PDA

View Full Version : E6 Build Help-Two Weapon Fighting Cleric

DrBloodbathMC
2017-10-26, 03:48 PM
My friend is going to be starting an e6 campaign semi soon. While I don't have to settle on my character for a while I do want to play around with some ideas. One I had was trying to make an EXTREMELY toned down Alexander Anderson, as this campaign is going to be at least partially religious based. I figured he'd be a cleric that dual wields short swords. So far I have:

Human Male
Cleric 6

Str 10
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 12

Feats:
Two-Weapon Fighting
Throw Anything

I don't have many other leads on what else I could do. Do you have any ideas?

AnimeTheCat
2017-10-26, 04:39 PM
Since you're a cleric, travel devotion can be obtained for free via trading one of your domains. That will help with full attacking every turn. The sacred healing feat let's you expend a turn undead attempt to grant you and your allies fast healing 3, but it has a prerequisite of 8 ranks in heal so may not be worth it just for the regeneration aspect of Anderson.

SirNibbles
2017-10-26, 06:35 PM
Rogue 1/Cleric 5 with Sacred Outlaw (Dragon Magazine #357, page ), qualifying with Bracers of the Hunter (Secrets of Xen'drik, page 145) would be my suggestion. You don't get much from Cleric 6 compared to Cleric 5, and this way you get 4d6 Sneak Attack and good skills, and you still Turn Undead as a 6th level Cleric.

Throw Anything isn't worth it in my opinion, especially in an E6 game.

Human Male Rogue 1/Cleric 5

Feats:
1- Two Weapon Fighting
1- Sacred Vengeance (Complete Divine, page 108) ; Human Bonus feat
1- Travel Devotion (from Cleric)
3- Extra Turning
6- Sacred Outlaw

Sacred Vengeance and Extra Turning are more for flavour than power, but they're not bad feats.

Baby Gary
2017-10-26, 06:57 PM
one thing that I want to point out about this cleric, there are 3 (2 with the right domain choices) that can make you nigh unstoppable. I am talking about everyones favorite DMM persist.

take extend spell (or the planning domain)
to get persist spell
and the you can get DMM persist spell, 24 hour buffs here I come!

AnimeTheCat
2017-10-26, 07:38 PM
It's an E6 game, so DMM cheese probably isn't in the spirit of the game. I could be wrong though, that's for the OP to answer.

Something else I that I thought of was instead of using throw anything, just use daggers. The damage will come from brutal throw, and power throw.

In the anime/Manga he's throwing/welding bayonets which are more akin to daggers imo. This would free up a feat and let you essentially dump dex. Strength and wisdom are basically all you need and unless you're using lots of spells with saves you don't need to go any higher than 13 wisdom since you won't be casting spells higher than level 3.

DrBloodbathMC
2017-10-27, 12:21 PM
Ok so I was thinking of going Cleric of Pelor (this deity will play a big role in the game), so I might have to use a feat to get the Travel Devotion. I like the idea of dagger's and might use those instead of the shortswords, but I still want to take Two Weapon Fighting so I can use both in melee combat. If I can get my DM to allow the Bracers of the Hunter to help my qualify for the feat then this build is looking good. I changed the Stat Array for the current build. So far I have:

Male Human
Rogue 1/Cleric 5 (Order is debatable)

Str 16
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 14
Cha 10

Feats:
TWF-Level 1
Travel Devotion-Human Bonus
+2 flaws so Sacred Vengeance and maybe an extra turning?

I have to talk to my DM for the level up ones, as we might be using alternate rules where we get feats a little more rapidly. IDK how far we're going to level up but there is a possibility of the extra feats for every 5k xp after level 6. I was thinking about using those feats to power up combat via Cleave and Power Attack and the likes of that.

EDIT: Instead of another extra turning for the flaw feat maybe Brutal Throw

Blackhawk748
2017-10-27, 02:02 PM
I would use 2 feats to nab Martial Study and Martial Stance to nab a Shadow Hand Maneuver and Island of Blades. With those out of the way, take Shadow Blade and now you add Dex to Damage. After that, just chuck on some buff spells and go to town.

ATHATH
2017-10-27, 02:55 PM
May I recommend dipping Spellthief instead of Rogue?

If you have so many feats that you don't know what to do with them all, why are you a human? Why not be, say, a changeling (for those sweet, sweet 10+INT skill points per level Changeling Rogue subsitution levels and the general coolness of being able to shapeshift) or a raptoran (for that neato temporary-flight ability)?

Also, ask your DM if you can use the extra class features from the Dead Levels articles.

ATHATH
2017-10-27, 02:57 PM
Also, consider being an Aasimaar so that you can get into Paragnostic Apostle early (with your Daylight SLA).

SirNibbles
2017-10-27, 05:35 PM
Also, consider being an Aasimaar so that you can get into Paragnostic Apostle early (with your Daylight SLA).

I think he wants to be human for flavour (the character his build is based on is a human).

__

By the way, there's a Rogue ACF in Complete Champion, page 51 called Antiquarian which trades Trap Sense for a bonus to Appraise checks on divine and religious relics. You can also use an Identify SLA as a full-round action once per day to identify a magic item created by a Paladin or Cleric spell, or if it has special religious significance.

ATHATH
2017-10-27, 06:50 PM
I think he wants to be human for flavour (the character his build is based on is a human).
Aasimaar are half-human, is that close enough? If that isn't, couldn't you just refluff yourself into being a human with aasimaar racial abilities/stats?

DrBloodbathMC
2017-10-27, 09:40 PM
I could refluff it instead of straight human, it depends on a few factors. I like the spellthief idea, I'll look into it. Thanks for the help everyone. I think I have a solid base for my character now.