PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Assault

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

afroakuma
2017-10-25, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the Imperial Assault campaign! Our players and their characters, to get familiar:

• Blazmo, playing Shyla Varad
• Darkstorm, playing Fenn Signis
• Gralamin, playing Diala Passil
• tigerusthegreat, playing Vinto Hreeda

I assume everyone has read over the Learn to Play (https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/84/fc/84fcff54-eafe-45ec-acf4-538a86e1acfc/imperial_assault_learn_to_play_guide.pdf) guide. It should have covered the basic mechanics of a turn, alternating activations, and most of the symbols you need to understand. I'm happy to entertain questions before we begin.

In terms of how to proceed with your turn, we're going to be following these guidelines:

• In the event that your actions trigger a scripted event, I will consider your actions redacted past the point at which you triggered it - you will have the opportunity to make new choices based on the new information. Important: anything listed after the triggering action will be disregarded, even if you planned to take the same course of action. This is to prevent you feeling committed because you got a particularly good dice roll in your original action.

• Dice rolls can be done in-thread using the [rollv] command. Only rolls with [rollv] are accepted, as I need to see the individual values on the dice. Dice results will be processed left to right following this procedure: for colored dice, BGRY. For monochrome dice, BW. In other words, if you need to roll two red dice and a yellow die and roll 5, 5, 1, this result will be read as 5 Red, 5 Red, 1 Yellow. I would ask that you indicate what your dice roll represents to save a bit of time, by naming your dice pool, e.g. (BG), (BYY), (W). Dice results correspond to the results on this chart (http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/imperial-assault/images/d/d7/Imperial_Assault_Die_Face.png/revision/latest?cb=20150825022932), read with 1 in the leftmost column and 6 in the rightmost.

• Please roll the defenses for enemies you are attacking, one line below your attack roll. I will be doing the same when attacking you. This format is not conducive to waiting for everyone to respond to attacks with a defense check when it can simply be done.

• Make sure your post is fully correct before you make rolls. If you're uncertain, a multi-post is fine. Do not edit or delete posts containing rolls - once they're made, they're made.

• In the case of need for a vote, three votes in either direction shall constitute grounds to proceed.

• Maps will have a basic coordinate system of letters and numbers. Please use these to indicate movement.

Now, some basic information about the game before we begin:

• This is a skirmish-style, objective-based game. Most missions are time-limited, and most of those time limits favor me, not you. If you spend too much time trying to kill every enemy, there is a strong chance that you will be unable to complete your early missions.

• Credits are handed out to the group and spent by the group.

• Doors may be interacted with to open them unless mission rules say otherwise. Mission rules may often lock doors to one or both sides until a condition is met or give them health and defense so they can be destroyed. Opening a door often triggers a mission event.

• Crates may be interacted with to acquire a Supply Card. These are one-use items that can significantly help you during a mission - grenades, medkits, stolen data, valuable goods. Supply Cards do not carry over between missions. Every Crate collected is worth an additional 50 credits at the end of the mission.

• Terminals are objects which tend to unlock mission events or give access to new rules when interacted with. Sometimes terminals are objects to be destroyed.

• Mission tokens may represent any number of things, as defined by the mission briefing. They have no consistent rules and cannot be interacted with unless specifically instructed.

• All cards in the game may be viewed at boardwars.eu via their image database. The Core Box contains most of the materials that we will be using. I will link other materials as necessary.

• At the end of each mission, an Upgrade Stage will take place during which you may spend XP and credits. I will provide a list of items currently available for you to look through for purchase. As you earn credits, I earn Influence, which I may spend on Agendas to cause complications in future missions.

• Periodically, a Side Mission will become available to conduct. You will have two choices of Side Mission; the one that is selected will be the next mission conducted, while the other will be reshuffled into the Side Mission deck. This deck contains one Side Mission pertinent to each of your characters; four Side Missions that give special rewards; and four Side Mission slots which allow you to recruit allies. As a group you will decide on how to fill these slots.

• If you have earned any Allies, you may bring one and only one Ally with you at the start of a mission. If you bring an Ally, I receive Threat points equal to their deployment value, which I may use when permitted to bring more forces to the table.

Any questions, comments, concerns so far?

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-25, 08:00 PM
Will you post a chart decoding for us the forum die roll to the symbol? e.g. a 1 is a single surge on a white die, etc?

afroakuma
2017-10-25, 08:31 PM
Very good point. Annnnnd done!

Gralamin
2017-10-25, 08:42 PM
Mostly sounds good. I plan on doing some variation of the following for anything that isn't in character:

Diala Passil
Health 12/12
Strain 0/5
Injured? No
Conditions None

Moving to A4.
Attack Training drone at A3.

Attack with Plasteel Staff GY: [roll0], surges spent on in order: Stun, Strain Recovery, Damage.
Using Precise Strike to remove a B from the enemy pool, leaving them with W:
W: [roll1]

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 2/5
Injured? No
Conditions None

How should I determine when to use Foresight? Just reply to an attack against me and say "Rerolling W with foresight [roll2]", adjusting the results by what I roll?

Gralamin
2017-10-25, 08:43 PM
...And I apparently screwed up the roll syntax

GY: [roll0]
W [roll1]
Reroll my W defense: [roll2]

afroakuma
2017-10-25, 08:51 PM
How should I determine when to use Foresight? Just reply to an attack against me and say "Rerolling W with foresight [roll2]", adjusting the results by what I roll?

Since it's "while," just let me know after you see the outcome, yeah.

Attention All

You need to select four possible allies for the Side Mission deck. Here is the list of choices.

• Luke Skywalker
• Han Solo
• Chewbacca
• Two Rebel Saboteurs
• Three Rebel Troopers
• C-3PO and R2-D2
• Alliance Smuggler

Gralamin
2017-10-25, 08:54 PM
Attention All

You need to select four possible allies for the Side Mission deck. Here is the list of choices.

I say:

Most want
• C-3PO and R2-D2
• Luke Skywalker
• Three Rebel Troopers
• Chewbacca
• Han Solo
• Two Rebel Saboteurs
• Alliance Smuggler
Least Want

Blazmo
2017-10-26, 02:22 AM
I think I'll borrow Gralamin's format if that's OK. As for which allies I'd like, I'd go for...

Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Two rebel saboteurs
Three rebel troopers

Darkstorm
2017-10-26, 02:51 AM
I would say:

Most want
• Two Rebel Saboteurs
• Luke Skywalker
• Three Rebel Troopers
• C-3PO and R2-D2
• Han Solo
• Chewbacca
• Alliance Smuggler
Least Want

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-26, 06:49 AM
Most
Luke
Han
Chewie
Sabateurs
Smuggler
C3PO and
Three Trooers
Least

Darkstorm
2017-10-26, 07:47 AM
I see three ways of choosing now:

1st: We all get our first pick (as Blasmo and Tigerusthegreat have the same 1st and 2nd pick I'll put them both) so that means: C3PO and R2D2; Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, 2 saboteurs

2nd: We use points and see the overall favourites: 1st choice 4pts, 2nd choice 3pts, 3rd 2pts, 4th 1pt that adds to:
Luke Skywalker 14pts
Two rebel saboteurs 7pts
Han Solo 6pts
C-3PO and R2-D2 5pts
Three Rebel Troopers 5pts
Chewbacca 3pts
That would mean Luke, Saboteur, Han and either C-3PO and R2-D2 or the troopers (mostly the same thing as above)

3rd: the number of times a character appears in the fav 4 of each
Luke Skywalker 4 times
Two rebel saboteurs 3 times
Three Rebel Troopers 3 times
Han Solo 2 times
C-3PO and R2-D2 2 times
Chewbacca 2 times

What do you guys think?

afroakuma
2017-10-26, 09:05 AM
I'm most inclined to use the points option, especially since it seems to give everyone at least their top two choices. I'm willing to hear alternatives.

Blazmo
2017-10-26, 10:17 AM
Same here. I'm all for option #2.

Gralamin
2017-10-26, 10:18 AM
I think I'll borrow Gralamin's format if that's OK. As for which allies I'd like, I'd go for...

That's fine! Points or first favorite either work for me. We have some points inclination ready, so assume this is a vote for that.

Darkstorm
2017-10-26, 11:09 AM
I'm good with any of the options, but option 2 seems more pondered.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-26, 11:36 AM
I'm good with any of the options, but option 2 seems more pondered.

I am fine with anything

afroakuma
2017-10-26, 04:27 PM
Option 2 it will be, then. I'll implement those side missions into the random deck.

If there are no more questions, comments, or concerns before we begin, then I would like to formally welcome you to the game. (https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKxPZyDRLbX6G4sqR6Um)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-26, 05:20 PM
We must investigate and shut down the bacon!

Gralamin
2017-10-27, 12:10 AM
Good crawl, ready to go :D.

