PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Armies

Jimmy Discordia
2007-08-17, 07:53 AM
I just picked up a copy of the second-edition core book for Unknown Armies, and I just have to say: wow. I wish I'd discovered this years ago. The way that magic (the game spells it 'magick', but I'm not feeling quite that pretentious today) works is awesome, the sanity system seems really well-done, and the setting and concept are just brilliant.

I searched through the archives and found a couple of threads about it, so I know there are at least a few people on these boards who play, or have played, UA. The question I couldn't find an answer to is: how does the system work, in practice? The rules seem simple and elegant when I read through the book, but I'm not very good at judging things like that until I've actually tried them out. I'm in love with the setting, but I need to know if it's worth possibly putting together a group to play this, or if I would be better off adapting the setting to another system.

Also, does anyone know of any online groups that play this? I don't feel qualified to GM a system until I've played it for a little while - I started out as a DM when I first picked up D&D, but I was pretty terrible at it. And I don't know anyone around Philly who plays (PM me if you do).