Necromancy
Level: not sure
Components: V,S, Me*
Range: touch
Duration: 3d6 minutes.
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Saving Throw: Fort Negates (special)
Spell Resistance: Yes

You touch the targets stomach and invision their internal organs churning around, causing them pain. the target seems to be more easily affected by powers affecting the body

This spell lowers the touched targets Fortitude save for the duration. The target uses the lowered fortitude save to make the save, as they are feeling weakened. If they make their save, their Fort save goes back to normal. if the target fails their fort save, the spell lowers the targets fortitude save as if their fortitude save were one plus one level lower per caster level above the minimum caster level for this spell. The penalty is considered as being a Fortitude penalty (ie, does not stack )

Mental disruption
Illusion (phantasm)
Saving Throw: Will Negates (special)

You touch the targets forehead and channel into it visions of horror. The target is more easily affected by powers affecting the mind

As Internal Disruption, but this spell affects a targets Will save rather than the Fortitude save. The penalty is treated as a Will penalty

Joint Disruption
Evocation
Saving Throw: Ref Negates (special)

You touch the targets joints and flow energy into it, creating blockages in the joints that make it harder to move. The target is now more easily affected by powers that affect movement

As Internal Disruption, but this spell affects the targets Reflex saves rather than the Fortitude save. The penalty is treated as a Reflex penalty

Note in the Components line I have put Me. This stands for Mental. I may make a metamagic feat allowing you to cast spells without the component (much like silent spell). Mental components represent the caster imagining the affect and making it real.

firepup
2007-08-17, 01:19 AM
I'd say I like them... But, for one, I don't like the whole idea of "Let me lower your save and see if you can still use it. Maybe if the save was like a normal save where the spell doesn't affect until the target either fails or makes their save. as it is, it has to be 5+ because a 20ith level wizard who casts this spell assuming it's level five lowers a classes save by ten levels. this could screw up a class insanely. Lower your reflex? Eat this maximized fireball. Lower your fort? Eat this Finger of death.

And what happens if this lowers their save to if their class level was negative?

also change

the spell lowers the targets fortitude save as if their fortitude save were one level lower per caster level above the minimum caster level for this spell.

To this

the spell lowers the targets fortitude save as if their fortitude save were one plus one level lower per caster level above the minimum caster level for this spell.

knightsaline
2007-08-18, 10:21 PM
What normally happens if a Save is negative? treat it as if the target had a Save bonus of 0. If that does not sound realistic, the DM may be sadistic and say "right, regdar has a Will penalty of -1," meaning that if he has to roll a will save, the negative number acts as a penalty.

The reason why I made it so that the target uses their modified Save is that the powers/magic partially affects the target. if they make the save, then it is negated. I should edit it so that BBEGs don't spam Mental Disruption. I should make it so that the lowering of saves happens gradually, instead of one big drop from 5 to 0 in one spell. How about this;

"when the spell is cast and the target fails their save, the save is gradually lowered 1 point for every 1d4 rounds."

also;

"these spells cannot be maximized, empowered, or any other metamagic effect except silenced, quickened, stilled or mindlessly"

Now for the metamagic feat

Mindless spell
you have learnt how to cast spells that normally require you to think about them without a thought.
Benefit: when you apply this feat to any spell with the Me component, you may ignore the Me component. A mindless spell takes up a slot 2 levels higher than normal

another probelm is that I can't think of what level these spells should be. 7th level sound alright?