Darkstorm
2017-10-27, 12:48 AM
Fenn ready and reporting for duty, sir!

Blazmo
2017-10-27, 10:11 AM
Everything's OK on my end. Ready to go.

afroakuma
2017-10-27, 10:15 AM
Mission I: Aftermath

Arriving at the outpost, you immediately open fire upon the troops standing guard.

You suspect they knew you were coming and that you're likely walking into an ambush, so stay alert. All the same, with the signal continuing to broadcast, there just isn't time for a more subtle approach. The mission objective is what matters, regardless of any bumps and bruises any of you might get in the process.

Mission-Specific Rules

• A Rebel figure can attack a terminal (Health:4, Defense: 1 Block). Apply +1 Block to the terminal's defense result if it is adjacent to 1 or more Imperial figures.
• Doors are locked to Imperial figures.
• The mission ends when all terminals are destroyed, at the end of Round 6, or when all heroes are wounded.

Mission Map (https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic2459706_md.jpg)

Please select your starting locations, which must be on or adjacent to the Entrance marker (blue square token). Please determine which one of you will take the first turn, and begin. To clarify terrain details, as this is our first time looking at a map:

• Terminals are located at C7, F4, G2, J8
• The Entrance marker is at C1
• Loot Crates are at D7, E2, K8
• A Door is between F6-7 and G6-7.

Enemy Data
Imperial Officer (http://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Core-Box/Deployment%20Cards/Imperial/Imperial-Officer_errata_595_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.png)
Probe Droid (http://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Core-Box/Deployment%20Cards/Imperial/Probe%20Droid_595_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpg)
Stormtrooper (http://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Core-Box/Deployment%20Cards/Imperial/Stormtrooper_595_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpg)

Blazmo
2017-10-27, 11:31 AM
Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Deploying at B1

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

I think I should go first as I believe I'm the fastest at 5 speed.

Also, would it be possible to have a larger map? I'm able to see the figures just fine but some of the smaller details are hard to make out.

Darkstorm
2017-10-27, 02:21 PM
I don't have a problem with you going first. Remember Fenn's ability to do blast damage and be careful with your positioning.

Fenn will start at B2.

Gralamin
2017-10-27, 06:47 PM
Starting at C2.

Go ahead, I'm fine with going later.

Blazmo
2017-10-27, 07:54 PM
Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Moving to B3
Attacking stormtrooper in B4
Moving to C3

Attack roll with Duelist's Blade GY: [roll0]
Stormtrooper Defence roll Black: [roll1]
Spending 2 remaining surges on extra damage.

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

I believe that's one stormtrooper down.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-27, 09:28 PM
I will deploy at c1. I am speed 4

afroakuma
2017-10-27, 10:42 PM
Attack roll with Duelist's Blade GY
Stormtrooper Defence roll Black
Spending 2 remaining surges on extra damage.

If I'm not mistaken, you rolled 1 Damage 1 Surge with your Green die and 1 Surge with your Yellow die, and the Stormtrooper rolled 1 Evade with his Black die. That should leave you 1 Damage, 1 Surge, which means a maximum of 2 damage.

Also, I should note some important points regarding Surges. Strain too, come to think of it.

• You can only activate each Surge option once per attack, unless otherwise specified. A weapon with a +1 Damage surge option can only add a total of +1 damage, no matter how many surges you have available.

• Surges may be spent, 1 for 1, to remove Strain. Does not heal actual damage.

• You may take 1 or 2 Strain on your turn to move 1 or 2 spaces. This is not an action.

I'll update the map with a better version tomorrow that reflects Blazmo's turn as well as my own. Had a long and exhausting day today.

Finally, since this could be important: Declare Surges and other post-roll modifications in a second post, do not edit any post with a roll in it. GitP's syntax is finicky and it's easier for me to break down what you're doing anyway.

Blazmo
2017-10-28, 08:18 AM
I think I might be misunderstanding something here, but I rolled a 5 on my yellow die which looks like it has the result of a surge symbol with the number 2 to the right of it, according to the die chart in the OP. Doesn't that mean I got 2 surges with that die roll? If not, what does the number mean? Also, confirming that I spend the extra surge on damage.

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 09:25 AM
Aha, I see. A number on a die means Accuracy. Individual symbols mark out anything else. That result means "+2 Accuracy, 1 Surge." Accuracy isn't relevant for melee attacks.

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 10:49 AM
Alright! Stormtroopers doing it in style.

Shooting Fenn Signis (BG) [roll0] • Reroll A if needed
Shooting Fenn Signis (BG) [roll1] • Reroll B if needed
Shooting Fenn Signis (BG) [roll2] • Reroll C if needed

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 10:50 AM
And then I go and forget Fenn's defense dice. I'm so smart.

Fenn defenses (BBB, match to attacks in order) [roll0]

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 10:52 AM
:smallsigh:

And then, the 60-second post window eats the roll registration.

Fenn's defenses, as above: [roll0]

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 10:55 AM
Reroll A (B) to see if I can turn 1 damage into 2... [roll0]
Reroll B (G) to find some damage, hopefully... [roll1]
Not using Reroll C, that was a good roll.

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 11:02 AM
Fenn takes 1 damage from the first attack (3 + surge for 1 - 3 block)
Fenn takes 2 damage from the second attack (3 - 1 block)
Fenn takes 3 damage from the third attack (4 - 1 block)

Fenn Signis takes 6 damage total.

That's my turn. Stormtroopers are exhausted.

Rebel Turn (https://i.imgur.com/f6S6Ixq.jpg)

Darkstorm
2017-10-28, 11:48 AM
Fenn cringes his teeth as the blaster fire rolls next to him leaving him gasping with pain.

He unlocks the safety of his rifle and puts in autofire unleashing a stream of bolts towards the stormtroopers, hoping to add a new set of killing marks on the side of his helmet.

Fenn turn
First action: take 1 strain and use havoc shot
[roll0]

Stormie defense die
Black: [roll1]

Darkstorm
2017-10-28, 11:54 AM
The middle stormtrooper falls dead, and the other two are injured. Smiling Fenn takes a step and shoots again, now trying to clear the way for the other to enter and clear the mission.

Fenn
Strain move: to A2
Second action: Shoot Stormtrooper in A4
BG [roll0]
Defense: [roll1]

Darkstorm
2017-10-28, 11:58 AM
The attacks strinkes leaving a scorch mark in the white armor of the trooper.

Fenn:
Use Surge to extra damage leaving 3 damage, 2 soaked

As Fenn is alone he regain one strain marker:
Health: 6/12
Strain: 1/4

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 12:27 PM
The Officer advances, attempting to bring down Fenn.

(BY)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 12:33 PM
Fenn takes 2 damage from a surprisingly good shot, and the Officer becomes Focused.

Focused Condition: On your next attribute check or attack roll, add a green die to your pool. Then discard this condition.

You Rebel Scum (https://i.imgur.com/Y90ICnt.jpg) may take your next turn.

Gralamin
2017-10-28, 12:40 PM
tigerusthegreat: You want the next go, or should I? (I realized I just PMed you this instead of posting it in the thread when I could).

Gralamin
2017-10-28, 04:56 PM
Based on no reply, taking my turn

Diala sees the officer round the corner, and runs past the stormtroopers to take him down. "I've got the Boss!"

Diala Passil
Health 12/12
Strain 0/5
Injured? No
Conditions None

Moving C2 -> B3 -> B4 -> C5 (Between stormtrooper and prope droid).
Attack The officer, using Precise strike to remove his only defense die.

Attack with Plasteel Staff GY: [roll0], surges will be spent in next post.

Gralamin
2017-10-28, 04:58 PM
Green was: Damage, Surge, Acc 1
Yellow was: Damage, Acc 2

So that surge goes to +1 damage, taking out the officer.

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 2/5
Injured? No
Conditions None

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 05:01 PM
The Officer keels over, and a Probe Droid floats into your midst. "Wowowowowowowoowowowowowowowo..."

Firing at Fenn Signis

(BYY) [roll0]
(B) [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 05:06 PM
That was a good roll, let's see here...

4 damage, 2 surges, against 1 block. Spending surge on damage, surge on Pierce 1 to bypass that block.

Fenn takes 5 damage. Fenn is now Wounded and uses the stats on the Wounded side of his player card (displayed on map). If the other three Rebels are wounded, the mission ends in Imperial victory.

Vinto Hreeda, you're up. (https://i.imgur.com/WQGgY7t.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 06:10 PM
Vinto whips out his blaster and quickly feathers the trigger at the probe droid (range 2).

Stats:

Vinto Hreeda, Reckless Vigilante
Damage: 0/11
Strain: 0/4
Speed: 4
Unwounded

Rolls:

Vinto attack1 vs Probe Droid [roll0] Reroll from Hair Trigger Pistol [roll1]
Defense roll from Probe Droid: [roll2]

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 06:16 PM
Assuming I am reading this correctly, that makes my rolls (using the first set, since that was better) 2 wounds, 1 surge and 4 total accuracy against a probe droid's defense roll of 3 block, which negates my whole attack.

