PDA

View Full Version : Will Rich Convert OOTS to 4th Edition?

FoE
2007-08-16, 05:48 PM
I'm sure you've all heard the big news about Fourth Edition (or maybe not, if you aren't D&D fans). This thread isn't about bashing or singing its praises, but here's a fun point for discussion: is the new story arc in OOTS going to have to start the same way as Strip #1, with the characters "converting" to 4D?

Talya
2007-08-16, 05:49 PM
depends greatly whether 4e is released under the open gaming license, wouldn't you think?

squidthingy
2007-08-16, 05:50 PM
there is already a thread for this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53992)

FoE
2007-08-16, 05:57 PM
I justify my thread's existence because that other thread was debating 4th Edition when it was still a rumour. It is now fact. Nevertheless, if the Mods wish to shut me down, I'll accept their decision.

P.S. I would think Rich would have to at least acknowledge 4D's existence.

squidthingy
2007-08-16, 06:19 PM
even if it was just myth over there (six hours before yours) it's now fact so I was just telling you so that the same things aren't being reapeated

for example \/

your thread :

is the new story arc in OOTS going to have to start the same way as Strip #1, with the characters "converting" to 4D?

I would think Rich would have to at least acknowledge 4D's existence.

the other thread :

We've seen them updated from 3.0 to 3.5 will they make the jump to 4.0 when it comes out?

The change to 4E is going to be Pretty Big News, so I'd expect some sort of mention of it in the comic (even an oblique, "nahh we're sticking with 3.5 in this setting" comment from one of the characters).

I'm not really seeing the difference

Harry Joy
2007-08-16, 06:24 PM
Oddly enough, this was the very first question I asked myself when I heard the news. No, not "Will I buy it?" (I won't), not, "Golly, will my favorite publishers still do 3.x books?" (I hope so). No, it was "what will poor Rich Burlew do?" :smallwink: