PDA

View Full Version : New "A Monster for Every Season" Vol. 3 - Autumn - now on sale!

The Giant
2017-10-26, 02:02 PM
Just in time for Halloween, it's a whole bunch of spooooky monsters!

http://www.GiantITP.com/Images/AMFES_Autumn1_ForumCover.png (https://gumroad.com/l/amfesautumn#)

It's time for the third volume of A Monster for Every Season, a comprehensive set of print-and-play miniatures covering a wide variety of monsters and adventurers for your D&D game. It's basically a PDF file with pages upon pages of new OOTS-style monster art that you can print, cut, fold, and tape before dropping them into your game. Each page looks like this:

http://www.GiantITP.com/Images/AMFES_Autumn1_Sample1.png

And then when you're done assembling them, they look like this:

http://www.GiantITP.com/Images/AMFES_Autumn1_Assembled.png

Also, every monster is included in both full color and toner-saving line art, so you can change the colors yourself:

http://www.GiantITP.com/Images/Autumn1_HellHoundSample.png

The sets are loosely themed around the four seasons, and this is the third set we're putting out, Autumn.

This third set includes the following categories:
64 Bugs
43 Clerics
19 Constructs
30 Demons
33 Devils
10 Dragons
28 Hobgoblins
14 Necromancers
37 Paladins
19 Skeletons
19 Spooooky! Monsters
64 Undead
21 Zombies

For a full list of all the monsters, here's a helpful Content List (https://s3.amazonaws.com/GiantInThePlayground_AMFES/AMFES_AutumnContents.pdf) to download. Future sets will include pretty much every major category of monster, once everything's said and done.

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the non-forum half of this site to play nice right now, so there's no product page for it at the moment. Instead, you can just head over to Gumroad (https://gumroad.com/l/amfessummer#) and read more about it there. Or you can read the FAQ that is coming up.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Purchasing

I can't figure out how to buy them!
You can get to the purchase page by clicking here (https://gumroad.com/l/amfesautumn#), or on the big cover pictures above, or you can get to the Giant in the Playground profile page at Gumroad (which lists all the products we have on one page) by clicking here (https://gumroad.com/richburlew).

How do I get my PDFs?
You'll get an email with a download link a few minutes after ordering. Keep an eye on your spam folder, just in case.

I paid for the product but I didn't get an email to download it! What do I do?
The first thing to try is to go to your Library on Gumroad, at this link: https://gumroad.com/library You should be able to see everything you've bought from them, and you can just manually download the file. That only works if you have an account there, but if you bought it without one, you can just make a new account using the same email you used to buy it and it should show up in your Library retroactively. If that doesn't work, then you need to contact [email protected]. I don't have much control over Gumroad's technical side, since I don't own them or run their service, so your best bet is to talk to them directly.

What does the watermark look like?
It's on the first page (the cover), and it's a small grey ribbon-shape with the Gumroad "G" logo, next to which it says "Sold to" and then the email address that you gave when you purchased the book. So don't buy using your top secret email.

Why does it say there are two files?
Your purchase includes a full color version of every monster, and also a separate black-and-white line art version. These two sets are in separate files, so you'll get one file that has everything in color and one file that has everything in line art.

Why are you using Gumroad instead of (insert name of other company)?
Because they charge the lowest commission, which means I could lower the price more. Plus, most other companies that offer a watermark service add it to every single page, which seemed like overkill to me. One page is enough.

Contents

Does this set have every monster I would need to play? Does it have the entire contents of the Monster Manual?
No. Rather than sample every type of monster shallowly, each set attempts to be comprehensive for a limited set of categories. For example, this set includes 30 demons creatures but no ogres (which you can find in the Summer issue, which came out earlier this year). The goal is that by the time the project is over, the collected set will include pretty much every monster that has ever been released for the game, or at least an exhaustive selection thereof.

