PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 & OotS

Uthrac
2007-08-16, 02:53 PM
The best thing about a 4.0 release?

The Giant will have a whole new resource of gags!

Can't wait to see what he comes up with!!! :smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2007-08-16, 02:57 PM
Interesting point, although I'm not sure it belongs in this forum. Rich drew the change from 3.0 to 3.5 in the first strip, so its possible it might affect OotS. On the other hand, the changes might affect the plot, so it might not be implemented in the comic. That could even be the joke.

:vaarsuvius: I sense that a change is coming.
*wait*
*wait*
*everyone's clothes slightly change*
:belkar: What the hell was that?! I thought we were going to upgrade to 4th edition!
:vaarsuvius: It has seems that we have simply gone through an art update

akumadaimyo
2007-08-16, 02:58 PM
Yeah will they be updated in the strip? If it goes to Saga type rules I know Haley will be ticked cause then everyone can get any skill. No more bad spot rolls for Fighter types anymore. So now Roy will be able to Spot Belkar and others doing things they aren't supposed to be doing.

elliott20
2007-08-16, 02:59 PM
:roy: Hey look, suddenly I can do stuff like this! *does a minotaur charge from the Stone Dragon Discipline*

factotum
2007-08-16, 04:26 PM
Rich specifically said (in Dungeon Crawlin' Fools) that he regretted doing the 3.0->3.5 update jokes in the first strip because they dated it so horribly--people who didn't remember all the changes just wouldn't get any of the jokes. I therefore think it vanishingly unlikely that he'll do a 3.5->4.0 strip.

tannish2
2007-08-16, 07:28 PM
i remember them, and i was still playing second edition (went from 2nd to 3.5) it was funny though, and its not even the specifics that are funny... its the metagaming joke...

Roland St. Jude
2007-08-16, 08:46 PM
Sheriff: This doesn't really belong in this forum.