Vinto fires off another blast from his pistol, trying to get through the probe droid's armor.

Stats:

Unwounded

Rolls:

Vinto attack1 vs Probe Droid [roll0] Reroll from Hair Trigger Pistol [roll1]
Defense roll from Probe Droid: [roll2]

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 06:16 PM
In the future, please do rerolls in a follow-up post. Choosing between two rolls is a distinct advantage and not what the game intends to support.

Round End

All exhausted abilities refresh. Imperial Player receives 2 Threat, spends on optional deployment. End of round triggers take place. Probe Droid does not self-destruct.

Yes, this is an early warning that I can spawn new Probe Droids and immediately blow them up if I so choose. :smalltongue:

Another Stormtrooper rushes in from the forest to defend the terminal.

Round 2

Better get a move on. Rebel turn. (https://i.imgur.com/HeYLuY7.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 06:21 PM
Again, assuming I am reading this correctly, using the first set of 5, 6 gives me 3 total wounds and 6 total accuracy against 1 block, resulting in 2 wounds for the probe droid (3 health left). I will also use my Boltslinger ability to deal 1 damage to the trooper on A4.

I will also use 1 Strain to move to D2. (Question: since I had an unused Surge from the first attack, could I use it to recover this strain, even though I moved after the attack?)

Stats:

Unwounded

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 06:25 PM
Again, assuming I am reading this correctly, using the first set of 5, 6 gives me 3 total wounds and 6 total accuracy against 1 block, resulting in 2 wounds for the probe droid (3 health left). I will also use my Boltslinger ability to deal 1 damage to the trooper on A4.

I will also use 1 Strain to move to D2. (Question: since I had an unused Surge from the first attack, could I use it to recover this strain, even though I moved after the attack?)

Boltslinger cannot be used on any target as you do not have line of sight. You cannot use expired Surges to remove Strain incurred after the attack in which they were earned. We'll say for the sake of introductory allowances that you chose to move prior to your first attack, as you don't lose your angle on the Probe Droid and it changes nothing for Boltslinger.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 06:26 PM
Boltslinger cannot be used on any target as you do not have line of sight. You cannot use expired Surges to remove Strain incurred after the attack in which they were earned.

Is the Probe Droid what is blocking my Line of Sight? Followup: Can I use Thread the Needle to gain line of sight for Boltslinger? (I do not want to do this this round, just curious).

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 06:29 PM
Is the Probe Droid what is blocking my Line of Sight?

And Fenn, yes. Line of sight requires that you be able to draw uninterrupted, non-overlapping lines from any one corner of your square to any two corners of the target's square. Figures block line of sight.

Followup: Can I use Thread the Needle to gain line of sight for Boltslinger? (I do not want to do this this round, just curious).

No. Boltslinger is not an attack.

In the future, please do rerolls in a follow-up post. Choosing between two rolls is a distinct advantage and not what the game intends to support. Thanks! :smallsmile:

Round End

All exhausted abilities refresh. Imperial Player receives 2 Threat, spends on optional deployment. End of round triggers take place. Probe Droid does not self-destruct.

Yes, this is an early warning that I can spawn new Probe Droids and immediately blow them up if I so choose. :smalltongue:

Another Stormtrooper rushes in from the forest to defend the terminal.

Round 2

Better get a move on. Rebel turn. (https://i.imgur.com/7EaH8rF.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 06:32 PM
Thread the needle specifies that for this activation, not the attack. That's why I was curious.

I will specify rerolls in the future.

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 06:35 PM
Thread the needle specifies that for this activation, not the attack. That's why I was curious.

Tsk, misread. Good catch. Does apply then.

I will specify rerolls in the future.

Yeah, just do your initial rolls, and make appropriate rerolls in a subsequent post if needed. S'all good.

Anyone want to take first turn? Not take first turn? You have 5 rounds remaining, counting this one, to destroy those terminals.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 08:22 PM
(Since I'm online, I may as well just go first in this round).

Vinto continues his blaster fire against the probe droid, electing to use his pinpoint skills to try to hit the stormtrooper behind it as well.

Stats:

Unwounded

Rolls/Actions:

Using Thread the Needle (1 Strain)

Attack 1 against Probe Droid [roll0]
Droid Defense [roll1]

Attack 2 against Probe Droid (or Stormtrooper at A4 if probe droid dies) [roll2]
Droid (or trooper) defense [roll3]

If I get any wounds on the Droid, I will use my Boltslinger to hit the Trooper.

No Movement.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 08:23 PM
Rerolling the first die on the first attack only [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 08:26 PM
Results:
First attack hits the Probe Droid (needs 2 accuracy) 3 wounds 5 accuracy vs 2 block means 1 damage for the droid and 1 damage from boltslinger for the trooper on A4 (I think this kills him)

Second attack misses because the Droid is lucky. However, I'll use the surge to recover a strain.

Stats:

Unwounded

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 08:50 PM
Just so you're aware, you can't reroll just one die with that weapon. Your choice is all or none. I rolled a die manually to see whether the yellow would have meaningfully changed and it did not, so I'll accept the reroll.

• Reroll each or any number: choose one or more, reroll as desired.
• Reroll all: choose to reroll all of these dice or none of them.

Also it's worth me telling everybody that when you use rerolls, each die can only be rerolled once no matter how many pertinent abilities you have access to.

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 08:59 PM
The Probe Droid detects the vector of Vinto's attack and focuses fire on him.

Show of Force: Probe Droid becomes Focused.

(BGYY) [roll0]
(W) [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 09:03 PM
Vinto takes 3 damage. The Probe Droid recovers 1 damage.

Rebels' Turn (https://i.imgur.com/nHBESkY.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 09:06 PM
Just so you're aware, you can't reroll just one die with that weapon. Your choice is all or none. I rolled a die manually to see whether the yellow would have meaningfully changed and it did not, so I'll accept the reroll.

• Reroll each or any number: choose one or more, reroll as desired.
• Reroll all: choose to reroll all of these dice or none of them.

Also it's worth me telling everybody that when you use rerolls, each die can only be rerolled once no matter how many pertinent abilities you have access to.

One of these days I wil get the rules right.

Also, Ouch! Stupid droid. Someone kill it.

Stats:

Damage: 3/11
Unwounded

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-28, 09:10 PM
Wait, I think I screwed that up. The droid rolled a 6 on the black die, which is a Evade, not a Dodge. That means I would have done 2 damage and 1 surge, but the evade negates the surge. That means I'd still have 1 strain, but would have done 2 extra damage and killed the droid I think.

Gralamin
2017-10-28, 09:14 PM
Taking my turn just before I head out to a party.

Diala will attack the storm trooper beside her to begin with.

Diala Passil
Health 12/12
Strain 2/5
Injured? No
Conditions None

Attack The stormtrooper beside me (C4)

Attack with Plasteel Staff GY: [roll0], surges will be spent in next post
Block (B): [roll1]

Gralamin
2017-10-28, 09:17 PM
Green was: Damage, damage, Acc 1
Yellow was: surge
Defense was block one.

So that surge goes to +1 damage, taking out the trooper I attacked.

Strain move 1 to the container, and open the container to get an item.

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 3/5
Injured? No
Conditions None

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 09:37 PM
Diala finds a Pit Droid in the Loot Crate. The Pit Droid has no useful actions to perform presently, so I'm leaving it in Diala's space.

Companion Rules
• Companions activate at the start or end of their owner's activation.
• Companions do not count as figures for calculating movement cost or line of sight. Other figures may end their movement in a companion's space, and vice versa.

The Stormtrooper fires a shot at Shyla before moving to the more covered side of the terminal.

(BG) [roll0]
(B) [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-28, 09:40 PM
Shyla barely notices the glancing shot.

You're up, Rebels. I have no more forces to activate presently. (https://i.imgur.com/99FlX6N.jpg)

Blazmo
2017-10-29, 12:21 AM
Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Moving to C6
Attacking stormtrooper in D7

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Shyla breaks from cover and rushes to engage the stormtrooper in melee, weaving her way towards him before bringing her blade around in a keening arc accompanied by a war cry.

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 01:53 AM
The final defender is cut down. Shyla should note that her health is 11/12, as she took a minor hit from a Stormtrooper.

Fenn, the round is yours to conclude. (https://i.imgur.com/BdfFrNW.jpg)

Darkstorm
2017-10-29, 05:34 AM
Fenn grasps his leg as the hit from the officer left a wound. That would be fixed in time, but for now the mission. Always the mission first.

Two strain move to A 4

Fire at console [roll0]

I interpret that the console has a fixed block 1, not a die. If it isnt so please say.