Is this useful for players, rather than just DMs?
Yes! Each set includes a few pages dedicated to two or more character classes, showcasing a variety of player-ready characters in all of the most common player races. This Autumn set includes 43 different clerics and 37 different paladins, plus 14 necromancers if that's your jam. Also, the set includes a wide array of undead minions for those necromancer players to use as their unstoppable undead army. Like I said, if you're into that. There are plenty of miniatures that would be useful even if you never ran an adventure yourself.

What are "spoooooky monsters"?
That's just a category I used to group a number of related monster types that didn't really have enough examples to form categories on their own—specifically, creepy "Halloween-type" monsters like hags, nightmares, scarecrows, etc.

Release Schedule

When will the rest of the seasons be coming out?
Spring and Summer are already out; you can buy them here (https://gumroad.com/l/amfesspring#) and here (https://gumroad.com/l/amfessummer#), respectively. For the remaining set, Winter, it will hopefully be released before the end of winter in March 2018.

Why did you waste your time drawing 401 monsters instead of doing more comics?!?
I didn't, at least not any time recently. This was originally part of the Kickstarter project, which means that all of the work was done last year. All I did now was some art conversion, which took about a day and a half.

Is there going to be a comic today?
Yes. A little later.

Kickstarter Questions

Is this the same set that I got in 2016 as a Kickstarter backer?
Yes. The only difference is that this file uses the vector art that all the PDFs for sale have used, rather than rasterized art. The drawing style and contents are identical.

What are the new miniatures that weren't in the 2016 Kickstarter version?
None. There are no "bonus" miniatures this time.

I'm a Kickstarter backer and I never got my free copy of this!
You must have missed the update with the download link. You can download the file for free from your Kickstarter account by going to the pledge drive's page and looking for Update #74 from January 2, 2017. You'll need to be logged into your account in order to view that update.

I'm a Kickstarter backer and I got a discount code for the Spring set. Is there a discount for Kickstarter backers for this one, too?
No, because it is essentially the same file as you already got for free. The discount codes were to account for the fact that some backers would want the bonus miniatures but didn't want to pay again for miniatures they already owned. Since this set has no bonus miniatures, there's no need for a discount code.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or technical difficulties, feel free to post them here. You can also check out the thread for the Spring set (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?529332-A-Monster-For-Every-Season-(Spring)-Printable-monster-minis-for-your-tabletop-game) or the Summer set (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?534705-A-Monster-for-Every-Season-Summer!-(Vol-2)&p=22512158), where your question might have been answered.

Reboot
2017-10-26, 02:11 PM
Wut, no lawyers in amongst the Devils and Spoooookies? :p

Rogar Demonblud
2017-10-26, 03:27 PM
That would seem an appropriate place for Jones and Rodriguez, yes?

The Aboleth
2017-10-26, 08:08 PM
Will you be doing Bards in the same way you've done other classes (such as Ranger and Paladin)? I noticed a few Bards sprinkled in the other sets, but I didn't know if you were planning on tackling them as a whole or not.

The Giant
2017-10-26, 08:18 PM
Will you be doing Bards in the same way you've done other classes (such as Ranger and Paladin)? I noticed a few Bards sprinkled in the other sets, but I didn't know if you were planning on tackling them as a whole or not.

Yeah, I'm thinking they're going to be in Spring 2, which will be after Winter. Winter is already so jam-packed that it'll be even bigger than this Autumn one is, and it already has Barbarians and Rogues slated as its covered classes.

The Aboleth
2017-10-26, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking they're going to be in Spring 2, which will be after Winter. Winter is already so jam-packed that it'll be even bigger than this Autumn one is, and it already has Barbarians and Rogues slated as its covered classes.

Awesome, thanks! Really love the job you've done. I don't play D&D too much anymore but I still buy these because I like them that much and they make for fun little "figurines" for my 1st grader nephew.

Bastian Weaver
2017-10-27, 09:01 AM
The coolest set so far. And I'm really looking forward to Spring 2. Bards! Bards! Bards!

GooeyChewie
2017-10-27, 11:59 AM
I love these minis! I’m already planning some spooktacular Ravenloft adventures with them!

LadyEowyn
2017-10-27, 07:18 PM
Speaking of lawyers, I'm surprised D&D can have the monster with a jack o'lantern for a head without running into copyright law.

factotum
2017-10-28, 03:44 AM
Speaking of lawyers, I'm surprised D&D can have the monster with a jack o'lantern for a head without running into copyright law.

Why? What would that be a copyright infringement of? If you're thinking of Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" tale, that was written in 1820 and is well out of copyright now.

Grey_Wolf_c
2017-10-28, 01:23 PM
Why? What would that be a copyright infringement of? If you're thinking of Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" tale, that was written in 1820 and is well out of copyright now.

And the tradition of carving pumpkins into terrifying faces goes back millennia. I'd be very surprised if there isn't folklore about Jack o' Lantern that predates Irving.

GW

Jasdoif
2017-10-28, 01:38 PM
And the tradition of carving pumpkins into terrifying faces goes back millennia.Well, carving gourds into terrifying faces, at least. I believe carving pumpkins specifically is much more recent, an adaption of the practice of carving turnips from European immigrants (somewhere in the British Isles, I think?) to North America (where the pumpkin is indigenous).

Grey_Wolf_c
2017-10-28, 02:10 PM
Well, carving gourds into terrifying faces, at least. I believe carving pumpkins specifically is much more recent, an adaption of the practice of carving turnips from European immigrants (somewhere in the British Isles, I think?) to North America (where the pumpkin is indigenous).

Fair enough, my mistake. I call all those vegetables pumpkins, even if I probably shouldn't. I did try to look into folklore about Jack o' Lantern but haven't had much luck - a lot of references to will o' the wisp, but not the actual tales.

GW

GrayGriffin
2017-10-29, 08:00 AM

Actually haven't there been a few more modern adaptations recently? Admittedly I'd assume they can only copyright the specific design of their own specific monster's outfit.

Lord Torath
2017-10-30, 03:41 PM
Take my money! TAKE IT!

Sure, I'll pony up for the vector version. Thanks, Rich! I love these, and I've become a hit at family gatherings by bringing colored pencils and a print-out of the line version for the younger kids to color! Most Favored Uncle status for me! Dragons and animals are popular, as are the PC class sheets.

Max?
2017-10-31, 12:12 PM
@GINTPG, any thoughts on making these available to roll20.net? They'd certainly be a set I'd consider opting for!

GrayGriffin
2017-11-01, 05:52 AM
So, um, I accidentally bought the AMFES Summer book again instead of the Autumn book. Would it be possible for me to get a refund on that? It's fine if that won't work, since I don't have a Gumroad account.

I should probably get one to prevent this happening again...

The Giant
2017-11-03, 11:41 AM
So, um, I accidentally bought the AMFES Summer book again instead of the Autumn book. Would it be possible for me to get a refund on that? It's fine if that won't work, since I don't have a Gumroad account.

I should probably get one to prevent this happening again...

I had another customer who told me that he bought the Autumn one but for some reason they sent him the email for the Summer one. He was able to fix it by making a Gumroad account using the same email, then going to his Library page there. It had the proper Autumn file there waiting for download.

You should try that if you can, just in case you didn't make a mistake, Gumroad did.

chaotic
2017-11-03, 06:42 PM
I'm actually enjoying keeping all of my OOTS PDFs in one place (Gumroad). Is there any chance of a Kickstarter discount code even if there are no new monsters?

Also, vector art is super sexy anyhow... :smalltongue:

GrayGriffin
2017-11-03, 10:42 PM
I had another customer who told me that he bought the Autumn one but for some reason they sent him the email for the Summer one. He was able to fix it by making a Gumroad account using the same email, then going to his Library page there. It had the proper Autumn file there waiting for download.

