PDA

View Full Version : Evil Tyranny of Dragons Campaign

GreyBlack
2017-10-31, 06:56 PM
Hey guys! Looking for help with a brainstorm real quick.

So I'm finishing up the first 3 chapters of the Tyranny of Dragons module with my group; everything is running well but we're going to move to running a different campaign after we're finished with this chapter (we have 2 DM's in this group, myself being one of them).

The other DM in the group is looking to keep things more in line with AL rules, but I've always kind of balked under those constraints; they don't allow for the type of storytelling that I'm really skilled at from previous editions. So, in an effort to keep things fresh for myself and my group (they've never run an evil campaign), I want to try and run the Tyranny of Dragons module, but from the point of view of the Cult of the Dragon. So the PC's would play through the sacking of Greenest and the camp as happened in the campaign (my PC's during the original campaign attempted to infiltrate the camp, and then wound up escaping by starting a prisoner revolt to save at least some of the prisoners).

However, I'm running into trouble with the third module; it really feels like they cannot actually enter into the Dragon Hatchery to confront the PC's just yet. I'd probably prefer to use that as a Chapter 8 or beyond confrontation. Does anyone have any recommendations for what type of dungeon I could run parallel to the Dragon Hatchery campaign? One of my ideas could be to enter the lair of Lennithon to negotiate for more aid, but are there any other ideas I could use?

the_brazenburn
2017-11-01, 10:05 AM
Hmmm...
I've always enjoyed Tyranny of Dragons. I play it around Christmas (I don't know why) and it was the first module I every played. So, ideas for an evil campaign.

1. An attempt to get back to Greenest to punish them for their idiocy in sending people to the camp.
2. Assassination of Ontharr Frume.
3. Secure the aid of Blathogkus for use of the Skyreach Castle. This will both give them an active hand in the storyline, and an advantage farther along, as they'll know the layout of Skyreach when they hunt down the infiltrators later on.