PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Cleric questiion

Invalidmix
2017-10-27, 06:18 PM
So in the game i am playing, as a cleric i have been told i can use my remaining spell slots at a long rest to create some kind of potion, but for the life of me i can't find this anywhere, could anyone tell me if this is true and direct me to where i can find it?

jaappleton
2017-10-27, 06:23 PM
So in the game i am playing, as a cleric i have been told i can use my remaining spell slots at a long rest to create some kind of potion, but for the life of me i can't find this anywhere, could anyone tell me if this is true and direct me to where i can find it?

....No.

Just no.

Naanomi
2017-10-27, 06:27 PM
Sounds like homebrew (or a misunderstanding); or maybe they were thinking of Druids/Rangers using spare Spell slots to make Goodberries?

bid
2017-10-27, 07:53 PM
Sounds like homebrew (or a misunderstanding); or maybe they were thinking of Druids/Rangers using spare Spell slots to make Goodberries?

What? There are clerics other than the human lifeberries? Preposterous!

Yes, blue means you should totally believe what I said.:smallbiggrin:

ThePolarBear
2017-10-27, 08:03 PM
Prehaps the spell Healing Elixir in the Starting Spells Unearthed Arcana?

Iirc Clerics shouldn't have access to it however... but if it was your DM that said so, it's better to ask him directly.

lunaticfringe
2017-10-27, 08:08 PM
I vaguely recall something similar somewhere but it wasn't for clerics and it wasn't official. Going to have to ask your DM to 'splain it.

Moosoculars
2017-10-27, 11:05 PM
It could be using remaining spell slots to cast bless spells and make holy water? Pg 152 of the PHB.

This takes an hour but I suppose you could do it at the end of a day's travel if you have the components and the spare slots.

BoringInfoGuy
2017-10-27, 11:59 PM
It could be using remaining spell slots to cast bless spells and make holy water? Pg 152 of the PHB.

This takes an hour but I suppose you could do it at the end of a day's travel if you have the components and the spare slots.

Clerics and Paladins can create holy water through a special ritual that takes 1 hour to perform, 25 gp of powdered silver, and a 1st level spell slot.

Slipperychicken
2017-10-28, 10:14 AM

Bless doesn't have anything to do with holy water in 5e.

I never knew about the ability of clerics and paladins to craft holy water though. That's a damn good catch. Time for my life cleric to start pumping out holy water in his spare time.

Moosoculars
2017-10-31, 01:37 AM
Bless doesn't have anything to do with holy water in 5e.

Oh yeah - Your right there is no mention of Bless. That is me just loading on 3.5 or other previous editions.

Even better!

But then not the answer to the OP

Vaz
2017-10-31, 02:27 AM
Ceremony (UA) can create Holy Water