You should try that if you can, just in case you didn't make a mistake, Gumroad did.

Yeah, I ended up making an account. That seemed to work.

Lord Torath
2017-11-06, 09:19 AM
I'm actually enjoying keeping all of my OOTS PDFs in one place (Gumroad). Is there any chance of a Kickstarter discount code even if there are no new monsters?

Also, vector art is super sexy anyhow... :smalltongue:I asked in the last thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?534705-A-Monster-for-Every-Season-Summer!-(Vol-2)/page2), but The Giant said "No."

chaotic
2017-11-13, 09:48 PM
I asked in the last thread, but The Giant said "No."

Ohh well... Thanks for the info, Lord Torath.

Wryte
2017-11-22, 03:17 AM
I've been buying these sets as they've been coming out, just in case I ever happened to need them, and the time has finally come! Through a rapid series of escalations, in the space of a few days I went from agreeing to teach a couple friends the basics of playing D&D, to agreeing to run a campaign for 7 newbie players... which will also be my first time DMing! :O Thank goodness for these sets, so I didn't have to go buy out my local shop's entire supply of anything so much as vaguely goblin-shaped. It's also nice that I can number the corners of the minis so I can easily keep track of them without trying to remember which mini is which NPC in the initiative order or while tracking HP.

If I had one request, it would be inclusion of some non-combatant PC race minis. I need some civilians for my party to rescue in the first leg of the adventure I have planned, but all of the PC race minis are based on classes and look ready for combat. For now I've settled on erasing the image from one mini, printing out a few copies, and labeling one side "front" and the other "back."

Eagerly awaiting the Winter set!

lothos
2017-11-28, 10:30 PM
So I'd been meaning to buy this for a few weeks, I just got around to it as I pre-ordered the calendar.

I noticed on page 33 there is a Half Dragon Sorcerer. I thought those were rare (2nd page, panel 7) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0413.html)... not any more ! Anyone can print as many as they want :-)

The Giant
2017-11-29, 09:53 AM
If I had one request, it would be inclusion of some non-combatant PC race minis. I need some civilians for my party to rescue in the first leg of the adventure I have planned, but all of the PC race minis are based on classes and look ready for combat. For now I've settled on erasing the image from one mini, printing out a few copies, and labeling one side "front" and the other "back."

Don't worry, there's a page of "Townspeople" planned for the Winter set.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-11-29, 11:45 AM
Rich, you continue to be awesome.

I herewith nominate Rich for President of the OOTS Fan Club. Can I get a second?

Avegrin
2017-11-30, 06:17 PM
I assume the Rogues will cover our bandit needs, but will we get some cultists as well? Cult of the Dragon, Orcus worshippers?

The Giant
2017-12-05, 04:17 PM
Hey gang, due to the short timeframe on this because I'm a terrible human who is bad at being on-time, I wanted to let you know that the Holiday Ornament (http://www.cafepress.com/orderofthestick/15066211) and some new t-shirt designs (http://www.cafepress.com/orderofthestick) are now up at CafePress. Also, if you missed any of the older "battle ornament" designs, I brought those back so you can now get a full set of all 6 members of the Order. I am still working on one more t-shirt design, but it will be kid-oriented, so if you don't have kids to shop for, everything's there now.

I'm not going to do the whole promotional blitz until I get another comic done (tomorrow? ish?), but it's going to be tight to get stuff shipped in time for Christmas for overseas customers, so I wanted to let you know as soon as they were up.

Lord Torath
2017-12-05, 04:42 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the Heads Up, Rich!

Now to pick out some T-shirts...

Is there any way to get higher-resolution images of your t-shirt designs? I have a really hard time seeing what they are saying from the Cafe Press website.
Nevermind. I found the Zoom button at the bottom of the pop-up window.

