PDA

View Full Version : super mario build?

Soranar
2017-10-26, 09:55 PM
So, here's my idea

ardent 1 with the freedom mantle for dimension hop, practiced manifester to make up for some of your manifester level loss
fighter 6 for dungeoncrasher

race: orc
template: dragonborn of bahamut (for wings)

key feats

-battle jump
-headlong rush

So, the super mario combo

teleport over your enemy (using dimension hop as a swift action)
battle jump transform you falling on top of your enemy as a charge action that deals double damage
headlong rush doubles damage again (it's a charge), meaning x3 damage
dungeoncrasher makes you crush your enemy against the ground (assuming you won your bullrush check) for 8d6 damage + 3x your STR, times 3 due to battlejump + headlong rush

none of this involves using a weapon of any kind so you can say you jump on people's heads to crush them like goombas (although you look a lot more like Bowser than you do Mario at this point)

further ideas to improve this

add expansion and more manifester levels (to increase your size and STR so you can crush bigger things and teleport higher)

what do you guys think, is there a prestige class that would work well with this?

Zaq
2017-10-26, 11:39 PM
Needs more Produce Flame.

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-10-27, 12:49 AM
Dungeoncrasher 2/ardent X with access to expansion and energy ray for fireballs and iceballs would be better, I think. Fewer lost MLs. You could take other powers on your mantles (such as call weaponry) to assume the effects of other powerups as well. If you have Link Power, synchronicity, and other boosters to help you screw the rules action economy, you could even make it look like this:

https://youtu.be/Xftxc6LigOk?list=PL01B6FBE8898E1535&t=1797

Blackhawk748
2017-10-27, 01:20 AM
Needs more giant mallet, and yes Mario uses one as his primary weapon in several games. Most notably Super Mario RPG

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-10-27, 01:29 AM
Needs more giant mallet, and yes Mario uses one as his primary weapon in several games. Most notably Super Mario RPGCould always go psychic warrior instead of ardent for some soulbound weapon ACF. (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a)

[edit] Also, check the link in my last post.

Luccan
2017-10-27, 02:54 AM
Don't forget to consider some kind of dinosaur mount. One he can ride very proficiently.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-10-27, 03:22 AM
What about punching blocks?

EndocrineBandit
2017-10-27, 04:12 AM
Punching blocks? Too easy. Martial study (mountain hammer) or could take a level dip in warblade.

RoboEmperor
2017-10-27, 05:58 AM
Ubercharger that uses his foot as his weapon. Leap Attack + Foot = Mario.

legomaster00156
2017-10-27, 08:30 AM
Yeah, Improved Unarmed Strike isn't optional for playing Mario.

Soranar
2017-10-27, 08:45 AM
Ok so I need a giant mallet. (through call weaponry, soulbound weapon ACF)
The expansion power is a no brainer (even helps the bull rushing).
And I guess I can switch dimension hop with regular jumping through sudden leap
(leap 10 ft in the air as a swift action then fall into a battle jump onto your enemy as a charge)

With all of this in mind, I'd switch ardent with psychic warrior.

Add a warblade dip (for sudden leap, leaping dragon stance and stone power to punch through blocks)
Optimize my strength to get the jump check high enough to jump that high

A regular dragonborn of bahamut orc gets +10 on jump checks because of the wings
the Orc, maxing STR, has 22 STR for another +6 and leaping dragon stance gives me another +10 and all jumps are considered running.
having 5 ranks in tumble gives me another +2

A 10 ft high jump is a DC 40 check so with skillranks +28 I'll still need 11 ranks to pull of the roll even on a 1

That's actually not so bad considering dungeoncrasher takes 6 levels to activate and I still need to wait till level 9 to dip warblade to get leaping dragon stance

so fighter 6, psychic warrior 2, warblade 1, psychic warrior 11

Fouredged Sword
2017-10-27, 11:42 AM
I would fill in the early levels with something else and go ahead and take warmind levels as a prc that grants manifesting on it's own. You get 5th level powers and much more pp.

Fighter 6 / war mind 2 / warblade 1 / warmind 8 / warblade 3.

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-10-27, 11:58 AM
I would fill in the early levels with something else and go ahead and take warmind levels as a prc that grants manifesting on it's own. You get 5th level powers and much more pp.

