 for each level above 2nd.

No idea if the healing is balanced this way...

You know, I find it funny that all 3 spells I've got were based on my username and not behavior. Btw, Jack is english version of my czech name (Honza, which for some reason is... how to call it... familiar? version of Jan, something like Bob being familiar version of Robert. I have no idea where did it came from or why is it completely different *and* longer than the "official" name) and Phoenix is... well, just fiery bird I like.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-24, 04:44 PM
You know, I find it funny that all 3 spells I've got were based on my username and not behavior. Btw, Jack is english version of my czech name (Honza, which for some reason is... how to call it... familiar? version of Jan, something like Bob being familiar version of Robert. I have no idea where did it came from or why is it completely different *and* longer than the "official" name) and Phoenix is... well, just fiery bird I like.

E. Honza's Hurled Hands
Cantrip, S
Your hand becomes a flurry of strikes and pushes, appearing like one hundred hands to the naked eye. Make a melee spell attack against a creature within your unarmed strike reach. On a hit, the creature takes damage equal to your unarmed strike damage and, if it is large or smaller, it is pushed 10 feet away from you.

This cantrip can also be used on doors and similar barriers. If the door is locked, make a spell attack against its lock DC. If the spell attack is equal or greater than its DC, the lock is defeated and the door is thrown open.

At 5th, 11th, and 17th level, you may target one additional creature or door with this cantrip. All targets must be in range at the time of casting.

RakiReborn
2017-10-24, 05:15 PM

I'll have a go based on a quick read through your latest posts then too ;p

Jack Phoenix's Correcting Voice (might need a better name)
2nd level illusion
Range: 60ft
Duration: concentration, 1 minute

Choose one creature within range that can hear you and understand at least one language. That target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the target hears a voice in its head that corrects it each time it thinks of an action to undertake. The target is stunned for the duration.
At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target.
At higher levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 2nd. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

thoroughlyS
2017-10-24, 06:47 PM
Jaappleton's Justifications
1st-level divination Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard
Casting Time: 1 minute (ritual)
Range: Self
Components: V, M (a live and twittering bird, a blank piece of parchment or paper)

You call out to a being of higher power, the Word of God, and it imparts you with knowledge of events yet to pass. You may ask about the following topics:

Insight into the fundamental laws of the universe.
If and when you will meet a being of a different social class.
If and when you may uncover new and mysterious magics.
What about Revised Ranger?

After 1d8 hours, a response of 280 characters or less scrolls across the page before you.

Vaz's Vigorous Vexations
1st-level transmutation Warlock
Casting Time: 1 reaction

When you cast this spell, you create a pool of eldritch energy. This pool has 2 points, which disappear at the end of your next short rest. If you cast this spell again you add any additional points to this pool. At any time you may expend points from this pool to cast a spell you know. You expend a number of points based on the spell slot you wish to cast (the slot must be of a level you have access to):

Spell Slot

1st-level

2nd-level

3rd-level

4th-level

5th-level

In addition, while you have at least 1 point in your pool, you learn one of the 1st-level spells available from your Expanded Spell List trait.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a slot of 2nd-level or higher, you add a number of points to the pool equivalent to the slot expended.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-10-24, 08:13 PM
Permission granted. do your worst/best. I like edgey things btw

No brains
2017-10-24, 09:52 PM
Unoriginal's Concise Brevity
6th-Level Transmutation Cleric, Druid, Wizard
Casting Time: 1 Action
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

You gain succinct control over the time taken to cast your spells and make your points. When you cast a spell on your turn, you may choose whether a spell cast with an action or a bonus action is cast with either an action or bonus action for the duration. While you do so, you may only cast one spell a turn.

JackPhoenix
2017-10-24, 10:03 PM
I'll have a go based on a quick read through your latest posts then too ;p

Jack Phoenix's Correcting Voice (might need a better name)
2nd level illusion
Range: 60ft
Duration: concentration, 1 minute

Choose one creature within range that can hear you and understand at least one language. That target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the target hears a voice in its head that corrects it each time it thinks of an action to undertake. The target is stunned for the duration.
At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target.
At higher levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 2nd. The creatures must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Heh... sounds about right

Delicious Taffy
2017-10-25, 02:27 AM
I'd love to see if someone could make a spell based on me, if only to see what my reputation here might be. I'd also love to create one based on somebody, if only I was familiar enough with the system and user.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-25, 10:24 AM
I'd love to see if someone could make a spell based on me, if only to see what my reputation here might be. I'd also love to create one based on somebody, if only I was familiar enough with the system and user.

