PDA

View Full Version : Story arc ending.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-16, 08:19 PM
I think the story arc will end soon, leaving the Haley and Belkar plot open. Then, when the rest of the OoTS is in dire need, Haley and Belkar will show up, and save their asses. Then it'll do the whole "4 days ago" thing, and show what Haley and Belkar did. Kind of like what the giant did with Elan. My major evidence is what the giant did with Elan and Thog, it shows that he definitely considered it, and he's used that plot device before. My major problem is what the giant did with Elan and Thog, it shows that he definitely considered it, and he's used that plot device before, which means that he might not do it again.

I think that wold be pretty cool.

David Argall
2007-08-16, 11:40 PM
Not much chance really. The party has to move a long distance for the next story, making that link up all the harder.

Also Roy is dead, and the Raise is in the other part of the party. So we need some excuse for raising him if we want to keep the party apart.

But the major point is that the humor is heavily party interaction, and that interaction is much more common when we have 1 group of 6 than 2 groups of 3.

Much better the party just link up now.

Oberon
2007-08-17, 12:45 AM
My theory is that Roy will remain dead for a while because the party is split up, and will remain split up until it is again Roy's time to shine.

The Giant's purpose for splitting the party is a mystery, and probably doesn't relate to anything that any of us has speculated.

Porthos
2007-08-17, 12:50 AM
My prediction of "Roy will not come back till we see his wacky adventures in the Celestial Realms" still stands. Of course, the real debate, IMO, is how many strips Rich will devote to Roy knock, knock, knockin on heaven's door. :smallamused:

Regardless, I can't see that subplot being resolved in this arc/book. Instead I see it as the Opening Subplot of the next arc/book. :smallsmile:

Mr_Saturn
2007-08-17, 12:57 AM
Could be like LotR with multiple parties are multiple areas.

factotum
2007-08-17, 01:22 AM
Possibly, but they'd still need a way to resurrect Roy for that to stand any chance of working as a story...Haley and Belkar carrying a corpse for several dozen strips isn't going to be that interesting!

Gaelbert
2007-08-17, 01:40 AM
The reason Rich seperated the party is because the ship left, silly.:smallbiggrin:
Anyways, shouldn't Elan and his Dashing Swordsman class return to save the day? I know he's with V and Durkon and is being restrained, but he might have some special ability that will let him return to his beloved's side, or help him get there.

Oberon
2007-08-17, 02:12 AM
The reason Rich seperated the party is because the ship left, silly.:smallbiggrin:
Anyways, shouldn't Elan and his Dashing Swordsman class return to save the day? I know he's with V and Durkon and is being restrained, but he might have some special ability that will let him return to his beloved's side, or help him get there.

Well I think he's only taken one level of it, which granted him the Puns in Combat class feauture and probably some other feautures realting about looking good, not wearing armor, and dramatic entrances, so how many class feautures can a prestige class have per level? Usually its 1 or 2, and the really good ones don't come until you've almost maxxed the class.

the_tick_rules
2007-08-17, 02:40 AM
well he has no glass to swing through so his dramatic entrance ability is nullified lol.