Fighter 6 / war mind 2 / warblade 1 / warmind 8 / warblade 3.Part of the issue was getting summonable weapons to simulate powerups via soulbound weapon.

Dungeon crasher pays off at level 2, and though it gets stronger up until level 6, that really lowers one's ability to manifest powers.

How about dungeon crasher 2/psywar 18 or DC 2/psywar X/PF kineticist 10 (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/pyrokineticist/) for some fireballing goodness?

[edit] I forgot; the PF pyro doesn't advance manifesting. Isn't there a version that does, somewhere?

Fouredged Sword
2017-10-27, 12:13 PM
Yeah, but you dont need many weapons. A hammer for sweeping strikes, orcish shotput for shells, and energy ray for fire/ice balls.

Warmind has full bab and a much better psionic progression.

Ellrin
2017-10-27, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry, but we're all missing something crucial here.

Where's the mount in any of these builds?

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-10-27, 12:17 PM

Where's the mount in any of these builds?This game is rated PG, bubs. We don't hold with that kind of talk around here.

Also, a dinosaur mount is cheap. WBL is a thing.

Soranar
2017-10-27, 12:25 PM

Where's the mount in any of these builds?

the simplest one would be taking the wild cohort feat

Ellrin
2017-10-27, 02:47 PM
This game is rated PG, bubs. We don't hold with that kind of talk around here.

Also, a dinosaur mount is cheap. WBL is a thing.

How many dinosaur mounts can goomba stomp, swallow whole, and fling eggs, though?

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-10-27, 03:03 PM
How many dinosaur mounts can goomba stomp, swallow whole, and fling eggs, though?Warbeast tyrannosaur with Leap Attack and Shape Soulmeld: Acidic Spittle? Sure, it's not eggs, but it's an acid-spitting dinosaur.

[edit] Maybe it spits acidic eggs? Refluffage FTW.

animewatcha
2017-10-28, 12:31 AM
Wild cohort feat for dinosaur mount.

DMVerdandi
2017-10-28, 08:35 AM
Erudite (Dragon 319/Convert spell to power ACF) 10/Thrallherd 10

Spells/powers

1. Jump (Duh)

2. Swim

3. Scalding touch/lesser orb of fire/channeled pyroburst/wreathe of flame (Fire flower/firebrand)

4.Greater Mighty Wallop (Smashes and tilts)

5.Stone sphere (Koopa shells, lol.)

6.Fly,Swift (Tanuki and feather only give temporary flight, so this having a one round burst is cool.)

7. Iron body (Metal Mario)

8. Heroics/Master's touch/Heroism[greater] (Mario's status as King of all Trades)

Of course throw in various awesome powers and spells like haste, teleportation, schism, hustle, nerve skitter, celerity, and all those other really great (cough hax) spells.

As far as the thrall herd, you can use it to make whatever two characters you want to.
Wario:Warblade

Luigi:Erudite (but with more stealthy spells, lightning elements , and necromancy )

Yoshi: Awakened Velociraptor Druid(So I heard you like yoshi's. How about having a yoshi that summons yoshis? Yoshi's Island style)

Peach:Ardent

Waruigio:Lurk

Donkey kong: Barbarian

Remuko
2017-10-28, 10:44 AM
Waruigio:Lurk

Who the heck?

Luccan
2017-10-28, 11:55 AM
Who the heck?

Waluigi. I believe in Japanese, Luigi is actually named something like ruiji (which means other), Wario uses Wa- which means bad (so bad Mario), so Waluigi is actually something like Waruiji (bad other) in Japan. Don't know what's up with the extra -o

Remuko
2017-10-28, 02:35 PM
Waluigi. I believe in Japanese, Luigi is actually named something like ruiji (which means other), Wario uses Wa- which means bad (so bad Mario), so Waluigi is actually something like Waruiji (bad other) in Japan. Don't know what's up with the extra -o

yeah its Waluigi (Japanese: ワルイージ, Waruīji); calling him Waruiji(o?) is just speaking in engrish.

DMVerdandi
2017-10-28, 07:56 PM
typo-o
10char

Endarire
2017-10-29, 12:08 AM
Unarmed Swordsage2 is more WIS-synergystic than Warblade for this build. It lets you use Tiger Claw and Stone Dragon maneuvers and auto-grants you Imp Unarmed Strike.