Go for it taf taf i mean just pick someone see if you have debated with anyone on here. And boomf jsketchy made one based on my typing quirks.

Douche
2017-10-25, 10:25 AM
I'm interested

For my background - well, on a first date I'll usually tell someone that I'm into D&D (obviously) and volleyball. Also video games, but that's not really a great topic of discussion. My distinguishing feature is that I'm really tall (6'6"). I also have recently taken up painting.

Furthermore, I hate talking about myself, lol

jaappleton
2017-10-25, 10:31 AM
Jaappleton's Justifications
3rd-level divination Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard
Casting Time: 1 to 8 hours (ritual)
Components: V, M (a live and twittering bird, a blank piece of parchment or paper)

You call out to a being of higher power, the Word of God, and it imparts you with knowledge of events yet to pass. You may ask about the following topics:

Insight into the fundamental laws of the universe.
If and when you will meet a being of a different social class.
If and when you may uncover new and mysterious magics.
What about Revised Ranger?

After the spell is cast, a response of 140 characters or less scrolls across the page before you.

You guys rule :smallbiggrin:

JNAProductions
2017-10-25, 10:33 AM
I'm interested

For my background - well, on a first date I'll usually tell someone that I'm into D&D (obviously) and volleyball. Also video games, but that's not really a great topic of discussion. My distinguishing feature is that I'm really tall (6'6"). I also have recently taken up painting.

Furthermore, I hate talking about myself, lol

Douche's Misleading Name
Enchantment Cantrip

Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: 30'
Component: V
Duration: One Minute

With a mere word, you present a completely different self than that which is. You utter a completely misleading name, granting you advantage on Deception checks for the duration against one target within range. However, this also grants you disadvantage on Persuasion and Performance checks, as the misleading name is a tad insulting.

At Higher Levels: 5th level, two targets. 11th, three. 17th, four.

You seem like a nice guy, Douche. Whereas your chosen name... Well...

Deox
2017-10-25, 10:37 AM
:smallbiggrin:

Clarify that if there was no roll needed in the first place the spell doesn't force a roll at DC 15. It remains you can do the thing without a roll as normal.

The spell backfires in that a roll could still be called for but the DC would have been 10. Giving proficiency to all checks compensates.

Hope the spell captures your essence, Pex!

I did make the addition of not calling out for a check if none was needed and clarified that all skill checks are made with your proficiency bonus, even if you lack proficiency or the appropriate tool.

No brains
2017-10-25, 09:31 PM
Delicious Taffy's Delicious Taffy
Conjuration cantrip
Duration: 1 round

You conjure some delicious taffy in your hand or even right in your mouth. The taffy disintegrates at the end of the duration if a creature doesn't eat it. If a creature does eat it, it's nothing remarkable, but it was simple to make.

I hope you can get a real spell in the future and not just a paragon of a lazy idea. :smallsmile:

DarkKnightJin
2017-10-25, 11:22 PM
Delicious Taffy's Delicious Taffy
Conjuration cantrip
Duration: 1 round

You conjure some delicious taffy in your hand or even right in your mouth. The taffy disintegrates at the end of the duration if a creature doesn't eat it. If a creature does eat it, it's nothing remarkable, but it was simple to make.

I hope you can get a real spell in the future and not just a paragon of a lazy idea. :smallsmile:

What do you mean?
How many creatures do you know that wouldn't bite down on something in their mouth suddenly?
And have you TRIED speaking clearly with a mouth full of taffy?
You just created what's essentially a single-target Silence.

Contrast
2017-10-26, 04:04 AM
What do you mean?
How many creatures do you know that wouldn't bite down on something in their mouth suddenly?
And have you TRIED speaking clearly with a mouth full of taffy?
You just created what's essentially a single-target Silence.