The Giant
2017-12-05, 05:01 PM
Is there any way to get higher-resolution images of your t-shirt designs? I have a really hard time seeing what they are saying from the Cafe Press website.
Nevermind. I found the Zoom button at the bottom of the pop-up window.

I'll do all that tomorrow when I put up the promotional thread for them, in case you're still having trouble seeing them.

Also, I just realized that I meant for these posts to be in the calendar thread, not the AMFES thread. Oh well.

Cizak
2017-12-06, 04:07 PM
Hey gang, due to the short timeframe on this because I'm a terrible human who is bad at being on-time, I wanted to let you know that the Holiday Ornament (http://www.cafepress.com/orderofthestick/15066211) and some new t-shirt designs (http://www.cafepress.com/orderofthestick) are now up at CafePress. Also, if you missed any of the older "battle ornament" designs, I brought those back so you can now get a full set of all 6 members of the Order. I am still working on one more t-shirt design, but it will be kid-oriented, so if you don't have kids to shop for, everything's there now.

I'm not going to do the whole promotional blitz until I get another comic done (tomorrow? ish?), but it's going to be tight to get stuff shipped in time for Christmas for overseas customers, so I wanted to let you know as soon as they were up.

In regards to the battle ornament, I can't find the word "anathma" when I google it. Is it supposed to be "anathema"?

The Giant
2017-12-06, 04:48 PM
Yep, that's a typo. I had seen it and fixed it in my original file and forgot to upload the corrected one to CafePress.

It's fixed now. Luckily, it looks like none have been printed yet, so no one is going to get the wrong thing.

Charing
2017-12-09, 12:58 PM
Just a quick question, I'm hoping someone can help me - the PDF helpfully gives out size enhancements to give to print a medium miniature as a large and so on, but are there similar numbers for printing large as medium? I might need a good number of slightly-smaller-giant-spiders soon and I worry the Legion sheet ones might be slightly too large.

Wryte
2017-12-09, 03:52 PM

Sweet! Can't wait!

Just a quick question, I'm hoping someone can help me - the PDF helpfully gives out size enhancements to give to print a medium miniature as a large and so on, but are there similar numbers for printing large as medium? I might need a good number of slightly-smaller-giant-spiders soon and I worry the Legion sheet ones might be slightly too large.

What I've taken to doing is screencapping the pages with a particular mini I want, then pasting and cropping it into a graphics program so I can make any modifications I need. First off, it lets me make my own legion sheets if I need a different composition from what's on the one in the PDF, but I can also paste a creature of its normal size next to a creature of the size I want them to be, then scale the first creature's slip to the second's. It's how I turned Tiny imps into Small mephits, and scaled a few Large stone golems down for a Medium galeb duhr and its animated boulders. It's also let me do things like swap a tiefling's head onto a ranger's body for one of my players. Even when the PDFs don't have exactly the mini I need, they provide a great base that I can modify for my needs. And man, is it so much easier than trying to track down traditional minis for anything that isn't a bog-standard archetype, especially for females of any race other than human or elf. There's no way I'd have found an accurate mini for a half-goblin-half-flying-kobold sorceress at the comic shop, but a few modifications to the half-fiend goblin in the Spring pack do the trick nicely.

At the risk of sounding any more like a commercial, these things have been a great buy.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-12-18, 07:05 PM
So, there's a Western Hag in this set, and a Tin Golem, and Flying Monkeys, a Straw Golem and even a Rag Doll. Which set has the Awakened Lion and Kansas Farm Girl?

Heko
2018-01-03, 04:20 PM
Using A Monster For Every Season minis as game characters for Cutthroat Caverns.

