PDA

View Full Version : Help with character selection

DyslexicKunt
2017-11-01, 09:38 AM
My dm is letting us start at level 10 and I want to be a tank. Im a warforged I have 5 levels in dungeon crasher and 2 in warforged dreadnuat. What should I put my 3 levels in?

Telonius
2017-11-01, 09:57 AM
One of the three levels should be Fighter, to get the Dungeon Crasher benefits doubled. After that, I'd suggest Warblade or Crusader (if Tome of Battle is allowed).

CharonsHelper
2017-11-01, 10:00 AM
3.5 only - or is Pathfinder allowed?

fredg742
2017-11-01, 10:03 AM
My favorite Warforged was a monk/paladin into Argent Fist (From Faiths of Eberron-Silver Flame PrC) At 2nd, or 3rd lvl of AF you get your monk AC and Wisdom to AC while wearing heavy armor. All three count for some monk abilities and paladin abilities. Only down sides are that it is not a full BAB class, no Flurry of blows (trade it for Decisive Strike), no fast movement and no paladin spell casting advancement (I took the extra feat at 4th (and every 4th lvl) lvl in place of spell casting. A Battle fist (or a pair for options) improves your slam and unarmed attack by one size cat. My guy is now 19th lvl hitting for 6d8+Str dmg per hit with a 54 AC (He is also large due to having taken over the advanced body of the Lord of Blades after defeating him and taking over a mobile fortress.) Take extra slam feat and Jaws of death equals a lot of attacks for a lot of dmg.

Mike Miller
2017-11-01, 10:20 AM
My dm is letting us start at level 10 and I want to be a tank. Im a warforged I have 5 levels in dungeon crasher and 2 in warforged dreadnuat. What should I put my 3 levels in?

If you aren't set in stone with the build, I have a crusader 10 in a campaign right now that is an excellent tank. As long as ToB is allowed, you are good. It has been a lot of fun