PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with multiclass spell slots

Klorox
2017-10-31, 09:19 AM
I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

I have a cleric 1/wizard 3.

My character has a 16 INT and a 14 WIS.

I am under the impression that I have 3 cleric and 3 wizard cantrips known.

I have a total of any three 1st level cleric spells prepared (WIS modifier (2) + cleric level (1)), plus my two domain spells.

I have a total of any six 1st or 2nd level wizard spells prepared (INT modifier (3) + wizard level (3)).

I have four 1st, and three 2nd level slots to cast my spells. These can be used, if I choose, to "up cast" a 1st level cleric spell, even if I haven't acquired 2nd level cleric spells.

Do I have this right? I've never actually multiclassed two spellcasting classes.

Thanks!

DivisibleByZero
2017-10-31, 09:32 AM
I have four 1st, and three 2nd level slots to cast my spells. These can be used, if I choose, to "up cast" a 1st level cleric spell, even if I haven't acquired 2nd level cleric spells.

Do I have this right? I've never actually multiclassed two spellcasting classes.

Thanks!

You got it.
And on your next level up you'll get 3rd level slots, but because you don't have any 3rd level spells prepared (and don't even know any) you won't be able to do anything with those slots except upcast your 1st level Cleric spells or 1st/2nd level Wizard spells.

greenstone
2017-10-31, 09:37 PM
Do I have this right?

You have, and that's pretty rare. Multiclass casting is often misunderstood. Good on you.

As an aside, don't forget that a Wizard also has the ability to ritually cast any spell in your Wizard spellbook (i.e. not Cleric spells) as a ritual.

Klorox
2017-10-31, 09:51 PM
You have, and that's pretty rare. Multiclass casting is often misunderstood. Good on you.

As an aside, don't forget that a Wizard also has the ability to ritually cast any spell in your Wizard spellbook (i.e. not Cleric spells) as a ritual.

Awesome, thank you so much.

DivisibleByZero
2017-11-01, 05:20 AM

Only rituals. Not any spell. And only if he could cast it normally with slots, because he can't add it to his book of is higher level than he could cast.