Darkstorm
2017-10-29, 05:36 AM
That makes 2 hits, 1 surge - that becomes another hit for a total of 2 damage.

He attacks again: [roll0]

Darkstorm
2017-10-29, 05:38 AM
That means 3 hits and a surge another 2 damage, destroying it and use the surge to recover one strain.

Fenn:
Health 12/12
Wounded
Strain 2/3

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 09:00 AM
I interpret that the console has a fixed block 1, not a die.

That is accurate.

The terminal explodes.

Round End

Earning 2 Threat, spending none.

Round 3 begins. Your move, Rebels. (https://i.imgur.com/2lC3yUP.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-29, 09:43 AM
Vinto takes off in a run, moving down through the atrium door before taking aim at the console and firing.

Actions/Rolls:

Move: c3, b4, c5, d6, e7, f7 (2 strain)
Attack Console [roll0]

Stats:

Strain: 2/4
Unwounded

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-29, 09:45 AM
Going to reroll [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-29, 09:47 AM
1 and 2 means 3 surge and 2 accuracy and 1 damage. Using 1 sure for accuracy and 1 surge for damage means i get my 4 needed accuracy and deal 1 damage after soak to the terminal.

Using last surge to recover 1 strain.

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 10:01 AM
You can't do that. The door is closed. You need to interact with it to open it.

I'll assume Vinto's turn hasn't been taken yet, anyone can still take their turn.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-29, 10:19 AM
Revised Actions

Vinto takes off in a run, moving down through the atrium door before slamming the door's activation panel to open it for the rest of the team.

Actions/Rolls:

Move: c3, b4, c5, d6, e7, f7 (2 strain)
Open Door

Stats:

Unwounded

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 10:33 AM
"They're here!" the Imperial forces shout as they scramble their defenses. "Keep them away from the transmitters!"

There's a crackle from your comlink. "Imperial forces on approach!" your pilot contacts you from your transport, now circling overhead. "The place is going to be crawling with them soon, so get the job done quick!"

The emplacement weapon engineer (E-Web Engineer) is already Focused on the doorway. He shoots on Vinto immediately.

First attack (BGRY) [roll0], Focus breaks
First dodge (W) [roll1]
Second attack (BRY) 3d6]
First dodge (W) [roll2]

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 10:38 AM
The first blast from the cannon doles out a vicious hit to Vinto, but the sharp-eyed Rodian is already twisting to avoid the second bolt.

7 damage to Vinto.

Rebels, you're up (https://i.imgur.com/mqGmzob.jpg)

Darkstorm
2017-10-29, 10:43 AM
From D5 Fenn has LOS to fire at the E-web?

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 10:56 AM
One corner to two, yes indeed. You'd need 7 Accuracy.

Darkstorm
2017-10-29, 11:22 AM
Fenn looks at the imperial E-web and thinks We have to get rid of that ASAP. Or else we're all toast.

He moves towards it and shoots.

Fenn
Move to D5
Fire at E-Web
[roll0]
If Fenn hits here is the E-web defense
[roll1]

Darkstorm
2017-10-29, 11:24 AM
Fenn misses (he had around 60%+ to hit using a surge) but uses the two surges to become with 0 strain.

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 11:37 AM
Alright, handling the Stormtroopers one at a time to take out Vinto.

1st one (BG) [roll0]
(W) [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 11:39 AM
Vinto is Wounded. Two down, two to go. :smallamused:

Coming for Diala next:

(BG) [roll0]
(W) [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 12:04 PM
We need some sort of rubric for running Foresight :smallyuk:

For the moment, I'll assume that Gral's math skills would tell him he has a 66% chance of turning 2 damage into 0, so..

Foresight: (W) [roll0]

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 12:06 PM
Hmph, unfortunate. Ah well.

Final Stormtrooper advances, shoots, retreats:

(BG) [roll0]
(W) [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 12:08 PM
Rerolling the blue, assuming my overeager reroll didn't get broken by the patience gate: [roll0]

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 12:11 PM
No difference, then. Diala takes 2 damage total. Stormtroopers fall back to position.

♪ All the violent ladies, all the violent ladies... (https://i.imgur.com/YzzL38J.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-29, 12:24 PM
Ow. I like to think of this as a learning experience. i.e. don't go running for the door

Gralamin
2017-10-29, 03:04 PM
Hmm, I need to prioritize not being wounded here, despite the time limits. So...

Diala takes a second to rest herself "We are running out of time! I'll head for the other consoles!"

Diala Passil

Health 10/12
Strain 4/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions Pit droid

Rest (strain -> 0, Health to 11/12)
Move straight to H6

After Action
Health 11/12
Strain 0/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions Pit droid

Gralamin
2017-10-29, 04:50 PM
I was asked to post a heuristic for Foresight so:

If I have less then 4 strain then use it if:
* If It has at least a 50% chance of stopping at least 2 damage (EG, at least 3 results are better then what I have)
* If It would wound me, might as well use it

If I have 4 strain, then use if and only if it would wound me.

I think that will be close enough.

Gralamin
2017-10-29, 05:05 PM
Pit Droids turn

The Pit droid takes two moves to get to H8.

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 05:40 PM
The Imperial Officer steps out to scout a target, fires, and retreats.

Show of Force: Focused

(BGY) [roll0]
(W) [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-29, 05:42 PM
Tsk, lucky.

Shyla Varad, bring it home. (https://i.imgur.com/SYgifjH.jpg)

Blazmo
2017-10-30, 10:15 AM
Apologies for the delay, had a busy evening yesterday.

Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Moving twice to K6

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Shyla bears down on the E-web with murderous intent in her eyes, though she is too worn-out to do much other than ready herself when she manages to get near enough to strike.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 10:42 AM
Round 3 End

• At the end of the round in which the door opens for the first time:

"Close the blast doors!" the Imperial officer shouts, and a massive bulkhead seals the Atrium off from the outside.

A Door has been added (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF5jyuX6Gyg) between F6-7 and G6-7. Rebels can attack this door (Health: 8, Defense: 1 black die).

Earning 2 Threat, spending 3 to deploy a Probe Droid.

Round 4 Begins (https://i.imgur.com/3eLstEi.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-30, 11:11 AM
I know i cant quickly kill the eweb....maybe Shyla or Diala can kill it?

Does a console count as a hostile figure for boltslinger?

Blazmo
2017-10-30, 11:39 AM
Going to try and take out that e-web.

Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Attacking E-Web in K-L7

E-Web Defence roll Black: [roll1]

Attacking E-Web in K-L7

Attack roll with Duelist's Blade GY: [roll2]
E-Web Defence roll Black: [roll3]

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Shyla lays into the e-web gunner with reckless abandon, shrieking as she relentlessly assaults him.

Blazmo
2017-10-30, 11:43 AM
Spending Surge in first attack on Pierce 1.

Spending Surge in second attack on extra damage.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 11:54 AM
Does a console count as a hostile figure for boltslinger?

Nyet. It's an object.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 11:59 AM
The E-Web Engineer swivels his weapon and fires at Shyla Varad.

Show of Force Focused

(BGRY) [roll0]
(B) [roll1]

(BRY) [roll2]
(B) [roll3]

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 12:04 PM
Shyla takes a nasty cannon blast to the abdomen and a second serious hit to the leg. The E-Web has gained back some ground from her strike.

Shyla Varad: 8 damage
E-Web Engineer recovers 2 health

Rebel Turn (https://i.imgur.com/Vn1RoM9.jpg)

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 12:09 PM
Trying to figure out if I have anywhere I can stand where I can stop Shyla from dying. I'm not sure this mission is winnable at this point though...

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 12:16 PM
Diala moves to block as many shots on Shyla as possible, "This isn't going well guys!"

Diala Passil

Health 11/12
Strain 0/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions Pit droid

Pit Droid will Move to J7. While he doesn't block Line of sight, he will make it slightly harder to get a lot of shots off.
Pit Droid will pick up the crate
Strain move 2 to J6
Interact with the pit droid crate to get an item.

Last action will be determined once I figure out what I got.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 12:20 PM
Valuable Goods - worth 100 credits at the end of the mission.

"Surrender is a perfectly acceptable alternative in extreme circumstances..." - C-3PO

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 12:23 PM
Assuming I don't get like a grenade, last action is to attack the terminal (using Reach!)

Plasteel Staff: GY [roll0]
2 block is applied.

Surge will be declared next post.

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 12:24 PM
Will use the Surge to deal one damage to the terminal.

After Action
Health 11/12
Strain 2/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions Pit droid

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 12:38 PM
Probably the best thing you could have done.

Imperial Officer orders a stormtrooper to move and then shoots at Diala.

(BY)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 12:40 PM
Surge for sufficient accuracy, and that's 2 damage.

Boys, door time (https://i.imgur.com/c4Ycapc.jpg)

Darkstorm
2017-10-30, 01:14 PM
Here goes nothing Fenn thinks, as he approahes the door and fires.