:smalltongue:

Edit - and I grant permission as well I guess :smallbiggrin:

DarkKnightJin
2017-10-26, 06:18 AM
:smalltongue:

Edit - and I grant permission as well I guess :smallbiggrin:

I guess was having a no brains moment there..
I totally missed that bit.

So it's a self-Silence. It's... Something?

scalyfreak
2017-10-27, 11:10 AM
Is anyone saving all these spells for posterity?

This thread seems like a great starting point for a GitP Homebrew (which in turn sounds like a low level conjuration for that creates beer or cider) spells collection.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-27, 11:12 AM
Is anyone saving all these spells for posterity?

This thread seems like a great starting point for a GitP Homebrew (which in turn sounds like a low level conjuration for that creates beer or cider) spells collection.

I believe they are organised later but thats what i think

FreddyNoNose
2017-10-28, 06:24 PM
I like that people aren't allowed to make up spells for themselves!

Permission to use me.

Astofel
2017-10-28, 07:04 PM
Do I even have a reputation here? I have no idea, let's find out. Since my username is the name of one of my favourite characters that I've played, I'll give a brief description of him as well so people can decide if they want to make a spell for my character or me IRL.

IRL I'm in my second year of university, majoring in astronomy but also studying physics. My favourite D&D class is the bard, followed by the monk. Speaking of monks, I also happen to have a black belt in real life. I also have a fondness for writing stories, can speak Japanese well enough to get by in day-to-day life, and have a silly amount of pointless trivia that has accumulated in my brain over the years.

Astofel the character is a gold dragonborn bard of the Goldenvoice clan, and the heir to the kingdom of ar'Kestral, a kingdom which has been ruled by a line of noble bards for centuries. In order to truly become the heir, he must adventure out into the world and return home with a legendary tale he crafted during his advenures. Personality wise he is very much the Team Dad, always looking out for the other party members and making sure their shenanigans don't put everyone in too much danger.

Nifft
2017-10-28, 09:42 PM
I'm in.

Power Word: Nifft.

This ought to be good.

Cast Pex.

I know there already is one, but this name just speaks to me...

LUMINOUS PEX
1st-level enchantment (Warlock)

Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components: V, S, M (the pickled wing of a bat)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

You place a blessing on yourself or an ally. Until the spell ends, the target's melee attacks deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage to any foe who damaged the target since the end of the target's previous turn. Also, the target cannot suffer disadvantage on Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution ability checks for the duration.

If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to bless a new creature.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd or 4th level, you can maintain your concentration on the spell for up to 8 hours. When you use a spell slot of 5th level or higher, you can maintain your concentration on the spell for up to 24 hours.

This spell is notable for producing an effect like that of a glowing breastplate which flares when the target takes damage or succeeds on a saving throw. Scholars are uncertain if the dewomer known as Pex is an abbreviation of "positive Hex," or merely a corruption of the pectoral muscle group, which the glowing breastplate might resemble.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-10-29, 03:45 AM
I believe they are organised later but thats what i think

It's your thread now, Sariel, which means it's on you to organise it. You're welcome to copy my formatting (previous thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479518-GitP-Regulars-as-Spells)) if you like, or come up with your own.

I'll grant permission, though I already have two spells to my name, so please don't prioritise me over people who don't have spells yet.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-29, 12:00 PM
It's your thread now, Sariel, which means it's on you to organise it. You're welcome to copy my formatting (previous thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479518-GitP-Regulars-as-Spells)) if you like, or come up with your own.

I'll grant permission, though I already have two spells to my name, so please don't prioritise me over people who don't have spells yet.

Thanks prawn ill add you to the list and if work ever lets me rest ill put down who has been finished also do ya like my new sig.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-10-29, 01:04 PM
also do ya like my new sig.

Um, spokeswoman? ...perhaps 'advocate' would be a better word. :smalltongue:

Beechgnome
2017-10-29, 01:12 PM
If anyone can think of a good play on my name or my posting quirks, go crazy. I tend to play spellcasters and as a DM I have a rep for detail-work at the edges, ie., having way too many NPCs with back stories that never come up.

