PDA

View Full Version : Creation challenge - Featstravaganza!

Malapterus
2017-10-27, 08:57 AM
I am entering into a gestalt game and have figured out how to make a character with 32-39 total feats by level 20, 22 of which are Fighter feats.

The build is fighter/feat rigue with extra feats possible with Human race, 2 flaws, & sacraficing any rogue special abilities.

What kind if build could you come up with for this crazy amount of feats?

Nifft
2017-10-27, 10:37 AM
What's your goal here?

Are you deliberately trying to play the weakest character possible?

If this is for a real game, you might want something more effective, like:
- an Elf Wizard // Warblade / Eternal Blade, or
- a Warforged Artificer // Psion / Thrallherd, or
- a Human Druid // Swordsage, or
- a Kobold Dragonfire Adept // Sorcerer.

PhantasyPen
2017-10-27, 10:48 AM
Well first of all, I think having more than 20 feats is going to be a bit excessive. Although I suppose you have enough that you could build the Ultimate Fighter(tm), you're probably not going to be able to do much else. :/ In particular I think that trading away your sneak attack is a bad move.

Malapterus
2017-10-27, 10:54 AM
What's your goal here?

This is just something I CAN do, not something I particularly intend to do. I was just interested in seeing what the community could come up with in this extreme situation

ShurikVch
2017-10-27, 11:21 AM
OK there is quick-and-dirty calculation:

Feat source
Number of Feat

Level 20
+7

Fighter/Feat Rogue gestalt
+22

Human
+1

Flaws (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm)
+2

Grafts:
Fiendish Ear
Golden Dancing Pegleg
Goring Horn
Leg of Squid
+5

Magical Locations:
Altar of the Dragon's Eye
Cerebrotic Blot
Court of Thieves
Frog God’s Phane
Heward’s Hall
Highest Spire
Iron Wyrm Vault
Otyugh Hole
+8

Total:

How's it?

unseenmage
2017-10-27, 11:58 AM
What's your goal here?

If this is for a real game, you might want something more effective, like:
- an Elf Wizard // Warblade / Eternal Blade, or
- a Warforged Artificer // Psion / Thrallherd, or
- a Human Druid // Swordsage, or
- a Kobold Dragonfire Adept // Sorcerer.

At least it's not a PF build. Feats in PF don't give you superpowers like they do in 3.x.

Check out my sig for the lists of the Best Feats Any Creature Can Take.
Started out as a list of feats for general minionmancy. Wound up being a comparison between the sheer unadulterated superpower-granting might of 3.x feats vs PF feats.

Leadership still winds up being the "best" feat in both arenas due to it's ability to completely wreck action economy as written.

Nifft
2017-10-27, 12:49 PM
At least it's not a PF build. Feats in PF don't give you superpowers like they do in 3.x.

Check out my sig for the lists of the Best Feats Any Creature Can Take.
Started out as a list of feats for general minionmancy. Wound up being a comparison between the sheer unadulterated superpower-granting might of 3.x feats vs PF feats.

Leadership still winds up being the "best" feat in both arenas due to it's ability to completely wreck action economy as written.

Leadership is so amazing.

I suspect the power of feats falls off rather sharply from that starting point.

Boggartbae
2017-10-27, 01:14 PM
Do you play with critical confirmation rolls? I know a lot of groups that don't. If not, here's something to do with a ton of feats:

Play a two weapon fighter, and get things like Combat Expertise and Power Attack, and Robilar's Gambit; basically anything that lets you diminish your attack roll for a bonus somewhere else, or something that gives you extra attacks, or something that makes you more mobile/harder to kill. Dual wield small-sized scythes. Get them enchanted as +1 Thundering Vorpal weapons, and just attack so much that eventually you roll a nat 20 and behead your foe. If their immune to crits, then your thundering enchantment and all your Power Attack pumping will make your attack hurt still, and they might be blind anyway even if they are a golem/zombie/whatever, since they still lose their head even if it doesn't kill them.

Of course this doesn't work if you roll for critical confirmation, unless you're playing a lv 20 Fighter in Pathfinder

ShurikVch
2017-10-28, 05:41 PM
There're the better classes for build described in my post #5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22515204&postcount=5):

Gestalted classes:
Levels:
Feat number:

Psychic Warrior (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psychicWarrior.htm)/Martial Rogue (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#rogue)

Cleric/Ordained Champion

Martial Monk/Hospitaler

Ardent/Divine Crusader

Total:
26 (22)

There are 26 feats, and 22 of those are Fighter's bonus feats; thus, total number will be 49 (see #5)

Twurps
2017-10-29, 01:12 PM
Though in no way optimized (because the chassis just isn't. especially in gestalt). There's 2 fighting styles that are extremely cramped for feats. Those are: TWF, and ranged fighting. The ranged style can be fixed with lots of feats, but would be so much better with particular prestige classes, I'm not going to bother getting in to it here.

So that leaves TWF. And because we actually have feats to spare, let's combine it with tripping (Also feat intensive) and because tripping goes better with reach: 2 good reach weapons and an extra reach increase.

So, the basics:

For tripping:
Exotic weapon proficiency: kusari Gama
Jotunbrud (Or just be a goliath for powerfull build, even better with a level of barbarian for mountain rage, but I'm sticking to your specs)
improved trip
Knock down (3.0)

for AoO:
combat reflexes
combat expertise
Willing deformity
Deformity (tall)
Martial study: something nice (prereq for next feat)
Martial stance: thicket of blades
deft oppportunist
karmic strike
defensive sweep
overpowering attack (PHII, instead of fighter feat at lvl16)
Robilar's gambit
elusive target (pretty meh, but we have feats to spare)
stand still

For TWF:
two weapon fighting
improved two weapon fighting
Greater two weapon fighting
perfect two weapon fighting
double hit

'Utility':
dodge
spring attack
mobility
side step
power attack
cleave

So that's the basics down, with 28 feats put to good use. (I didn't proof read any of this, as I will never build it. Might be some prereq's missing, might be some feats with overlapping effects (robilars gambit vs. karmic strike?) I'm sure there's a few ToB maneuvers which might improve the guild, through martial study.
for the remaining feats, maybe add the shock trooper line of feats, or weapon focus, weapon specialization etc line.

Pump your dex as high as you can, and enjoy making lots of AoO's with both hands from 15ft away, hitting them, getting a free trip, tripping them, for a free attack again.