PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help with spells

Westhart
2017-10-30, 09:47 AM
So I am using a homebrew healer rework (this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?133118-Retooling-the-Healer-(Heal-it!-Heal-it!-No-one-wants-to-be-defeated!))) and here is the important part:

Advanced Learning: At 3rd level and every four levels after that, a healer can add a new spell to her list, representing the result of personal study and experimentation. The spell must be a cleric or druid spell of the abjuration, conjuration (healing) or transmutation schools, and of a level no higher than that of the highest spell level the healer already knows. Once a new spell is selected, it is forever added to that healer’s spell list and can be cast just like any other spell on the healer’s list.

So, with this ability what would you take spell wise? For reference I have included the Healer's spell list

0—create water, cure minor wounds, deathwatch, detect magic, detect poison, guidance*, light, mending, purify food and drink, read magic, resistance*, virtue*
1st—bless*, bless water, blessed aim*, calm animals*, conviction*, cure light wounds, endure elements*, goodberry, halt animal*, healthful rest*, incite*, inhibit*, lesser vigor*, longstrider*, omen of peril*, protection from chaos*, protection from evil, protection from law*, remove fear, remove paralysis, resurgence*, sanctuary, shield of faith*, whelm*
2nd— aid*, barkskin*, bear’s endurance*, bull’s strength*, calm emotions*, cure moderate wounds, close wounds, delay poison, divine protection*, eagle’s splendor*, enthrall*, gentle repose, halt undead*, healing lorecall*, lesser restoration, lesser spell immunity*, make whole*, owl’s wisdom*, protection from negative energy*, remove blindness/deafness, remove disease, resist energy*, shield other*, status, whelming blast*
3rd—create food and water, cure serious wounds, dispel magic*, grace*, hold person*, inevitable defeat*, magic vestment*, mantle of chaos*, mantle of good*, mantle of law*, mass aid*, mass conviction*, mass lesser vigor*, mass resist energy*, mass resurgence*, neutralize poison, prayer*, protection from energy*, remove curse, restoration, vigor*, wind wall*
4th—contingent energy resistance*, cure critical wounds, death ward, delay death, freedom of movement, greater resistance, last breath*, mass aid*, mass cure light wounds, mass shield of faith*, panacea, positive energy aura*, recitation*, reincarnate*, rejuvenation cocoon*, revenance*, sheltered vitality*, spell immunity*, wall of chaos*, wall of good*, wall of law*
5th—atonement, break enchantment, dance of the unicorn*, divine agility*, greater vigor*, mass cure moderate wounds, mass whelm*, raise dead, revivify, spell resistance*, stalwart pact*, stoneskin*, stone to flesh, true seeing
6th—energy immunity*, greater dispel magic*, greater restoration, heal, heroes’ feast, hold monster*, mass bear’s endurance*, mass bull’s strength*, mass cure serious wounds, mass eagle’s splendor*, mass owl’s wisdom*, rejection*,revive outsider*, superior resistance*, vigorous circle*, regenerate, repel wood*, tortoise shell*
7th—aura of vitality*, mass cure critical wounds, mass hold person*, mass restoration*, mass spell resistance*, overwhelm*, renewal pact*, repulsion, resurrection
8th—antimagic field*, cloak of chaos*, death pact*, discern location, greater spell immunity*, holy aura , mass death ward*, mass heal, repel metal or stone*, shield of law*
9th—antipathy*, foresight, mass hold monster*, sympathy*, true resurrection, unyielding roots*
*: spells not on the original Healer list.

Note: I have sorcerer casting as well, if it matters.

GilesTheCleric
2017-10-30, 10:05 PM
Looks like the list lacks some utility, BFC, and blasting. Here's a selection of things to patch up the holes from the Cleric list. Also, note you can probably cast Sanctified spells if you're Good, which opens up a lot of nice utility. Let me know if you're not sure why I chose some of these.