Sariel Vailo
2017-10-29, 01:16 PM
Um, spokeswoman? ...perhaps 'advocate' would be a better word. :smalltongue:

I mean advocate is the truth but it doesnt make for a good sig

scalyfreak
2017-10-29, 01:45 PM
I mean advocate is the truth but it doesnt make for a good sig

Why not?

And if I'm going to post in the thread I might as well join in. Permission granted. I'm not nearly as active here as some others though, so I have low expectations. :smalltongue:

furby076
2017-10-29, 10:13 PM
This is still a funny and cute list

My reputation is top secret. I grant permission ;):smallsmile::smallsmile:

oxybe
2017-10-29, 11:07 PM
Call me curious as to how the playground sees me. In POG Spell form

Hypersmith
2017-10-30, 12:37 AM
These threads are fun tbh. I'll return to make a spell for someone I've see around before! Permission if you feel so.

2D8HP
2017-10-30, 06:36 AM
I already have a spell from the last thread:

Well then...

...but curiosity and vanity brings me back!

Asmotherion
2017-10-30, 07:06 AM
I love Dragons, I'm a huge fun of the Warlock Class and my favorite races are Elves, Half-Elves, Dragonborn and Tieflings. I like to play morally grey characters who either have a Dark Past, Dark Calling or sometimes cross the line between good and evil, and then struggle with their own morallity, as this makes my RP more interesting. However I always play characters who are loyal to their friends, even the most Evil ones. I always play casters, and have a neat preferance to Cantrips than other spells, due to the ability to cast them at-will (thus my preferance to Warlock, and Eldritch Blast). I like to be more of a (ranged/spell based) damage dealer than a buff-debuffer, but will happily moonlight as one, as long as I can also fill the rolle of a damage dealer as my main role.

Permission Granted.

2D8HP
2017-10-30, 07:45 AM
Call me curious as to how the playground sees me. In POG Spell form

OXYBE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?41654-oxybe)'s KOZY KAR

3RD-LEVEL EVOCATION (ritual])

Casting Time: 1 minute

Range: Self (10 feet by 6 feet by 6 feet box)

Components: V, S, M (a dozen flasks of oil)

Duration: 6 hours

A 10-feet by 6 feet by 6 feet mobile box of force springs into existence around and above you and remains around you for the duration. The spell ends if you leave its area.

Six creatures of Medium size or smaller can fit inside the box with you. The spell fails if its area includes a larger creature or more than six creatures. Creatures and objects within the box when you cast this spell can move through it freely. All other creatures and objects are barred from passing through it. Spells and other magical effects can’t extend through the box or be cast through it. The atmosphere inside the space is comfortable and dry, regardless of the weather outside. A mellow sounding song, with a deep voiced crooner singing "Lady, Sweet Lady", may be heard at the volume the caster selects.

Until the spell ends, you can command the interior to become dimly lit or dark. The box is opaque from the outside, and presents a two dimensional image of a warrior women riding a dragon, and a loincloth wearing well muscled warrior man brandishing a Great sword with one hand, but the box is transparent from the inside

The box may move at the casters command at running speed or less on land carrying it's passengers.

(or a throwback to that style (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/SericeousBurden/media/vanMural/Bedi_0030.jpg.html))..

thoroughlyS
2017-11-13, 07:12 PM
Pex's Predictive Appraisal
divination cantrip Bard, Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Casting Time: 1 reaction

You are given a brief insight into the potential outcomes of a course of action you are about to undertake. You instantly learn the exact difficulty of an ability check you are making, whether or not you have advantage or disadvantage, and—if so—why. In addition, the DC of the check becomes a specific value, based on its difficulty. If this ability check is made as part of a contest, this spell has no effect on the DC.

Difficulty
DC

Easy

Moderate

Challenging

Difficult

Very Difficult

Nearly Impossible

If you decided to make this ability check, you can choose to not attempt it instead.

Kuulvheysoon
2017-11-13, 08:30 PM
Hells with it. I used to be a lot more active on the 3.5e boards for years, then I had a pretty decent absence, so I don't recognize most of the regulars.

