PDA

View Full Version : sBurb [IC]

JNAProductions
2017-10-26, 11:24 AM
Elibazeth is currently loading sBurb up into her computer. It seems like it'll be a while, so she does other things while it does, but once it nears completion, she takes a seat in front of her computer.

It loads... And displays a timer. 15:00.

What will you do?

Potato_Priest
2017-10-26, 12:01 PM
Xavier puts sBurb into his computer and starts to load it. While he waits, he amuses himself by pretend-fencing in his room with the fire poker, almost accidentally putting a dent in the wall.

Illven
2017-10-26, 01:59 PM
Elizabeth will start trying to click buttons on the computer. Trying to get past the timer screen.

JNAProductions
2017-10-26, 08:46 PM
Xavier puts sBurb into his computer and starts to load it. While he waits, he amuses himself by pretend-fencing in his room with the fire poker, almost accidentally putting a dent in the wall.

The client loads without any real issues. On screen, you can see Elibazeth in her room, clicking away on her PC. On the edges of your screen are various buttons, of unknown purpose.

Elizabeth will start trying to click buttons on the computer. Trying to get past the timer screen.

It seems to have borked your computer over-nothing you do gets you off the screen. Not even Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del seem to be working.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-27, 02:03 PM
The client loads without any real issues. On screen, you can see Elibazeth in her room, clicking away on her PC. On the edges of your screen are various buttons, of unknown purpose.

First I'm going to try to use some sort of direct message software to inform Elisabeth that she's on my screen.
Elizabeth, my screen is showing your room.

Beans
2017-10-28, 08:24 PM
[Maine - Paisley's House]
Paisley sets down her work, having successfully finished the last of three conveniently unspecified but unmistakably heartfelt gifts for her friends. She'll see about getting them mailed today---given her aunt and uncle's affluence, she can afford pretty fast shipping, so they should all be out in about a week at most. It'll be a nice way to celebrate this interesting game they're going to play together, though she's got to wait for Xavier to get set up with Elizabeth.

Taking her phone with her, she walks into her uncle's study and into the relatively small walk-in humidor she's not supposed to be able to unlock. Her uncle's weird cigar closet is full of interesting smells, though she's never really wanted to actually smoke one.
Standing there, she pulls up her Pesterchum app and decides to see how Orion is getting on.
CM: ey'up
CM: are you excited for this s burb game or whatever it's called
CM: it sounds r8 interesting but also r8 complex

Illven
2017-10-28, 08:48 PM
Elizabeth pulls out her now buzzing phone looking at it, she looks into the phone and looks alarmed covering her chest with her arm.

Yeah, but this has got my computer on the frizz, did you install some sort of malware on it?

Potato_Priest
2017-10-28, 10:00 PM
Yeah, but this has got my computer on the frizz, did you install some sort of malware on it?

RR: What? No! I just opened sburb and my computer showed your room.
I take a picture of my computer screen and send that in pesterchum too.

Illven
2017-10-28, 10:24 PM
But I didn't sign any waviers? The company is going to get the balls sued off of it. Elizabeth protests.

JNAProductions
2017-10-28, 10:36 PM
The timer steadily ticks down.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-28, 11:01 PM
Xavier going to click on Elizabeth's computer and see if that gives him any options.

JNAProductions
2017-10-28, 11:14 PM
As you go to click on the computer, a new app pops up on your computer. One you don't really remember downloading. It reads "Trollian". Regardless of whether or not you go to click on it, it pops open, revealing some text.

NO TIME! JUST LISTEN!

THE BUTTONS-CLICK ON THEM, PUT THE TOTEM LATHE, CRUXTRUDER, AND ALCHEMITER SOMEWHERE EASY TO REACH!

AND WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU!

What do you do? Look behind you? Explore the menus, looking for those... Whatevers? Or something else entirely, possibly ignoring that annoying yellow text?

You hear a rustling behind your door.