Knight's Move Spell Compendium 129
Wind Walk Player's Handbook v.3.5 302
Surge of Fortune Complete Champion 128
Stone Body Spell Compendium 207
Spell Phylactery Player's Guide to Faerûn 113
Soul of Light Dragon Magic 73
Memory Jar Drag342 54
Incarnation of Set Drag313 90
Lahm's Finger Darts Book of Vile Darkness 98
Thorn Spray Player's Guide to Faerûn 115
Ice Flowers Spell Compendium 119
Holy Transformation, Lesser Spell Compendium 116
Giant Vermin Player's Handbook v.3.5 235
Favor of Yathaghera Silver Marches Web
Etherealness, Swift Player's Handbook II 113
Etherealness Player's Handbook v.3.5 228
Erupt Serpent Kingdoms 155
Enlarge Person Player's Handbook v.3.5 226
Earth Reaver Spell Compendium 75
Dominate Vermin Drow of the Underdark 61
Channel Celestial Book of Exalted Deeds 94
Channel Greater Celestial Book of Exalted Deeds 94
Air Walk Player's Handbook v.3.5 196Antilife Shell Player's Handbook v.3.5 199
Chain Dispel Player's Handbook II 105
Dampen Magic Complete Champion 118
Dimensional Anchor Player's Handbook v.3.5 221
Dimensional Lock Player's Handbook v.3.5 221
Forbiddance Player's Handbook v.3.5 232
Glory of the Martyr Player's Guide to Faerûn 103
Hand of the Faithful Spell Compendium 109
Magic Circle Against Evil Player's Handbook v.3.5 249
Mystic Aegis Player's Handbook II 120
Nondetection Player's Handbook v.3.5 257
Redirect Spell Shining South 48
Sanctuary, Mass Spell Compendium 179
Stifle Spell Player's Handbook II 126
Symbol of Spell Loss Spell Compendium 218
Tyche's Touch Lost Empires of Faerûn 35
Segojan's Armor http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20041117a -Monstrous Regeneration Magic of Faerûn 109
Remove Addiction Book of Exalted Deeds 105
Tree Healing, Lesser http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20041117a -

Westhart
2017-10-31, 07:48 AM
Here's what I decided to use:
3: Tyche's Touch
7: Magic Circle Against Evil
11: Surge of Fortune
15: Wind Walk
19: Erupt

Thanks for the help!

GilesTheCleric
2017-10-31, 07:58 PM
Here's what I decided to use:
3: Tyche's Touch
7: Magic Circle Against Evil
11: Surge of Fortune
15: Wind Walk
19: Erupt

Thanks for the help!

Welcome. I checked your sig only after posting, so I must apologise for not knowing your system mastery and assuming it was lower. Erupt is fun ^^

Did you dress as an american witch for halloween?

Rebel7284
2017-10-31, 08:44 PM
No more gate? I guess that's sort of a fair trade for the first 17 levels being better.

Thurbane
2017-10-31, 09:27 PM
Here's a list of spells I'd consider throwing on the Healer's list (some might already be there and I've doubled up):

0 Styptic
1 Delay Disease
1 Faith Healing
1 Healthful Rest
1 Lesser Vigor
1 Touch Of Jorasco
2 Conduit Of Life
2 Ease Pain
2 Estanna's Stew
2 Hydrate
2 Remove Addiction
2 Shared Healing
2 Stabilize
3 Healthful Slumber
3 Insignia of Healing
3 Mass Lesser Vigor
3 Refreshment
3 Remove Nausea
3 Vigor
4 Blood of the Martyr
4 Healing Surf
4 Positive Energy Aura
5 Darts Of Life
5 Energetic Healing
5 Greater Vigor
5 Monstrous Regeneration
5 Rejuvenation Cocoon
5 Warding Gems
6 Revive Outsider
6 Vigorous Circle
7 Fortunate Fate
7 Renewal Pact
8 Detoxify
8 Mass Restoration

Westhart
2017-10-31, 09:47 PM
Welcome. I checked your sig only after posting, so I must apologise for not knowing your system mastery and assuming it was lower. Erupt is fun ^^

Did you dress as an american witch for halloween?
Ah, no problem
No, I dressed as a sorceress using the avatar I use to base it off of. :P Did you dress up as a cleric? :P

No more gate? I guess that's sort of a fair trade for the first 17 levels being better.
Yeah, I liked it, but it isn't my 'brew.

Here's a list of spells I'd consider throwing on the Healer's list (some might already be there and I've doubled up):

0 Styptic
1 Delay Disease
1 Faith Healing
1 Healthful Rest
1 Lesser Vigor
1 Touch Of Jorasco
2 Conduit Of Life
2 Ease Pain
2 Estanna's Stew
2 Hydrate
2 Remove Addiction
2 Shared Healing
2 Stabilize
3 Healthful Slumber
3 Insignia of Healing
3 Mass Lesser Vigor
3 Refreshment
3 Remove Nausea
3 Vigor
4 Blood of the Martyr
4 Healing Surf
4 Positive Energy Aura
5 Darts Of Life
5 Energetic Healing
5 Greater Vigor
5 Monstrous Regeneration
5 Rejuvenation Cocoon
5 Warding Gems
6 Revive Outsider
6 Vigorous Circle
7 Fortunate Fate
7 Renewal Pact
8 Detoxify
8 Mass Restoration

Hmm, those should be on the list, unfortunately it isn't my 'brew :smalltongue:

GilesTheCleric
2017-11-01, 05:57 PM
Ah, no problem

What other party members do you have?

I dressed up as the me I'd like to be, so yes, as a Cleric! I guess my Rob Zombie reference didn't work.

Westhart
2017-11-01, 08:27 PM
Mostly melee, and a wizard.

[Fac Palm] Missed it completely XP