PDA

View Full Version : Turning Smite Good into Something Useful

ATHATH
2017-10-31, 03:37 PM
Are there any feats, class features, items, etc. that I can use to spend or convert uses of Smite Good on/into something not-terrible?

ATHATH
2017-10-31, 04:25 PM
Afaik, this is all you can replace it with:
- eternal order sub levels offer corpsestrike instead of smite, lets you ignore dr of undead. lasts min/lvl
- hunter of fiends acf for favored enemy and track
- holy judge sub level for favored enemy
- and if you happen to be a half-orc, theres the sub levels for it, gives you righteous fury, for bonus attack/dmg.

The feat from smite to song is ok. theres a sub level for the paladin to get inspire courage +1 as well, harmonious knight.. a req for the feat too I suppose.
Well, I was talking about the Blackguard's Smite Good class feature, not the Paladin's Smite Evil class feature.

Thanks for trying to help, though.

Darrin
2017-10-31, 06:55 PM
Shield of Mercy (2170 GP, MIC). Convert unused smites into healing.

ATHATH
2017-10-31, 10:59 PM
Shield of Mercy (2170 GP, MIC). Convert unused smites into healing.
Yeah, this could work.

Anything else?

Yogibear41
2017-10-31, 11:25 PM
As a fan of ANTI-Paladins myself, I feel your pain, when I'm constantly in evil vs evil scenarios and my smites are uselss :smallannoyed:

Strength of conviction is a feat in Exemplars of Evil that lets you sacrifice a smite to essentially smite anything, but you only gain the damage bonus not the to hit bonus.

The wording is kind of funny though on if you can sacrifice several uses each day to get several pseudo smites, some people say you can only use it 1/day, in which case its pretty terrible IMO. Its really not that great even if you can use its X/day where X is the number of smites you have.

Thurbane
2017-10-31, 11:31 PM
Strength of Conviction feat (EoE): turns a smite good (or smite evil) into what is, effectively, smite any alignment. Not sure how useful it would be for OP, though.

Yogibear41
2017-10-31, 11:32 PM
Strength of Conviction feat (EoE): turns a smite good (or smite evil) into what is, effectively, smite any alignment. Not sure how useful it would be for OP, though.

I see as I was Mid-Edit Thurbane beat me to the punch.

I personally think the "each day" bit means that you don't have to permanently sacrifice it to gain the ability. If they wanted it used only once per day that would have said "once per day" like pretty much every other ability that is "once per day". But that is just my opinion.