2 strain move to F6
Double attack
damage [roll0]
Defense [roll1]

damage [roll2]
Defense [roll3]

Darkstorm
2017-10-30, 01:18 PM
That's 2 damage from the first attack and 2 more from the second attack. Not even a surge!

Fenn
Health 12/12
Strain 2/3

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 01:28 PM
Alright, Stormtrooper time. Looks like I can get my rerolls...

On Shyla: (BG)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 01:29 PM
Rerolling blue: [roll0]

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 01:31 PM
NExt one, also Shyla

(BG)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 01:33 PM
That'll wound her. Diala, you're up:

(BG)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 01:34 PM
Per your heuristic:

(W) [roll0]

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 01:37 PM
Diala gets good and shot.

Vinto, to you (https://i.imgur.com/e9H4Ecx.jpg)

I legitimately do not believe you can win this mission at this point. I'm willing to play it out and be mistaken, but if you'd rather surrender, let me know and we can roll forward.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-30, 02:06 PM
Mechamically what does surrendering do for us? Obviously end the mission in failure.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 02:08 PM
Fail the mission, which means I win, and we can move on to the status phase - spend XP and credits, choose next mission, get set to continue. Basically just expedites things.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-30, 02:12 PM
Since i am stuck on the outside of a blast door i can't blow open in one turn, and we are down to one unwounded player, I vote surrender/retreat

I would like to know what we could have done better/different.

Blazmo
2017-10-30, 02:20 PM
Ouch, yeah I think surrender is more or less the only viable option we have left at this point.

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 02:21 PM
We should at least try to get the last container for extra money, IMO. But if majority rules otherwise, surrender.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 02:36 PM
I'm willing to cede the 50 credit reward for the final container. Fair?

Darkstorm
2017-10-30, 02:43 PM
Fair. Let's move on then!

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 02:48 PM
Alright then.

Imperial Victory
Imperial soldiers pour out of the forest on all sides; the beacon has done its job, and you have to run. With so many of the Imperial survivors getting organized, Rebel ground troops are going to have their hands full.

The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.

End of Mission

Each player receives 1 XP. The Rebels receive 400 credits. The Imperial player receives 1 Influence.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 03:08 PM
Rebel Command has asked your team to head to the Mandalore sector to support efforts there, feeling Shyla Varad's familarity will help the cause. While you know of a mission in need of support on Ordo, Shyla has a personal agenda she's been dwelling on for some time, and Mandalore is right there...

The following side missions are available. Choose one; the other will be reshuffled into the side mission deck.

http://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Ally-and-Villain-Packs/Wave-2/R2-D2%20and%20C-3PO/Side%20Mission/Open%20To%20Interpretation_595_ffflogog_whatermark _cc.jpghttp://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Expansion-Boxes/Jabbas-Realm/Side%20Missions/Red/Born%20from%20Death_595_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpg

Here are your item purchase options. The party has earned 400 credits from the mission, plus 300 for loot seized in the course of the mission.

http://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Expansion-Boxes/Twin-Shadows/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/Tatooine%20Huntung%20Rifle_275_thumb_ffflogog_what ermark_cc.jpghttp://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Core-Box/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/E-11_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpghttp://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Expansion-Boxes/Heart-of-the-Empire/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/Charge%20Pistol_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.j pghttp://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Core-Box/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/Armored%20Gauntlets_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_ cc.jpg
http://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Expansion-Boxes/Return-to-Hoth/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/Under-Barrel%20HH-4_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpghttp://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Expansion-Boxes/Return-to-Hoth/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/DDC%20Defender_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jp ghttp://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Expansion-Boxes/Jabbas-Realm/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/Bacta%20Pump_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpgh ttp://cards.boardwars.eu/cache/Core-Box/Rebel%20Upgrades/Tier%201/Combat%20Coat_275_thumb_ffflogog_whatermark_cc.jpg

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 03:12 PM
I would like to know what we could have done better/different.

Partly you just got screwed by that door coming down and splitting your ranged attackers from your melee fighters, to say nothing of isolating my two priority targets with a whole bunch of new enemies. It's a very very difficult first mission, stressing the need to focus on objectives and support one another. Nevertheless, this is only the beginning - the game is calibrated to make the next story mission more challenging for the side that won this one, so you're going in with a slight advantage.

Darkstorm
2017-10-30, 03:31 PM
Fenn would greatly benefit from the E11 and the underbarrel mod. But that's the whole 700 creds... But if anyone has other ideas, I believe the underbarrel is important.

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 03:34 PM
Mission: Born from Death

Let's try to buff our Mandalorian!

Items
I suggest I get the Bacta Tank, since I seem to be using a LOT of strain. I'm also planning on grabbing 'Force Adept', which can let me help you guys reroll a single die. Unless anyone thinks a weapon upgrade would help them more. The armor also looks pretty tempting for similar reasons.

XP
Force Adept, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 03:34 PM
Regarding Items

• Each Hero may carry two weapons, one armor, and three accessories
• Modifications do not count against this total. Each weapon has its modification slots located in the lower right hand corner.
• A weapon cannot have more than one modification of the same type.
• You may sell items for half their cost. Items without a listed cost sell for 50 credits.

Note on the Charge Pistol: the second surge ability gives you a damage power token, effectively 1 point of "banked" damage which you may spend on a later attack. A Hero can hold only two power tokens at a time and can spend only one per attack.

Blazmo
2017-10-30, 05:33 PM
I would like to go for the Born from Death mission. I will spend the XP on all-out attack and I'm OK with foregoing any items just yet as it seems like a lot of people want something.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 05:52 PM
Just to advise, XP does not have to be spent; it can be banked. That said, 1XP abilities tend to be pretty good.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-30, 06:17 PM
Being an utter noob at this, is there an order that the dice are in in terms of 'goodness' for weapons? Red dice seem the best for damage (but have no accuracy) and after that maybe Blue, Green, Yellow in order?

I'm good without additional equipment atm (though that combat coat looks sexy)

Also, I'll be buying Pinpoint Shot with my xp. Am I correct in thinking that it basically removes all symbols from both attack and block die rolls, but I still have to get enough accuracy, and effectively it will mean I deal 1 damage if I use it?

I vote for Born From Death. Let's kill us some Deathwatch.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 06:58 PM
Being an utter noob at this, is there an order that the dice are in in terms of 'goodness' for weapons? Red dice seem the best for damage (but have no accuracy) and after that maybe Blue, Green, Yellow in order?

It depends on what synergizes with you. Red is excellent for melee (and often seen on stronger melee weapons) because it has literally no accuracy. Blue is best for range. Green is a solid all-round die. Yellow is surge-heavy and the only die with double-surge as a possible result (though still only 1 in 6). There's no "best" or "worst" die unless you know the particulars of what you're looking for. Want to use surges more? Yellow. Consistent value? Green. Top-flight range? Blue. All damage all the time? Red.

Also, I'll be buying Pinpoint Shot with my xp. Am I correct in thinking that it basically removes all symbols from both attack and block die rolls, but I still have to get enough accuracy, and effectively it will mean I deal 1 damage if I use it?

Yes indeed.

Alright, so it looks like we have a majority vote for Born From Death, and Fenn wants the Under-Barrel while Diala wants the Bacta Reacta, and both Shyla and Vinto are passing on items for now.

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 07:05 PM
With that understanding in mind, and feel free to correct me, we'll do the accounting:

Rebel Credits

Imperial Influence

afroakuma
2017-10-30, 07:28 PM
Mission II: Born From Death

You drop down from your shuttle outside the base and are immediately met with blaster fire. Shyla curses under her breath: "It was a trap, they knew we were coming."

Your pilot comes in on your comlink: "It seems this is a little hotter than we were expecting. I should be able to scramble the doors and get you guys in soon, but you'll have to hold your own for a while. Light 'em up, Shyla."

Mission-Specific Rules

• Doors are locked.
• The mission will progress at the end of round 2. The mission ends at the end of round 6 or when all heroes are wounded.

Mission Map (https://i.imgur.com/fOjlGAa.jpg)

Claim your positions on or adjacent to the entrance token, let me know if there are any issues with XP spend/items, and then we'll begin with a Rebel's turn first.

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 08:00 PM
Start at H2

Force Adept heuristics: Anyone may claim a reroll of one die on an attack a round from Force adept, so long as I am at < 4 strain. Please use it only if you think it will make a significant difference, so we can leave it open for others. If I'm at 0 strain (like right now), I'm fine with giving out 2 rerolls.

Attack Die Rerolls available (from Force Adept): 2

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-30, 08:10 PM
Deploy at H1

Gralamin
2017-10-30, 08:34 PM
I forgot to specify: I would like to go third or fourth, again. Others, feel free to take the lead.