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic3915108_md.jpg

Wryte
2018-01-22, 03:55 AM
Just wondering if there's any update on a likely release time for the Winter set beside the March date in the OP. My campaign should be finishing up the dungeon they're currently exploring in the next couple weeks, after which I'm planning a raid on the local thieves' guild. With rogues being in the Winter set, it'd be super helpful to know if it was coming before then, or if I should start looking at which minis from the current sets I can repurpose.

drivebyflarking
2018-01-27, 08:33 AM
Same here. I just started a campaign using the line art minis, and I allow my players to color in their own, which they love. They've decided to make an unexpected detour to the Underdark, which means that suddenly I need a lot more drow than I thought I would this early. Help?

Grog Logs
2018-01-27, 11:04 AM
@GIANT: First of all, THANK YOU, Giant, for creating these amazing printable minis and your wonderful webcomic. The awesomeness and affordability of these minis inspired me to become a DM for the first time. I could never get into flat tokens on the grid and plastic/metal miniatures are way out of my budget. It is simply too much fun to put together the minis and dream of future encounters to throw at my players.

@PLAYGROUND: How are you storing your printed miniatures? I estimate that I have already printed 600-900 minis, and I am running out of room. I found stackable storage containers online that have 50 compartments for storing arts, crafts, Legos, etc), but I am running out of space. Each of the compartments can hold 10-15 medium-sized creatures; but I only like to combine them if they are highly similar (e.g., 10 orcs, 10 male dwarves, 12 female dwarves). Combining 10 dissimilar Fey together feels disorganized.

I have 3 sets of these containers and I only have only printed enough minis for 3 of my 9 major settlements of my campaign. I do not want to buy 6 more of these storage containers as they are $30 each, but I want to remain organized. What can I do? Do I need to surrender my desire for organization and simply dump 100s of minis in 12 quart storage boxes, and then sort through the boxes each week? If I keep using my current method, I'll go broke.

Finally, a word of advice: use cardstock. The Giant is completely accurate that cardstock is best. Cardstock is not only good for using a mini week after week; but it is necessary if you are going to stack them on top of each other, which is necessary if you want to store them cheaply. The extra "cost" of cardstock is definitely worth the time and energy you will save due to remaking many of your minis because you decided to be cheap and have them get destroyed in storage.

martianmister
2018-01-27, 11:53 AM
These are great. I wish I had extra money to buy these.

Lord Torath
2018-01-27, 02:55 PM
Same here. I just started a campaign using the line art minis, and I allow my players to color in their own, which they love. They've decided to make an unexpected detour to the Underdark, which means that suddenly I need a lot more drow than I thought I would this early. Help?Copy the line versions of the various elves, and let your players color them in Drow-Style. Actually, there are typically a couple of drow characters in each of the "Class" groups - fighters, clerics, rangers, etc.

@PLAYGROUND: How are you storing your printed miniatures? I estimate that I have already printed 600-900 minis, and I am running out of room. I found stackable storage containers online that have 50 compartments for storing arts, crafts, Legos, etc), but I am running out of space. Each of the compartments can hold 10-15 medium-sized creatures; but I only like to combine them if they are highly similar (e.g., 10 orcs, 10 male dwarves, 12 female dwarves). Combining 10 dissimilar Fey together feels disorganized.
I store them unfolded in ziplock/gladlock/your-favorite-lock bags. Sort, unfold, and stack them, and then put each stack in a small ziplock, and put related stacks in a bigger ziplock. Force the air out of each bag before you seal it, and they shouldn't slide around on you. You end up with a big bag of, say seafolk, with several smaller bags of merfolk, tritons, sea elves, sahaguin, and kuo-toans.

Wryte
2018-01-27, 02:57 PM

I have 3 sets of these containers and I only have only printed enough minis for 3 of my 9 major settlements of my campaign. I do not want to buy 6 more of these storage containers as they are $30 each, but I want to remain organized. What can I do? Do I need to surrender my desire for organization and simply dump 100s of minis in 12 quart storage boxes, and then sort through the boxes each week? If I keep using my current method, I'll go broke.

