PDA

View Full Version : Favored Enemy question

TheElfLord
2007-08-16, 09:59 PM
I was looking at the SRD at the ranger's favored enemy list and didn't see lycanthrothopes or shape changers on the list. Would either of these be an availible choice for a ranger?

Arbitrarity
2007-08-16, 10:10 PM
Lycanthorpes are always Humanoid (race, Shapechanger). You could ask for a housrule on Humanoid (Shapechanger) being a valid favored enemy, but otherwise, no, as the text on ranger says "From the table" specifically.

Jasdoif
2007-08-16, 10:11 PM
Lycanthorpes are always Humanoid (race, Shapechanger). You could ask for a housrule on Humanoid (Shapechanger) being a valid favored enemy, but otherwise, no, as the text on ranger says "From the table" specifically.Lycanthropes can also be Giants.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-16, 10:13 PM
Ah, right. I'm reading the examples :smalleek:

Eeevil examples. Remember kids: The truth is not in the examples. The truth is in the template, the true truth, the whole truth, and mostly the truth, if we discount errata.

Jasdoif
2007-08-16, 10:17 PM
Yes, always read the text for details like this. You can't trust the examples to cover everything, they're ebil like that.

Anyway, unless the setting includes prolific lycanthropy, I would advise against taking (or making) a house-ruled Lycanthrope favored enemy. It's simply too narrow to hope to get use out of.