Darkstorm
2017-10-31, 07:48 AM
Fenn will use his Xp to buy Tactical Movement.

He will deploy at G2

Blazmo
2017-10-31, 08:27 AM
Deploy at F2.

Gralamin
2017-10-31, 11:18 AM
It looks like we just need one of us to take the first turn. As noted I would like to go third or fourth.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-31, 11:50 AM
I will start.

Vinto pokes his head out, letting out a spray of blasterfire before retreating back behind

Stats:

Unwounded

Actions/Rolls

Taking 2 strain to move to I2 then back to H1 aftwr attacks.

Attack 1 vs K6 trooper [roll0]
Trooper defense roll [roll1]

Attack 2 vs k6 trooper (or k3 trooper if i kill k6) [roll2]
Trooper defense roll [roll3]

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-31, 11:55 AM
Rerolling attack 2 [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-31, 11:59 AM
Pretty much same with reroll

Attack 1: 1 damage, 2 surge, 5 range vs 1 (thing that negates a surge) and 4 needed range. Using 1 surge remaining for damage, 2 damage to trooper at k6

Using Boltslinger to deal 1 damage to K3.

Attack 2: 2 surge, 4 range vs 1 (thing that negates surge) and 4 needed range. Using 1 remaining surge for damage, 1 damage to trooper (3 total damage, trooper dies)

Using Boltslinger to deal 1 damage to K3.

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 03:26 PM
Alrighty, Strike Force Jet Troopers, do your thing!

Against Diala: (BG)[roll0]
(W)[rolllv]1d6[/rollv]

Against Shyla: (BG)[roll1]
(B)[rolllv]1d6[/rollv]

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 03:30 PM
:smallsigh: (W)[roll0], (B)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 03:33 PM
Alright well Diala eats 2 damage, heuristic's orders. Shyla... I have rerolls but they're utterly inconsequential, so she gets off free. The Jet Troopers use their mobility to hide.

Rebel turn (https://i.imgur.com/2DC3mD7.jpg)

Reminder: squares outlined in blue are difficult terrain and require 2 movement points to enter. Figures with Mobile (including Jet Troopers and Probe Droids) ignore this penalty.

Blazmo
2017-10-31, 04:22 PM
I'll go next.

Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Moving to C5

Attacking Stormtrooper in B4 while using Duellist Blade's third ability, which replaces the yellow die with a red one.

Attack roll with Duelist's Blade GR: [roll0]

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Shyla ignores the jet troopers for now, and goes searching for the nearest enemy she can get her hands on. She manages to sneak up on a stormtrooper and lets loose a savage cry as she swings for all she's worth at him.

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 04:45 PM
Stormtrooper time! Shyla has volunteered to eat some laser.

(BG)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

(BG)[roll2]
(B)[roll3]

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 04:46 PM
Rerolling green die from first shot: (G)[roll0]

Let's see here...

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 04:50 PM
Well then. Shyla has a seven-course meal of pain.

Diala or Fenn, take it away! (https://i.imgur.com/8gIydk5.jpg)

*note: Shyla's seven damage is marked on my copy, you'll see it next update. Unless I wound her first! :smallamused:

Darkstorm
2017-10-31, 04:59 PM
Trying to protect the mandalorian warrior, Fenn moves towards the Probe droids.

Fenn uses his Tactical movement and 2 strain points to get to I4.

Fire at the probe droid at G6.
[roll0]
Def: [roll1]

Darkstorm
2017-10-31, 05:01 PM
Surge in extra damage for two damage.

Another one:

[roll0]
Def: [roll1]

Darkstorm
2017-10-31, 05:05 PM
That's 4 more damage blowing the thing up!!!

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 05:13 PM
Please remember to tag your damage dice so I don't have to look them up.

Probe Droid snapfires at Diala.

(BYY)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 05:19 PM
Looks like 3 damage. Probe droid floats away lazily. Wowowowowowowo...

Diala, to you. (https://i.imgur.com/mStuNNd.jpg)

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves thus far. :smallsmile:

Gralamin
2017-10-31, 08:06 PM
Diala, always the treasure seeker, steels herself and heads straight towards a flank, "My master always did tell me to avoid material goods, but what can I say, I love shiny things."

Diala Passil

Health 7/12
Strain 0/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions None

Rest restoring 5 hp
Move to L6
Strain move 1 down to L7.

After Action
Health 12/12
Strain 1/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions None

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 08:20 PM
Round End

Imperial player gains 2 Threat, spends 3 to deploy Probe Droid.

Round 2 Begins (https://i.imgur.com/hdbY4Kg.jpg)

Gralamin
2017-10-31, 08:21 PM
I suggest giving Shyla the first turn, so she can use a rest action and not horribly die.

tigerusthegreat
2017-10-31, 09:51 PM
I suggest giving Shyla the first turn, so she can use a rest action and not horribly die.

I Agree. Maybe we should stick together

afroakuma
2017-10-31, 10:12 PM
Nonsense divide and (be) conquer(ed). Split the party, it's always a winning move.

Or if you need company, my probe droids would be glad to hug you. And pet you. And squeeze you. And call you George.

Gralamin
2017-10-31, 11:21 PM
I Agree. Maybe we should stick together

I'll be making my way back to the group, as I assume something bad happens at the end of this round.

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-01, 11:36 AM
I'll be making my way back to the group, as I assume something bad happens at the end of this round.

I killed a stormie. I did my part for the rebellion.

afroakuma
2017-11-01, 09:15 PM
I've sent a PM to Blazmo in case he hasn't had a chance to review the situation on the board. Hoping to get things moving again soon.

Blazmo
2017-11-02, 11:15 AM
Sorry for the delay, wasn't sure if I was meant to go next or not.

Shyla Varad
Health 5/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Resting for 4 health.

Attacking Stormtrooper in C6 while using Duellist Blade's third ability, which replaces the yellow die with a red one.

After action:
Health 9/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Shyla grimaces and clutches her wounds in pain, but grits her teeth and handles the injuries enough to strike another savage blow against the stormtrooper.

Blazmo
2017-11-02, 11:16 AM
Sorry for the delay, wasn't sure if I was meant to go next or not.

Shyla Varad
Health 5/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Resting for 4 health.

Attacking Stormtrooper in C6 while using Duellist Blade's third ability, which replaces the yellow die with a red one.

After action:
Health 9/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Shyla grimaces and clutches her wounds in pain, but grits her teeth and handles the injuries enough to strike another savage blow against the stormtrooper.

Spending surge on +1 damage.

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 02:57 PM
Probe Droid attacks Shyla.

(BYY)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 03:01 PM
Shyla takes 3 damage, and the Probe Droid retreats behind cover.

Rebel Turn (https://i.imgur.com/R3g7hK7.jpg)

Darkstorm
2017-11-02, 03:54 PM
"Sithspit" exclaims Fenn as he sees the mandalorian standing ground and not retreating. Have to save the stuborn girl.

Fenn:
Move action, tactical movement and 1 strain to get to B5.

Havoc Shot versus the Jump trooper.

BG: 2d6
Save: 1d6

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 04:09 PM
I think you meant [roll0] and [roll1].

Darkstorm
2017-11-02, 04:10 PM
Here it goes again.
BG [roll0]
B [roll1]

Darkstorm
2017-11-02, 04:12 PM
2 damage to the jump trooper and 1 to the probe and stormie (killing it).

Edit: despite you rolling better than me!! Ahah! Oh well.

Strain 3/4
Health 12/12

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 04:14 PM
The Jet Trooper is injured but still up, though the blast scratches the Probe Droid and takes out the Stormtrooper.

The Jet Troopers retaliate.

Against Shyla:

(BG)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

and against Diala

(BG)[roll2]
(W)[roll3]

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 04:15 PM
...wow that was bad. First Jet Trooper rerolls the green die: [roll0]

Second one does likewise: [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 04:20 PM
Alrighty, looks like it's Vinto or Diala next. (https://i.imgur.com/BCkH2TD.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-02, 05:53 PM
Vinto rushes up to provide some covering fire for Diala, firing at the probe droid.

Stats:

Unwounded

Actions/Rolls

Move To J5 (I2, I3, I4, J5)

Attack Probe Droid at M7 [roll0]
Defense Roll: [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-02, 05:58 PM
Going to reroll in the hopes of an ideal roll, since I can always deal the 1 damage that I would be doing.

[roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-02, 06:00 PM
Using Pinpoint Shot. Probe Droid takes 1 damage and has the Weaken condition.

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 08:25 PM
The Probe Droid floats up and tries to draw a bead on Shyla.

(BYY)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

Let's see if this works...

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 08:31 PM
Weakened -1 surge

...leaves me with 6+1 Accuracy, 4 damage, 1 surge. vs. 2 block. Hmm.

...let's make it three damage, then. Ptchoo!

