PDA

View Full Version : Artificer / Psionic artificer gestalt?

TallerSpine
2017-10-28, 09:40 AM
This is more of a thought experiment than anything else. Is it possible (by RAW) to be a gestalt artificer / psionic artificer with two craft reserves? Or would the craft reserve ability not stack because it is essentially the same ability?

Edit: Infusions would be even more overlap... And bonus feats... This idea was originally for an NPC.

gkathellar
2017-10-28, 12:15 PM
Unclear. Gestalt isn't exactly a detailed rule set.

GreatGoatEater
2017-10-28, 12:58 PM
A character with Psionic Artificer can't take levels in Artificer.

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-10-28, 05:23 PM
I believe that psionic artificer is an artificer ACF; since you can't take the same class more than once (gestalt or no), whether they would stack or not is a nonissue.

TallerSpine
2017-10-29, 12:56 PM
I believe that psionic artificer is an artificer ACF; since you can't take the same class more than once (gestalt or no), whether they would stack or not is a nonissue.

Thank you. I came to the same conclusion and decided to just go Psionic Artificer/Factotum for the NPC. He will be a cohort. The character asked that I come up with a cohort that will have the ability to make any magic item in the game. I figured, Artificer was a no-brainer, but then as I read up on Psionic Artificer, it said that they are extremely rare, so that would give him access to psionic items that the party might not otherwise have access to. But, to keep him able to craft regular magic items, I was hoping to have him also be a regular artificer.

Factotum should work fine. He will never have a lot of spells, but hopefully enough to craft anything that he needs. I have not read much on Factotum, but I figure it would make sense to treat the entire day as "an encounter" when crafting, so he should be able to cast three arcane spells per day at his current level (4th). That will cover just about anything he needs to craft. He just needs to take the magic item crafting feats separately, and maybe he can create some psionic/magic hybrid items.