PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Gambling With Monogrammed Arrows

unseenmage
2017-10-24, 11:13 PM
I had an idea. To craft arrows that are also art objects. Finely carved, embossed, and monogrammed arrows and/or bolts.

The wealthy could buy them then place bets on if the arrow's survives impacting its target (iirc it is 50/50 odds on the DMG) and if the arrow even gets found after. In addition to also gambling on marksmanship and distance etc.

Primarily I envision this taking place during hunts with particularly lucky bloodsoaked arrows being displayed above the mantleplace with their kill.

However, I do not know if one can craft usable arrows without employing craft art or if one can craft increased gp worth art objects with craft weapons.

Would one make 50 arrows then decorate them one by one? This is how I'm envisioning it for now.

Also, just out of curiosity, are there analogues to this idea in the real world?

Raw Q&A post on the craft skills matter. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22507501&postcount=508)

zergling.exe
2017-10-25, 12:08 AM
Ammunition that hits is destroyed or rendered useless, if it misses it's 50/50 of being recoverable:
Ammunition: ...Generally speaking, ammunition that hits its target is destroyed or rendered useless, while normal ammunition that misses has a 50% chance of being destroyed or lost.

'Rendered useless' might allow you to say that the art portion of the ammunition survives but is no longer able to serve as ammunition.

unseenmage
2017-10-25, 12:12 AM
Ammunition that hits is destroyed or rendered useless, if it misses it's 50/50 of being recoverable:

'Rendered useless' might allow you to say that the art portion of the ammunition survives but is no longer able to serve as ammunition.

Broken, but still pretty. I like it. Thank you.