Diala, close us out. (https://i.imgur.com/8EZMYAp.jpg)

Gralamin
2017-11-02, 08:55 PM
Diala grabs the crate, and moves to attack.

Diala Passil

Health 9/12
Strain 1/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions None

Bacta heals 1 strain
interact with crate
strain move 1 to k7
attack jet trooper

gy attack: [roll0]
b block: [rollv]1d6[rollv]

Surges next post

Gralamin
2017-11-02, 08:56 PM
Whoops mobile.

B: [roll0]

afroakuma
2017-11-02, 09:24 PM
On the bright side, you got Painkillers

Round End

• End of Round 2

Your pilot has successfully hacked the facility's gate.

• Open all doors.

• Deploy E-Web Enforcer

• Deploy Stormtroopers

New Mission Rules

• Neutral mission tokens (circles) represent data caches. If there are no Imperial figures on or adjacent to a data cache, a hero may spend 2 movement points to examine that cache.

• The mission ends at the end of the round when all six caches are examined, when all heroes are wounded, or at the end of round 6.

Round 3 Begins (https://i.imgur.com/Rt0cqAQ.jpg)

Shyla, odds are good that your party would like you to go first so there's a chance you survive. :smallcool:

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-02, 10:07 PM
Oh good.....an E web

Gralamin
2017-11-03, 12:40 AM
Strategic thoughts:
Each of us have 4 more turns... Which makes it difficult to get the caches. We need to prioritize getting the caches.

Enemy priority therefore becomes:
* Guys blocking cache access
* Eweb
* Probe droids
* Don't kill others unless it somehow saves our lives.

It's okay for some of us to become wounded - particularly our melee fighters.

Shyla still has speed 4 when wounded (iirc), so she is as good as us at accomplishing the objectives. I would consider moving in, relying on the imperials not spending actions on you once wounded. I think I see a path where Shyla gets to the bottom left crate this turn (not that is necessarily good, but it's just to point out how fast she is)

I have the pain killers and bacta. I may as well run like crazy into the far reaches of the base - I become targeted, but I can grab the caches others can't. Awkwardly I am also very good against eweb (via stun) so focusing it down may be high priority before I run into the building.

Our ranged characters should try to avoid becoming wounded while enabling us to grab as many caches as possible. Both are much better at making an opening then Shyla or I.

Question for afro: do we need to be on top caches, or is adjacent good enough? (For examining)

We should also anticipate more doors.

In any case, Shyla should take the first turn to choose what she wants to do.

Blazmo
2017-11-03, 01:32 AM
Do you guys think I should make a mad dash for the bottom left crate then? I believe I can reach F14 if I spend this entire turn just running but I don't want to do anything rash.

Gralamin
2017-11-03, 02:05 AM
Do you guys think I should make a mad dash for the bottom left crate then? I believe I can reach F14 if I spend this entire turn just running but I don't want to do anything rash.

I mean, I think we might have been too cautious last time. Take a turn that you think puts us in the best position.

I just wanted to give some ponderings.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 05:47 AM
Question for afro: do we need to be on top caches, or is adjacent good enough? (For examining)

Adjacent is sufficient.

Blazmo
2017-11-03, 11:57 AM
Shyla Varad
Health 6/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Resting for 4 health.

Moving to D10

After action:
Health 10/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? No
Conditions None

Shyla takes a moment to catch her breath before running to a corner of the forest just outside the building that keeps her out of the fire of the E-Web gunner. She just has time to mouth "You're next." to a stormtrooper before a burst of fire forces her to duck her head.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 03:31 PM
The E-Web Engineer swivels his weapon to point at Shyla Varad.

(Line of sight can be traced from any square a figure occupies).

(BRY)[roll0]
(B)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 03:33 PM
Shyla is Wounded.

Sadly, none of the rest of you are anywhere useful, so take it away.

Rebel Turn (https://i.imgur.com/O3bdVfD.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 03:56 PM
Vinto puts some distance between him and the probe droid. Unleashing a torrent of blasterfire at it.

Stats:

Strain: 4/4
Unwounded

Actions/Rolls

Move (using strain) to L7 (K6, L7) (+2 Strain)

Attack Probe Droid at J4 [roll0]
[roll1]

Holding off on using my second action until I see the results of action 1.

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 03:57 PM
Rerolling attack: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 04:00 PM
Attack 1 Resolution: Using surge for +1 damage for 3 damage vs 2 block and 5 range vs 3 needed for 1 total damage to probe droid.

Using Boltslinger to deal 1 damage to the J8 trooper, killing him.

Making Attack 2 against probe droid. [roll0]
Droid Block: [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 04:01 PM
Wow, Super Probe Droid :smalltongue:

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 04:01 PM
Rerolling in hopes of a perfect result: [roll0]

NOTE: This droid's dice are rigged :-)

EDIT: Ouch, looks like I missed with the reroll :-(. Going to use 1 surge for healing, though. Unless I am misunderstanding range and I only need 2 range (in which case I'll use Pinpoint Shot)

Stats:

Strain: 3/4
Unwounded

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 04:02 PM
Can still use your Pinpoint Shot or take the surge to burn down a Strain

Edit: oops, didn't see how bad your range was. :smallredface:

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 04:06 PM
Probe Droid moves back into the facility to fire at Diala.

(BYY)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 04:09 PM
Well that was lame. 1 damage to Diala, 1 recover for the Probe.

Rebel Turn (https://i.imgur.com/ia2234c.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 04:18 PM
Well that was lame. 1 damage to Diala, 1 recover for the Probe.

Rebel Turn (https://i.imgur.com/ia2234c.jpg)

Well, that made my shot at the probe superfluous :)

Whoops, thought it was the probe I shot at :)

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 04:38 PM
Hey, making me waste possible damage on recovery is never superfluous. Mind you, the clock is ticking on getting that data examined... :smallbiggrin:

Darkstorm
2017-11-03, 05:29 PM
Attack jump trooper to clear los

BG [roll0]
Def [roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 05:31 PM
The JEt Trooper plunges out of the sky.

Second action/any Tactical Movement?

Darkstorm
2017-11-03, 05:33 PM
Three damage on the guy and use surge to recover one strain.

Use Tactical movement to get to D7

Use strain to Havoc shot on the E-Web
Attack BG [roll0]
[roll1]

Darkstorm
2017-11-03, 05:36 PM
Three damage on the E-Web and one on the probe.

One strain to go back to C6 and get out of EWeb shot.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 05:37 PM
Stormtroopers move up to fire at Diala.

(BG)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

(BG)[roll2]
(W)[roll3]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 05:40 PM
...well then.

Take your turn you witch (https://i.imgur.com/ebk38wP.jpg)

Gralamin
2017-11-03, 07:15 PM
Diala decides someone has to try and get the data containers, and runs straight for it.

Diala Passil

Health 8/12
Strain 1/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions None

Bacta heals 1 strain
strain move 2 to I9
Move to H12, through I11 (using two movement)
Move to L13

After action
Health 8/12
Strain 2/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions None

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 07:23 PM
Remaining Probe Droid will shoot at Vinto.

(BYY)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 07:29 PM
Well, it's enough surges to do some damage regardless. 3 damage total, 1 recover.

Round End

Imperial player earns 2 Threat.

This facility must be more important than you realized - the Imperial Security Bureau has dispatched a strike force to expel you!

Deploying ISB Infiltrators for 5 Threat.

Round 4 begins (https://i.imgur.com/0Es5YbE.jpg)

Gralamin
2017-11-03, 07:33 PM
Diala sees the guys come in, "More guys coming in! Be careful!"

Diala Passil

Health 8/12
Strain 2/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions None

Bacta heals 1 strain
Move, spending 2 on the cache I'm adjacent to. Move to J15
Move I15, grab that cache for 2.

Don't see anything more useful to use my remaining 1 on.

After action
Health 8/12
Strain 1/5
Injured? No
Conditions None
Companions None

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 07:37 PM
1-3 4-5 6

[roll0]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 07:40 PM
Accessing the data without authorization has triggered an alarm. The Imperials will surely be here soon!

• Imperial player gains 2 Threat.

You have drawn a Power Generator! Let's see if you're willing to burn 50 credits to use it though...

Probe Droid falls back to fire on Diala.

(BYY)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 07:42 PM
Alright, 2 more damage isn't terrible. It's not good, but it's not terrible.

Gralamin
2017-11-03, 07:58 PM
Looks like I miscommunicated. Fro and I are working out a fix.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 08:02 PM
1-3 4 5

[roll0]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 08:06 PM
The data takes time to access, and the Imperials aren't wasting theirs!

• Up to two Imperial figures gain 3 movement points.

Otherwise same as above. Looks like you've got a fighting chance now.

Rebel Turn (https://i.imgur.com/OB04MVk.jpg)

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 08:32 PM
I really think we need to kill that eweb.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 08:48 PM
Nonsense he is your best friend and boon companion.

