PDA

View Full Version : Spell or feat to Negate Critical hit as an immediate action

Yogibear41
2017-10-28, 07:24 PM
Is there a spell or feat that can be used to negate a critical hit on another character as an immediate action?

For example, Character A is struck by an attack that confirms a critical hit, character B uses X to turn the critical hit into just a normal hit as an immediate action.

If character B could use X on him/herself as well that would be a bonus.

A class ability would work as well.

Arbane
2017-10-28, 11:51 PM
Pathfinder has Divine Interference (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/divine-interference), which forces an attack to reroll with a penalty. Negates a crit about 8 times out of 10.

Yogibear41
2017-10-28, 11:56 PM
Playing 3.5 so not sure if DM will let me use this or not, but if he does this will work nicely.

Endarire
2017-10-29, 12:02 AM
3.5 has the Sor2-only spell of wings of cover (Races of the Dragon). It totally negates one directed ability on a subject.

Anxe
2017-10-29, 12:04 AM
The Alter Fortune forces a reroll on any roll as an immediate action. Costs 200xp though.

heavyfuel
2017-10-29, 10:04 AM
There's a feat from a Dragon Magazine #292, pg 114, called Avoid Critical Hit. Basically you make a Tumble check vs the crit confirmation roll. If you pass, you negate the crit. No action needed

Also, a Crusader can use Shield Block to add hefty bonus to the AC of an adjacent ally

As far as class abilities go, both Warforged Juggernaut and Warshaper have class abilities that negate critical hit and Fatespinner can force re-rolls as an immediate action, but it's not guaranteed

Yogibear41
2017-10-31, 12:23 PM
For the sake of completeness:

I found that a Squire of Legend who chooses Sunyartra can negate a critical hit on an ally, but not himself up to three times per day.

Bronk
2017-10-31, 01:08 PM
I think you're looking for the luck feats from Complete Scoundrel. The 'Good Karma' feat especially matches what you're looking for.

ShurikVch
2017-10-31, 03:20 PM
Advantageous Avoidance - [luck] feat in Complete Scoundrel - allow to expend one luck reroll as an immediate action to force a foe to reroll a critical hit confirmation roll made when attacking you; or two luck rerolls - to force a foe to reroll an attack roll made against you