PDA

View Full Version : Alt Capstones

8wGremlin
2017-10-31, 02:08 PM
I don’t have many campaigns that get to this level. And I must admit some of the capstone features I find very dull , or not interesting for the character I have in mind or my concept.

So question is.

What if you could pick any classes capstone ability as you capstone?
(EDIT: If you don't have the feature - you don't gain the benefit of the capstone)

What would you choose and why?

And what issues will arise?

Eragon123
2017-10-31, 02:12 PM
Isn't the answer always moon druid? Or maybe one of the Paladin auras.

sithlordnergal
2017-10-31, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I would go with either the Oath of the Ancients capstone, or the Archdruid. Though Archdruid really depends on if you gain the Wild Shape ability when you get the capstone, or if you have to get it from somewhere else.

As for why, both abilities are perfect for tanking and dealing damage. The Oath of the Ancients has the added effect of regenerating health, and forcing disadvantage on spell saves.

AshLake
2017-10-31, 02:23 PM
Arch druid ability all the way, infinite health ahoy!

8wGremlin
2017-10-31, 02:36 PM
So if you don't have the feature - you don't gain the benefit of the capstone.

Naanomi
2017-10-31, 02:53 PM
I could see people picking Barbarian sometimes

Kane0
2017-10-31, 03:22 PM
Barbarian and fighter capstones are both great to throw on something like a Valor Bard, War Cleric, Bladelock, etc
Rogue capstone is useful all around, i'm sure there would be a couple builds that would want it. Maybe casters that have trouble with concentration or dispel/counter checks?
Wizard capstone on an EK or AT would be pretty nice

lunaticfringe
2017-10-31, 05:09 PM
Barbarian and fighter capstones are both great to throw on something like a Valor Bard, War Cleric, Bladelock, etc
Rogue capstone is useful all around, i'm sure there would be a couple builds that would want it. Maybe casters that have trouble with concentration or dispel/counter checks?
Wizard capstone on an EK or AT would be pretty nice

I'd sacrifice a goat to Azuth to get Spell Mastery on an EK or AT, Sig Spell eh...

Kane0
2017-10-31, 05:12 PM
Still, think of the Short Rest Haste...

lunaticfringe
2017-10-31, 05:23 PM
Still, think of the Short Rest Haste...

Oh I have.

When the spell ends, the target can’t move or take actions until after its next turn, as a wave of lethargy sweeps over it.

Funny how abusers tend to get Dispelled at the most inopportune time.

But yeah it's still solid I just like the Lv18 a bit more.