Gonna make a play for him? You could quite possibly seize that cache...

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 11:17 PM
Vinto steps forward and opens up on the trooper he can see.

Pre-Activation Stats:

Unwounded

Actions/Rolls

Move to K8 (1 strain)

Attack 1 vs trooper at H8 [roll0]
Defense [roll1]

Attack 2 vs trooper at H8 [roll2]
Defense [roll3]

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 11:21 PM
Rerolling attack 2 to get some maybe better results [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 11:24 PM
Well, that sucked more.

Attack 1: 1 damage 2 surge, 5 range vs 1 block, 3 needed range. Turning 1 surge into damage and 1 surge into recovery for strain. Deals 1 damage to stormie.

Attack 2: 1 damage, 1 surge, 7 range vs 2 block, 3 needed range. Using Pinpoint Shot to turn this into 1 damage, plus weaken on the stormie. Shame I couldn't kill him.

Post-Activation Stats:

Unwounded

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 11:25 PM
Any reason you didn't reroll the first? Or make use of Diala's reroll on the first yellow die?

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 11:33 PM
I didn't want to risk not doimg amy damage on it for my reroll. I forgot about Diala's option.

Diala, if you feel the strain is worth probably killing the trooper, feel free to use your ability on the yellow die of my first roll.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 11:34 PM
Gral's authorized it per her heuristic, since Diala's not hurting for strain right now. I recommend yellow die from the first attack roll.

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 11:35 PM
Ok, then [roll0]

Gralamin
2017-11-03, 11:35 PM
Go ahead and Use it!

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 11:37 PM
Ammending attack 1 to surge for damage. 2 damage to stormie along with 1 from the second attack means a dead stormie.

I am at 4/4 strain since i did not recover with a surge.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 11:42 PM
Funnily enough, it looks like that lets you Boltslinger that Probe Droid twice. I assume you'd like to do that?

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-03, 11:43 PM
Funnily enough, it looks like that lets you Boltslinger that Probe Droid twice. I assume you'd like to do that?

If i have los yes. I didn't think i did

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 11:45 PM
The horizontal red line is dotted, which admits fire but not movement; data caches don't block line of sight. That gives you a perfect diagonal from your SW corner and a wide diagonal from same, and it's within three spaces. I checked it.

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 11:46 PM
Of course now comes the part where I ruthlessly abuse line of sight rules to shoot Vinto with an E-Web Engineer.

(BRY)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

If that doesn't drop Vinto, and I assume it won't, 2nd one goes to him.

(BRY)[roll2]
(W)[roll3]

afroakuma
2017-11-03, 11:49 PM
...alright well I didn't assume it would fail that hard. Blast.

Fenn or Shyla, take it away! (https://i.imgur.com/GOXOqNy.jpg)

Gralamin
2017-11-04, 12:59 AM
A suggestion of tactics.

If Shyla moves first, strain moving 1 and whips the probe droid, she has a decent chance of killing it. She then regardless shoots a storm trooper.
Fenn moves forward, attacks the eweb (and possibly probe if its alive), and grabs an objective. Might be able to get another kill in there.

Next round Vinto starts off with a double rest, and strains 2 somewhere. We re-evaluate as need be.
I probably go last and run and get the south west cache, so I can spend my last turn trying to help get the remaining cache.

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 09:16 AM
One thing's for sure, if you can't clear out my forces in the entryway, you'll run out of time before getting to those caches.

tigerusthegreat
2017-11-04, 10:29 AM
Question: can i access the cache through the dotted lines or not?

Question 2: if they dont move would I have LOS to the stormie on I11 if i move to j8? The walls make it seem like I wouldnt but I didnt think the eweb could hit me or I could hit the probe droid either.

We need to kill the eweb. He a nasty baddie and blocking a cache. Those infiltraters suck too but i think we can maybe get the caches without worrying about them.

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 10:33 AM
Question: can i access the cache through the dotted lines or not?

Nope, they block adjacency for movement.

Question 2: if they dont move would I have LOS to the stormie on I11 if i move to j8? The walls make it seem like I wouldnt but I didnt think the eweb could hit me or I could hit the probe droid either.

Dotted line walls block movement/physical adjacency and melee attacks but not ranged attacks. They represent physical impediments and you can shoot through them as though they were not there. J8 can hit I11.

Solid red walls, like the one parallel to the E-Web Engineer, block both movement and ranged attacks - but line of sight requires the shooter to use any one corner from any of its squares and draw a line to any two target corners - so he literally shot around the wall from his NE corner to your NW and SW corners. Careful positioning gives you cover from enemies that you can still pelt with shots, at least until they find a better vector to you...

Blazmo
2017-11-04, 10:52 AM
A suggestion of tactics.

If Shyla moves first, strain moving 1 and whips the probe droid, she has a decent chance of killing it. She then regardless shoots a storm trooper.
Fenn moves forward, attacks the eweb (and possibly probe if its alive), and grabs an objective. Might be able to get another kill in there.

Next round Vinto starts off with a double rest, and strains 2 somewhere. We re-evaluate as need be.
I probably go last and run and get the south west cache, so I can spend my last turn trying to help get the remaining cache.

I don't have any ranged weapons, apart from my whip. Is that going to be a problem? Also, which probe droid are you talking about, because I don't think any are within range of my whip no matter which space I move to with strain?

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 10:54 AM
Well, either you or Fenn have to take your turn, and the tactical situation isn't going to change. Both the E-Web and the Probe Droid need to be dealt with. Can you do both in melee, if you use your whip?

I assume that's what the spoiler is talking about. :smalltongue:

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 11:00 AM
Also, which probe droid are you talking about, because I don't think any are within range of my whip no matter which space I move to with strain?

From E9 you can whip the Probe Droid at H6, the broken red line doesn't block line of sight.

Gralamin
2017-11-04, 11:52 AM
I don't have any ranged weapons, apart from my whip. Is that going to be a problem? Also, which probe droid are you talking about, because I don't think any are within range of my whip no matter which space I move to with strain?

Ah, i did think you had more ranged options then that. That plan doesn't work.then, but the probe droids and eweb is top priority.

Edit: actually probe droid is higher, since it hasn't gone yet.

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 11:54 AM
Just fyi, if you're looking in and deciding to wait until another player has taken their turn, please post to communicate that. It will streamline things nicely and improve collaboration.

Blazmo
2017-11-04, 12:22 PM
Alrighty I'm going to go for the probe droid then.

Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 0/4
Injured? Yes
Conditions None

Strain Moving to E9 (is that 1 Strain or 2?).

Whipping Probe Droid in H6 and using Duellist Blade's third ability, which replaces the yellow die with a red one.

Probe Droid Defence roll Black: [roll1]

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 2/4
Injured? Yes
Conditions None

Shyla is breathing hard now, but she still attempts to go for the droid anyway. She emerges from cover, gets out her whip and wraps it around the probe droid then pulls it in with a cry and brutally slashes at it with her blade when it gets within striking distance.

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 12:30 PM
That's one strain to get to E9. I should point out that Mandalorian Whip entitles you to a melee attack. If you'd like to consider that your combo attack, you can still step up for a second strain and attempt to take down the E-Web Engineer.

I should further point out that the free attack from Mandalorian Whip is part of its action and cannot be combined with the special action attack from Duelist's Blade. To follow the rules, I'm invalidating the use of the Duelist's Blade action and converting your roll to (GY), which is still sufficient to take down the Probe Droid. You have spent 2 strain and one action so far this turn.

Blazmo
2017-11-04, 12:41 PM
Whoops, sorry about that.

Shyla Varad
Health 12/12
Strain 2/4
Injured? Yes
Conditions None

Strain Moving to F9

Attacking E-Web Engineer in G8-9 with Duellist's Blade's third ability.

E-Web Defence roll Black: [roll1]

After action:
Health 12/12
Strain 3/4
Injured? Yes
Conditions None

Digging deep, Shyla manages to move close enough to the E-Web Engineer to attack, which she does with the same brutal gusto as she used on the Probe Droid.

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 12:45 PM
Stormtroopers advance to fire upon Vinto before covering the data caches.

(BG)[roll0]
(W)[roll1]

If that doesn't drop him,

(BG)[roll2]
(W)[roll3]

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 12:46 PM
Hmm... reroll on the first, the blue die: [roll0] to see if I can allocate a second attack elsewhere.

afroakuma
2017-11-04, 12:49 PM
...which I cannot. Alright then, second proceeds as planned. Vinto is Wounded. The Stormtroopers cover the data caches while ensuring they are not adjacent in case anyone comes in with visions of Havoc Shots dancing in their heads.

Fenn Signis, down to you. (https://i.imgur.com/u0EqgRO.jpg)

Nice turn, Shyla. Review the ins and outs of your special abilities so that you can continue pulling off massive wins like that.