Feel free to spell me up - I'm curious.

Easy_Lee
2017-11-13, 08:56 PM
Hells with it. I used to be a lot more active on the 3.5e boards for years, then I had a pretty decent absence, so I don't recognize most of the regulars.

Feel free to spell me up - I'm curious.

Kuulvheysoon's Star Form
3rd Level Transmutation Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard
Casting Time: 1 Bonus Action
Duration: 3 rounds

For the duration, you are infused with cosmic energy. Your eyes take on a star-like twinkle and your body begins to glow. For the duration, your attacks have advantage and attacks against you have disadvantage. If you deal damage to another creature, the type changes to Radiant. When the effect wears off, your attack rolls have disadvantage and attacks against you have advantage for 3 rounds.

Darokar
2017-11-14, 11:25 AM
Permission granted, my favorite class is paladin and I love using great weapons. I'm fairly creative, but can't stick with something for more than a week. Like, I'll start writing a campaign and lose interest. I love knights and stuff about Medieval Europe. I like supporting my friends when playing d&d, and pulling off creative uses of spells. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Darokar
2017-11-14, 12:26 PM
I love Dragons, I'm a huge fun of the Warlock Class and my favorite races are Elves, Half-Elves, Dragonborn and Tieflings. I like to play morally grey characters who either have a Dark Past, Dark Calling or sometimes cross the line between good and evil, and then struggle with their own morallity, as this makes my RP more interesting. However I always play characters who are loyal to their friends, even the most Evil ones. I always play casters, and have a neat preferance to Cantrips than other spells, due to the ability to cast them at-will (thus my preferance to Warlock, and Eldritch Blast). I like to be more of a (ranged/spell based) damage dealer than a buff-debuffer, but will happily moonlight as one, as long as I can also fill the rolle of a damage dealer as my main role.

Permission Granted.

Asmotherion's Astral Wyrmling
3rd level conjuration Warlock
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (A lizard tail and a bit of alchemist fire)
Duration: 5 rounds + spell casting level

The caster summons a small glowing wyrmling (size small) for 5 turns + their spell casting level. The wyrmling has hitpoints equal to half the casters +5, and can be commanded as a bonus action. It deals 1d8 + your spell casting level damage with its claws and can launch a small ball of pure magic up to 90 feet dealing 1d12 + your spellcasting level magic damage.

Sorry if it isn't very good, this is the first time I've really took time to come up with a spell. It may be really under powered or overpowered, I'm not sure, but I hope you like it!

No brains
2017-12-03, 07:07 PM
I want to repeat my request for a spell because I recently derailed a thread with my name. That's gotta count for somethin'.

Nifft
2017-12-03, 07:33 PM
I want to repeat my request for a spell because I recently derailed a thread with my name. That's gotta count for somethin'.

Nystul's No-Brained Necrotic Novelty
5th-level necromancy

Duration: Concentration (up to 1 minute)

For the duration, your brain is sequestered in an extradimensional space, possibly a necromancy-aspected or negative-aligned demiplane.

While your brain is sequestered, you always succeed on Concentration checks, and you always succeed on Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom saving throws. You gain resistance to necrotic damage, and immunity to conditions that would affect your brain: you can't be charmed, frightened, or stunned.

However, you have Disadvantage on all other Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom checks.

No brains
2017-12-03, 08:53 PM
Nystul's No-Brained Necrotic Novelty
5th-level necromancy

Duration: Concentration (up to 1 minute)

For the duration, your brain is sequestered in an extradimensional space, possibly a necromancy-aspected or negative-aligned demiplane.

While your brain is sequestered, you always succeed on Concentration checks, and you always succeed on Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom saving throws. You gain resistance to necrotic damage, and immunity to conditions that would affect your brain: you can't be charmed, frightened, or stunned.

However, you have Disadvantage on all other Charisma, Intelligence, and Wisdom checks.

:smallbiggrin: Superb! I like that the only concentration check it can really guarantee is its own. Here's to the possibility of future dual-concentration shenanigans!

Nifft
2017-12-03, 09:09 PM
:smallbiggrin: Superb! I like that the only concentration check it can really guarantee is its own. Here's to the possibility of future dual-concentration shenanigans!

