PDA

View Full Version : Help me to make good use of this abilities i won at game.

khaldorgas
2017-10-26, 11:17 AM
Context:
The game I'm playing, takes place in a medieval setting, in which all people have two lines of magical innate power. These powers are called the side of angels and demons, and all society is based on them. (for example, a blacksmith could receive powers from the angel of the forge and fire demon.) This would help his work, so it is common for marriages to be among the same castes as this increases the chance of children having useful powers.
In our reign, the emperor recently forced the whole population to go through a rite, which took half of her powers (one side, angel or demon) and greatly increased the powers of the other side. This left our reign far more powerful than the other nations of the world.

The game began with the young characters, 14 years old, going to the rite of passage.

After the rite, something happened in the world, and an ancient ancestor was able to open an opening in the world, and the game is basically the empire's fight against the shadows. (But there is a lot of politics involved too).

My character is a beguiller.
During his rite of passage, he did not lose one side, he ended up suppressing the two, and then with the advancement of history, he managed to maximize the two sides much more than anyone maximizes one side. Things that happen at play are very cool.

I have access to some spells, and 2 eidolons that represent my angel and demon sides, share life with me, and I can choose whether I leave them active or not. I can also wear them as a synthesist summoner. This is a very cool skill that I gained in the game, but I do not get much use out of it as a caster as the main class.
When I use an angel spell, I gain +6 on all attributes, until I use a demon spell.

History advances years. We get magical stones that are a kind of instrument of access to light, to fight with the shadows. Off game: Each stone of different powers. But basically they gave a gestalt class, and some specific incarnuns. The one I wore gave me a bard dervish of dawn, which made me particularly strong to fight mellee and continue being a caster, even more with the use of synthesized eidolons.

History advances. My character dies, but we end up releasing some gods (now there are several types of entities in the game). At last, we are level 6, and the released god was the merchant god, a very sinister goat.
God offers me my life back in exchange for the stone. Since we were in enemy territory (yes, the shadows also want those stones), I thought it was worth the bargain of the god, and I made a counterproposal. I would have to have my life back, and the means to fight against the shadows. He accepted.

I lost the gestalt. I gained access to all spells in the domain of Wealth, Trade, and Commerce, at will, with caster level 20, CHA nos saves and CA.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/vtYQiB7MTxKBj_PFX2ekSw.png
https://image.prntscr.com/image/2Gvu7M4zTeqmT6V_TfHA0A.png

In the same session, an ancient ancestral queen who was also released, offered me power to avenge myself from the shadows. I accepted.

I gained +10 on all attributes
all the skills of the Ravager class (up to level 10), but not in a gestalt way, I do not have the life data or class saves. Besides, this class seems very bad to me.
Regeneration 1 / Light or Shadow (Sacred and profane from the scenario)

Now we advance to level 7. Normally I would go to shadowcraft mage, but I do not know if it's worth with all those things I've won.

I'm the only one with this different powers, my party is just gestalt with the stones.

I would like ideas on how to make good use of the powers I got, how to abuse those god spells, how to build my char now, etc!

I will leave here my final attributes, after this whole story, which have become very strong
https://image.prntscr.com/image/HbAS_ppMRaGNXtY-mqpHnw.png

In this form i got 4 additional wings attacks
https://image.prntscr.com/image/jDAWvvSlT2esdACHWxpQ9Q.png

And no,its not breaking the game, our enemies are very very strong :smalltongue:

Thank you guys!

khaldorgas
2017-10-26, 11:26 AM
If you can not understand something I wrote, let me know that I try to rewrite it. My English isnt the best :smallfrown:

Demidos
2017-10-26, 11:33 AM
+16 to all stats and 9th level spells at will sounds pretty game-breaking to me....

Well you have infinite money via Fabricate, you have perfect protection from Divination via Mind Blank, you have True seeing at will in case you ever need it, you can hide in your Magnificent Mansion at will. You can also have several rows of forbiddance spells that block anyone from entering your palace. You can also find anything or anyone via Discern Object and also have a permanent +4 to charisma from Fox's splendor at will...

You repeated Trade twice in your post regarding your domains, so presumably you have a third domain. I'd guess given the god description and the fact you typed trading twice it is possibly Trickery or Travel, both of which have insanely strong spells (Astral Projection/Polymorph any object).

The fact that you have all this stuff while the other players are 7th level gestalt seems.....unbalanced. If I were you i'd just build an awesome giant moving stronghold with all the defenses in the stronghold builder's guide and would try not to use anything that your party member's can't do or participate in (e.g. build a stronghold where they use the defenses to blast enemies to pieces? Awesome. Make one where everything is automated and they watch as you solo encounters 10 above your CR? Less awesome.)

Goaty14
2017-10-26, 02:06 PM
Delete the illegal link to Ravager.

a third domain.

Commerce, as per the table given, which does give PaO. The best use of PaO (as how I see it) is to polymorph into yourself, but with templates that don't change your type, making it permanent, Given it's at-will, you could probably transform into the strongest creature you've fought so far and then wreck everything.

khaldorgas
2017-11-01, 05:53 PM
+16 to all stats and 9th level spells at will sounds pretty game-breaking to me....

Well you have infinite money via Fabricate, you have perfect protection from Divination via Mind Blank, you have True seeing at will in case you ever need it, you can hide in your Magnificent Mansion at will. You can also have several rows of forbiddance spells that block anyone from entering your palace. You can also find anything or anyone via Discern Object and also have a permanent +4 to charisma from Fox's splendor at will...

You repeated Trade twice in your post regarding your domains, so presumably you have a third domain. I'd guess given the god description and the fact you typed trading twice it is possibly Trickery or Travel, both of which have insanely strong spells (Astral Projection/Polymorph any object).

The fact that you have all this stuff while the other players are 7th level gestalt seems.....unbalanced. If I were you i'd just build an awesome giant moving stronghold with all the defenses in the stronghold builder's guide and would try not to use anything that your party member's can't do or participate in (e.g. build a stronghold where they use the defenses to blast enemies to pieces? Awesome. Make one where everything is automated and they watch as you solo encounters 10 above your CR? Less awesome.)

Nice, really nice ideas!! Thank you so much! I hadnt seen the book you said (stronghold builder's guide), but I looked into it and found it very cool, i will try to build this stronghold!!! xD

Delete the illegal link to Ravager.

Commerce, as per the table given, which does give PaO. The best use of PaO (as how I see it) is to polymorph into yourself, but with templates that don't change your type, making it permanent, Given it's at-will, you could probably transform into the strongest creature you've fought so far and then wreck everything.

Sorry for the link, idk that was illegal, my bad. Deleted. Also changed main post, i typed wrong (trade twice)

PaO is really strong, i didnt know this. hehehe, after you said i searched about how i could use this. Really nice, thanks!!