Illven
2017-10-28, 11:15 PM
Elizabeth gets up, and checks the door confused.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-28, 11:17 PM
As you go to click on the computer, a new app pops up on your computer. One you don't really remember downloading. It reads "Trollian". Regardless of whether or not you go to click on it, it pops open, revealing some text.

NO TIME! JUST LISTEN!

THE BUTTONS-CLICK ON THEM, PUT THE TOTEM LATHE, CRUXTRUDER, AND ALCHEMITER SOMEWHERE EASY TO REACH!

AND WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU!

What do you do? Look behind you? Explore the menus, looking for those... Whatevers? Or something else entirely, possibly ignoring that annoying yellow text?

Xavier is going to look behind him.

JNAProductions
2017-10-28, 11:17 PM
Behind the door appears to be a midget dressed in an imp costume. This would normally be the most pressing matter, but a slightly more pressing matter is that he's holding a knife.

He seems oddly content, though-he's rummaging through, of all things, your curtains, with the knife occasionally catching and tearing them.

On your screen, you see Elibazeth go to and open her door.

Behind you, you see a dark stormcloud rapidly approaching through your window.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-28, 11:59 PM
On your screen, you see Elibazeth go to and open her door.

Behind you, you see a dark stormcloud rapidly approaching through your window.

Xavier thinks about how nice it is that he isn't out on the river during the storm, and turns back to his computer, looking for the buttons mentioned by Trollian.

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 12:04 AM
It takes some doing, but within maybe a minute, he finds the various buttons to summon the machines. Each one is about 10'X10', and some 7 or 8 feet tall. As he looks for a place to put them, though, he sees Elibazeth staring down a small man with a knife, facing away from her.

Illven
2017-10-29, 12:05 AM
The ****! Elizabeth asks alarmed before slamming the door shut, and looking in her room for weapons.

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 12:09 AM
The small man hears her, and turns around as she slams her door. She can hear him pounding on it and stabbing at it as she looks around for a weapon.

Pick something. Anything. You can use it as a weapon with whatever die is appropriate for your class. Note that, until you find another Strife Specibus, you are LOCKED INTO this weapon type.

Illven
2017-10-29, 12:20 AM
Elizabeth grabs her guitar to use as a sort of cudgel.

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 12:24 AM
https://orig00.deviantart.net/2903/f/2013/265/3/e/_oc_rpg_stuck__tritos_prahas_s_strife_specibus_by_ danna_hanako-d5upwnw.png

Elibazeth steels herself, grabbing one of her instruments as a weapon. It feels oddly light and dexterous in her hands, for some reason.

Meanwhile, the timer keeps ticking down.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-29, 12:43 AM
Trying to help Elizabeth in a timely fashion, Xavier attempts to fit one of the machines in the air above the small man.

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 12:49 AM
The cruxtruder drops on top of the imp-man, crushing him in a pile of black goop.

It also, unfortunately, crushes directly through Elibazeth's hallway floor, crashing down a level.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mspaintadventures/images/4/4a/Cruxtruder.png

As it drops, it shifts from side to side, landing on edge. The impact knocks the cap loose, revealing a glow inside-however, the cap is still partially on.

Illven
2017-10-29, 01:01 AM
Elizabeth moves to look at the strange machine.

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 01:02 AM
Something seems to be bumping against the interior. It glows with an inner light, and doesn't seem aggressive, just insistent.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-29, 01:03 AM
RR:Is that your house? How'd the game designers know what it looked like?

Also, Xavier tries to get his perspective to be able to move on the computer so he can follow Elizabeth's movements.

Illven
2017-10-29, 01:17 AM
I dunno. This is really starting to freak me out. Elizabeth replied.

Elizabeth will try to see if the machine has a door or anything.

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 05:47 AM
It's a simple right click and drag to move the camera, though it seems limited to Elibazeth's house. A little searching reveals it includes a "snap to player" functionality, automatically going to wherever Elibazeth is.

Meanwhile, she clambers down the new hole in her house to reach the Cruxtruder. A little jimmying later, and she pops the hatch open, revealing...

