PDA

View Full Version : Optimization I remember seeing a DPR king thread a while back.

Klorox
2017-10-29, 08:35 PM
Any updates with the new races available? SCAG?

Vaz
2017-10-30, 09:20 AM
I'd be surprised if any new race topped the Half Elven accuracy feat for DPR. SCAG had been out for a while IIRC for the last one.

Easy_Lee
2017-10-30, 10:49 AM
In general, Sharpshooter CBE fighters and GWM Half-orc barbarians top the ranged and melee DPR charts respectively. But XGtE could throw everything off, especially given the coming racial feats. So it's best to wait and see.

Cl0001
2017-10-30, 12:54 PM
I believe if you allow multiple books to be used and if you allow UA to be used, then a fallen aasimar oath of conquest paladin might top one round damage for melee builds. At level 20, with 20 strength, 20 charisma, a +3 greatsword, magic initiate and GWM you can really churn out damage. Doing this correctly, you’ll have 3 Attacks per round, possibly 4 if you crit once, they’ll be frightened of you, and this taking damage for being frightened.
For the totals I’ll be looking at max damage possible assuming max damage is rolled with crits. Additionally we have had a few rounds to prepare and the enemy will be a demon.

So, the enemy will get crit 4 times with a +3 greatsword using a max level smite for an additional 5d8 damage. Additionally we will have used our racial ability for +20 to all melee damage and we are concentrating on hex for an additional 1d6 damage. We also took the -5/+10 Of GWM. So each attack does: 4d6+ 10d8+ 2d6+ 28
Totaling: 144 damage per attack
Then you multiply by 4 for 576 damage.
Finally you add another 10 for it being afraid while close to you. So 586 is the max I can think of. If I can add other, more rare and powerful magic items it can increase. I think this’ll be the new max, but I don’t know all the rules behind what you were looking at. What items do we get,

Klorox
2017-10-30, 02:16 PM
In general, Sharpshooter CBE fighters and GWM Half-orc barbarians top the ranged and melee DPR charts respectively. But XGtE could throw everything off, especially given the coming racial feats. So it's best to wait and see.

Are the racial feats confirmed?

Easy_Lee
2017-10-30, 03:10 PM
Are the racial feats confirmed?

None in particular, but the section will be in the book.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?539778-Xanathar-s-Guide-to-Everything-Table-of-contents

Matticusrex
2017-10-30, 08:46 PM
Now if only people would stop using the dpr list for balance discussions. Control mages are the true kings of combat :D

Klorox
2017-10-30, 09:11 PM
Now if only people would stop using the dpr list for balance discussions. Control mages are the true kings of combat :D

I wholeheartedly agree.

But It’s fun to theorycraft. Plus, I like to be good when I’m playing a tank.

Wizards are by far my favorite class, god-wizard types like treantmonk talks about.