PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Path Suggestions (Possible Mash Up)

Necrov
2017-10-26, 05:54 AM
Hi there,

I'm running a new campaign with a group of 4 players who are mostly new to D&D with one being new to tabletop as a whole. I'm a fairly experienced player, I've been playing 3.5 for about 8 years and it's my D&D poison of choice, I've DMed a few stand alone adventures to give my previous long running DM the occasional break, so I'm pretty confident it'll be fine from that side of things. I'm starting them at first level using Core only (to start with whilst I teach them the ropes) and I'm starting them in my favourite first level adventure, The Sunless Citadel. There's a number of reasons I like the Sunless Citadel, but mostly it captures most of the basic essence of a D&D adventure on a charmingly small scale with a couple of larger than life NPCs (Meepo).

Anyway. On the whole I quite like the entire Sunless Citadel Adventure Path. I'd likely re-skin most of the metaplot (where it appears) with my own, but I've always been fortunate enough to play in campaigns where we've had a few choices about what adventure we take on. Naturally I can create a couple of these myself, but even then I quite like drawing inspiration, or even stealing maps from module.

With that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions for adventures that I could offer as options?

I.e. I could give hooks for two adventures The Forge of Fury and X, and let them choose which they'd rather?

The ideal would be to have options at every level of the campaign. Don't worry too much about getting plot hooks from previous adventures, as I say I reskin alot of these modules with my own plot and the world is homebrew anyway so I can make most things work. Just wondering if people have any particular favourite options?

Necrov
2017-10-26, 05:56 AM
In case it's amazingly relevant. Current party make up is Half-Orc Barbarian, Gnome Druid, Human Paladin and an Elf Rogue. Though lets be honest... someone will die and play an Arcane Caster eventually.

Necrov
2017-10-26, 06:56 AM
Check out these two:
- Lost city of barakus
- Caverns of thracia

They are my favorite two :)
If you expand allowed sources for character building, you'll need to upgrade the monsters. They are perfect for core-only though, or with minor expansion.

Oooh, offering the Lost City of Barakus dungeon delve as an alternative to Forge of Fury is definitely an idea, and it'd be very easy to substitute in with an existing ruined city I have.

Many thanks.