PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Porting 3.5 experience costs into Pathfinder

Boggartbae
2017-10-25, 01:23 PM
I was hoping to get an idea for an XP cost to Gold cost ratio for things like Spell Stitched and Awaken Undead that were never brought over into Pathfinder.

I'm leaning towards making the GP cost 5 times the XP cost, but I wanted to know what everyone else thinks a good ratio would be :smallsmile:

zlefin
2017-10-25, 02:52 PM
that sounds like a good ratio to me; it also sounded familiar so I checked the 3.5 srd and found this in the making magic items section:
"In addition, some items cast or replicate spells with costly material components or with XP components. For these items, the market price equals the base price plus an extra price for the spell component costs. Each XP in the component costs adds 5 gp to the market price. The cost to create these items is the magic supplies cost and the base XP cost (both determined by the base price) plus the costs for the components. Descriptions of these items include an entry that gives the total cost of creating the item."

Boggartbae
2017-10-25, 04:11 PM
Oh sweet thank you. I thought I had heard those numbers somewhere, so good to know it's official