PDA

View Full Version : DM help Assassin's Creed PC

Torzen
2017-10-27, 12:25 PM
So I have a PC that wants to build an Assassin's Creed type character. My question is any help on how to build one. He doesn't know the right way to go and between DMing and work I can't find a good balance in the build. This is a new player to D&D and will be joining the campaign with the others. Who are at level 6 right now. Any insight would be great.

JeenLeen
2017-10-27, 12:28 PM
Does your player want a cool assassin or the parkour-type stuff? Do they plan on taking or getting assigned assassination jobs? Knowing what exactly they want could help us know what to advise.

Though, regardless of your answer, I think a Thief-archetype rogue with proficiency in Athletics. Pick a background (or make a custom one) to give Disguise Kit proficiency, for how Enzo can blend into crowds. Maybe try to get a Climb speed somehow (magic item?) if you don't want the Thief archetype.

Sneak attack gives the assassin-y feel. The other stuff gives the parkour/sneaky feel.

Vogie
2017-10-27, 02:41 PM
Outside of a Slippers of Spider Climbing...

3 levels of Sorcerer or Warlock will give you the second-level Spider Climb as a spell slot. A Sorcerer dip would give Extend or Subtle spell, either would be of use to an assassin. That warlock dip for a second level spell would also give the pact blade that can magically appear, as a nod to the 'hidden blade', and, IIRC, you can pick up Mask of Many Faces as one of your early invocations for an at-will Disguise self.

Either way, you'd want to then go a more assassin-y route.

Torzen
2017-10-27, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up. He will have opportunities for assassin work. And yes he was wanting to have a parkor feel to it as well. I think the dips into Sorcerer and Warlock will help him get to what he wants. Don't know what thief archetype he wants to pick yet. I will discuss it with him before our next session.

DracoKnight
2017-10-27, 06:02 PM
Might I recommend using this (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/09/the-brotherhood.html)?

SaA
2017-10-27, 06:49 PM
1 level Mystic

for Mastery of Air

which if your focused on it makes you take no falling damage ever .

so you can jump into hay bales from a bajillion miles up and not take any damage

Torzen
2017-10-27, 06:57 PM
Might I recommend using this (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/09/the-brotherhood.html)?

I think this will work great thank you. I will have him look it over.

The Shadowdove
2017-10-27, 09:00 PM
Honestly, not that my grumping matters, I get tired of seeing players base their character off of assassin's Creed characters. Half of them have a weak roleplay that assumes they're more awesome than their level 1 self actually is. It's more common than drizzt do'urden rangers.

Thief rogue. Acrobatics expertise. Stealth expertise. Disguise kit proficiency.
Or Assassin rogue tabaxi (for climb speed).