PDA

View Full Version : What's that spell...?

SangoProduction
2017-10-24, 12:54 PM
I remember reading of a spell that granted a shield bonus, specifically stacking with the Shield spell. It was tied to casting it on your familiar, and fluffed of having your familiar use the shield to defend you. It was so interesting. Does anyone know what the spell is called? I believe it was a 3.5 spell.

Thurbane
2017-10-24, 09:00 PM
Sounds like an interesting spell, but I'm coming up with a blank. Maybe it was in an issue of Dragon, or maybe a 3rd party book or homebrew?

Closest I can find (and none of these are really a match) are Shieldbearer (SC p.188), Spiritual Guardian (CC p.127) or Urban Shield (RoD p.168).

SangoProduction
2017-10-24, 09:20 PM
Sounds like an interesting spell, but I'm coming up with a blank. Maybe it was in an issue of Dragon, or maybe a 3rd party book or homebrew?

Closest I can find (and none of these are really a match) are Shieldbearer (SC p.188), Spiritual Guardian (CC p.127) or Urban Shield (RoD p.168).

I saw it in a book. It was with a bunch of other spells as well, so I assumed it was the spell compendium. But it doesn't seem to be there.

GilesTheCleric
2017-10-24, 09:27 PM

There was a Dragon article (Drag280 63) that had about five spells for familiars, but none involving shields, it looks like.

Shield of Warding, Snake Shield, Storm Shield, Azuth's Spell Shield, Shield of the Archons, Shield of Law, Fire Shield, Holy Fire Shield, Entropic Shield, Shield of Lathander, Spell Shield, Nightshield, Shield of Faith, Vhaeraun's Nightshield, Energized Shield, Shield of Hieroneous, and Channeled Divine Shield are the ones Clerics get, but I don't recall any of those involving familiars.

Thurbane
2017-10-24, 10:18 PM
Here's some familiar related spells, but nothing to do with shields as such: Animate Dead Familiar, Augment Familiar, Elemental Familiar, Enhance Familiar, Familiar Pocket, Familiar Refuge, Fortify Familiar, Imbue Familiar With Spell Ability, Master's Lament, Planar Familiar...

Telonius
2017-10-25, 07:32 AM
There's a Pathfinder thing called Protector (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/familiar/familiar-archetypes/protector-familiar-archetype/)archetype. It sounds like it does exactly what you're describing.