An orb of light. Spouting incomprehensible gibberish.

GET THE OTHER MACHINES DOWN NOW! YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME! SHE DOESN'T HAVE MUCH TIME!

Illven
2017-10-29, 09:38 AM
Huh, what? Elizabeth says drawing the guitar closer to herself.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-29, 11:01 AM
Xavier is going to put the other machines down on the ground floor of elizabeth's house, trying not to block off any doors.

RR:Sorry about your floor. What is that thing?

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 11:12 AM
The glowing orb bounces up and down near Elibazeth, continually spouting inane nonsense that appears to maybe be some kind of language? But probably not.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-29, 11:20 AM
After putting down the machines, Xavier is going to click on the orb to see if it gives him any information or options.

JNAProductions
2017-10-29, 11:22 AM
The orb pops up with a name when clicked on: Kernelsprite.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-30, 02:35 PM
RR:My screen says that thing is a 'kernelsprite'.
RR:I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like some sort of digital fey.

Illven
2017-10-30, 03:46 PM
Aren't fey all naturey? Elizabeth mentions.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-30, 07:49 PM
RR:That's how they're portrayed in D&D, yes.
RR:I think they come from Celtic mythology
RR:Not sure about that tho
RR:Don't step into any 8-bit goomba rings, eh?

JNAProductions
2017-10-30, 08:10 PM
The timer continues to count down. Outside the window, Elibazeth can see a faint shadow, coming from high above the clouds.

Illven
2017-10-30, 08:52 PM
Elizabeth will attempt to look outside the window.

JNAProductions
2017-10-30, 09:14 PM
High, high in the sky-miles up-is what seems to be a rock. Coming down rather quickly.

The timer counts down.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-30, 09:26 PM
Reminded of the storm by Elizabeth's movements, Xavier is going to look outside his own window to check on it.

Illven
2017-10-30, 09:26 PM
High, high in the sky-miles up-is what seems to be a rock. Coming down rather quickly.

The timer counts down.

Elizabeth will post attempt to post on facebook about a meteor, coming down, before starting to leave the house.

(Is she alone in the house.)

JNAProductions
2017-10-30, 09:38 PM
Reminded of the storm by Elizabeth's movements, Xavier is going to look outside his own window to check on it.

Xavier pokes his head out just in time to have a bucket of rainwater slam into his face. He backs up, closing the window, as the lights flicker and go out.

His home is without power.

Elizabeth will post attempt to post on facebook about a meteor, coming down, before starting to leave the house.

(Is she alone in the house.)

Elibazeth manages a post from her phone, and heads to leave the house, abandoning the machinery that Xavier had placed. The kernelsprite continues to follow her, bouncing and jiggling like a madman.

Illven
2017-10-30, 09:43 PM
Anything you want to help with? Elizabeth snapped at the kernelspite.

JNAProductions
2017-10-30, 09:45 PM
The kernelsprite jiggles some more.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-30, 10:46 PM
Xavier pokes his head out just in time to have a bucket of rainwater slam into his face. He backs up, closing the window, as the lights flicker and go out.

His home is without power.

Xavier checks to see if his computer and phone are still working.

RR: Testing
RR: Power just went out here b/c of storm

JNAProductions
2017-10-30, 10:51 PM
When checking your phone, you see it's still working. However, it only has [roll0] percent battery left.

Your computer is wholly dead.

Illven
2017-10-30, 11:01 PM
Oh, right. You have storm, I have meteor. Elizabeth mentioned.

Potato_Priest
2017-10-31, 03:24 PM
RR:A meteor? Find cover fast

Noticing that it's fairly chilly and dark with the power out, Xavier goes to light a fire in the woodstove. He steps outside and grabs some logs and kindling from the dry area under the awning, then brings it back inside and uses some newspaper and matches to get a small blaze going.

Illven
2017-11-05, 10:57 PM
Elizabeth will attempt to take cover from the meteor.