That's exactly why it's a "Novelty" :smallcool:

But yeah it could be useful as more than just a save-defense if dual-concentration ever becomes a thing.

Zonugal
2017-12-04, 09:21 AM
I'd be interested in seeing myself reinterpreted into a spell.

In terms of what I have done... In the 3.5 days I wrote the Batman Utility Belt guide as well as the Commoner Handbook. My big thing during those days was making the lowest level characters as strong as possible.

Nowadays I primarily work at adapting pop culture characters (like Star Wars & Marvel heroes) into D&D 5E characters.

Asmotherion
2017-12-04, 09:52 AM
Asmotherion's Astral Wyrmling
3rd level conjuration Warlock
Range: 30 feet
Components: V, S, M (A lizard tail and a bit of alchemist fire)
Duration: 5 rounds + spell casting level

The caster summons a small glowing wyrmling (size small) for 5 turns + their spell casting level. The wyrmling has hitpoints equal to half the casters +5, and can be commanded as a bonus action. It deals 1d8 + your spell casting level damage with its claws and can launch a small ball of pure magic up to 90 feet dealing 1d12 + your spellcasting level magic damage.

Sorry if it isn't very good, this is the first time I've really took time to come up with a spell. It may be really under powered or overpowered, I'm not sure, but I hope you like it!

Actually, it's amazing, thanks XD

Zanthy1
2017-12-04, 10:16 AM
Permission granted

nickl_2000
2017-12-04, 10:27 AM
I'd be interested in seeing myself reinterpreted into a spell.

In terms of what I have done... In the 3.5 days I wrote the Batman Utility Belt guide as well as the Commoner Handbook. My big thing during those days was making the lowest level characters as strong as possible.

Nowadays I primarily work at adapting pop culture characters (like Star Wars & Marvel heroes) into D&D 5E characters.

So here is what I know you most for Zonugal

Zonugal's Marvelous Marvel Maker
6th level Enchantment
Components: V,S,M (an alchemists flask, the small flame, and a hunk of iron)
Duration: 1 minute, requires concentration

The motion of the caster caused a choice of certain effects to appear and impact into the touched creature. The caster may choose one of the following effects
Belted by Gamma Rays (tm) - A swirling light encircles the touched creature, the light impacts and goes through their body lifting them up in the air. For the duration of the spells the creature becomes large sized, gains 1d8 Temp HP per round, A strength of 20, their intelligence reduced to 5, and a greenish tint to their skin. Also, their clothing is ripped to pieces during the transformation, leaving just enough to avoid being called in by the censors.

Invincible Iron - Iron rises out of the earth and forms into a special armor with a glowing magical light inside the chest. For the duration of the spell the creature gains resistance to non-magical damage, a flight speed of 30 ft, and the ability to shoot 3 Eldritch Blasts out of their hands per round. Each time they fire a blast, the light on their chest diminishes. After firing a total of 15 blasts, the light dims to nothingness and the creature loses it's flight speed.

Great Power and Great Responsibility a tiny glowing spider magically drops out of the sky landing on the creature, biting it on it's neck. For the duration of the spell, the creature has the ability to climb walls (as in the spider climb spell), shoot webbing out of their hands (ranged attack 30-60, recharge 5-6, on successful attack the create in restrained. Restraint can be broken with a DC 15 strength check, or it can be cut with a slashing weapon), and creatures attacking the impacted creature are unable to gain advantage on attacks against them.

Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herder - Touched creature gains incredible luck and roguish good looks. For the duration of the spells, the touched creature gains 3 lucky die (per the lucky feat) and a charisma of 18.

Rwwwaagh - Touched creature gains a fur covering for the duration of the spell. They gain the crossbow expert feat and a strength of 18 as well as expertise in athletics and advantage on all grapple checks. Additionally, the gain the use of the mending cantrip that can be cast using a single action (with only a somatic component of hitting the item very hard).

Here you go, hope you like it :smallbiggrin:

the_brazenburn
2017-12-04, 10:38 AM
I very much doubt I have any sort of reputation (at least I hope not) so... sure.

Permission granted.