PDA

View Full Version : Carnival mini quest

tedcahill2
2017-10-25, 12:35 PM
One of my players, a changeling, wrote into his back story that he worked for a traveling circus and got into an altercation with the troupes fortune teller/palm reader, accidentally killing him, and decided to continue traveling with the troupe disguised as the fortune teller.

We're getting together for a brief 4 hour game and I want to play of this part of his background for a quick story.

What I have:
The fortune teller he killed was engaged, his character broke up with the fiance, who was also part of the circus troupe, shortly after assuming his appearance. She never lost hope that he'd come around to her again, so she stayed with the circus, and near to him as she could, until one day he (the character) finally left the troupe under the cover of night.

What the player doesn't know:
After he abandoned the circus "his" ex-fiance fell into a deep depression and killed herself. Her twin sister, fueled by the hope she would one day avenge her sister. The twin actually saw him kill the fortune teller, she even knows it was an accident, but when he decided to take the form of fortune teller and broke up with her twin she considered her hands tied. She knew her sister's state of mind was fragile and didn't want to risk causing more harm by outing the character as a changeling fraud.

What's going to happen:
When we last left the game they were headed for a town a decent distance away. They will come to another town where this players old circus troupe is in town. I'm hoping to lure him in by having posters that the fortune teller (the one he killed) is still a head lining act (due to illusory magic from the twin sister). Once at the carnival they will enter the Ezra's Extra Dimensional Fun House (in one way or another).

I need to figure out a series of puzzles or rooms that are contained within this fun house. Any suggestions for some carnival themed games, or fun house puzzles?