I've been using stacking craft boxes, but I don't have even remotely so many minis to manage. I can get 24 small creatures into one of the wide boxes, or up to 48 if I stack a second row upside down. I can fit 8 mediums into the small boxes by stacking them opposite each other on their fronts and backs.

https://i.imgur.com/tRCC0HJ.jpg

One thought I'd had if my collection grows too large was to buy a binder of card pages, and keep the minis flat in the card pockets, but that would mean either having to fold them somewhere to make them lie flat, or not taping them together.

A middle ground option might be to keep the minis in the large, unsorted boxes according to rough groupings (one box of forest creatures, one box of urban creatures, etc.) and then pulling whichever sets you expect to need for the current leg of your campaign into the organized containers ahead of time. It means a little extra work, but it gets you the organization during your play sessions and the bulk storage outside of them.

Grog Logs
2018-01-28, 06:50 PM
...I store them unfolded in ziplock/gladlock/your-favorite-lock bags. Sort, unfold, and stack them, and then put each stack in a small ziplock, and put related stacks in a bigger ziplock. Force the air out of each bag before you seal it, and they shouldn't slide around on you. You end up with a big bag of, say seafolk, with several smaller bags of merfolk, tritons, sea elves, sahaguin, and kuo-toans.

Good suggestion! I had not even though of that.

brionl
2018-02-15, 05:47 PM
I've always been meaning to buy these, but I was going to wait for Winter and buy the whole set at once. However, since DunDraCon starts tomorrow, I thought I'd go ahead and buy them now and get a mini for the Pathfinder games I'm planning on playing (and of course all the other cool stuff too). Looks as great as I thought it would!

Is the Giant taking suggestions/requests?

How about doing some of the "base" Prestige classes, i.e the ones that are in the DMG? I'd love to have an Arcane Archer or Eldritch Knight. Maybe even a Dashing Swordsman? ;)

Any chance of doing some Knights of the Dinner Table figures? Knuckles the XXIIIrd on his Dwarven Battlesteed and an El Ravager on the famous War Cow would be really nice.

Rogar Demonblud
2018-02-15, 06:31 PM
All of that would run into copyright issues. There's been some wink and nod stuff (Tin Golem, Western Hag), but those would probably cut way to close to the line.

Lord Torath
2018-02-16, 08:04 AM
I've always been meaning to buy these, but I was going to wait for Winter and buy the whole set at once. However, since DunDraCon starts tomorrow, I thought I'd go ahead and buy them now and get a mini for the Pathfinder games I'm planning on playing (and of course all the other cool stuff too). Looks as great as I thought it would!

Is the Giant taking suggestions/requests?

How about doing some of the "base" Prestige classes, i.e the ones that are in the DMG? I'd love to have an Arcane Archer or Eldritch Knight. Maybe even a Dashing Swordsman? ;)

Any chance of doing some Knights of the Dinner Table figures? Knuckles the XXIIIrd on his Dwarven Battlesteed and an El Ravager on the famous War Cow would be really nice.For an Arcane Archer or an Eldtritch Knight, pick an archer or a knight, and color on a magic glow. Or make your own. There's a pretty great tutorial somewhere in the Arts and Crafts forum.

brionl
2018-02-17, 10:09 PM
All of that would run into copyright issues. There's been some wink and nod stuff (Tin Golem, Western Hag), but those would probably cut way to close to the line.

I'm sure Rich could get permission from Kenzerco. And AFAIK, all of the prestige classes in the DMG are SRD/d20 content. That's why they're in, for example, Pathfinder too.

I've been showing off some of the printed figs at the con, and some people seem to be interested.

hamishspence
2018-02-18, 05:32 AM
I'm sure Rich could get permission from Kenzerco. And AFAIK, all of the prestige classes in the DMG are SRD/d20 content.

Except one - Red Wizard - because it's setting specific (Forgotten Realms).

GooeyChewie
2018-02-20, 09:21 AM
I can’t wait for the winter edition! I’m hoping for a whip-wielding elf Rogue!