PDA

View Full Version : BM Fighter(Tunnel) + Rogue...Does this work or just theory?

youtellatale
2017-11-01, 01:32 PM
Anyone considered this combination? Without having to use your reaction to get the opportunity attacks you can (potentially) get tons of opportunities for sneak attack.

So you would get great AC and the ability to have lots of opportunity attacks. Fight starts and you wade into a crowd of enemies, attack w/ Sneak Attack, Bonus Action to enter your Defensive Stance then wait for your chance. Partner this with Sentinel for more chances for your opportunity attack and suddenly you're dealing lots of damage relatively early on right?

Am I missing something or is this somewhat viable (though likely not optimal - would think it depends on party makeup).

Thoughts?

Khrysaes
2017-11-02, 09:08 AM
It would work that way. Would also increase power of a swash with their 1v1 SA capability.

Also consider vengeance paladin 7. And pole arm mastery(doesn't work with rogue). Giving more opportunity attack chances, and movement after each. Bugbear will increase reach, so will whip(works w rogue, not pole arm mastery). And since you are using UA toss in a level of mystic for the giant form discipline, for 5ft more reach, and enlarge once or twice per long rest(more reach). With bugbear and reach weapon, your attack range is a 7 by 7 square, 9×9 enlarged. I think more mounted. And you attack and stop enemies when they enter your reach. And move afterwards.

Easy_Lee
2017-11-02, 09:23 AM
Enlarged bugbear rogue with a level of fighter for the fighting style and a whip is all you need. Tunnel Fighter lets you make an opportunity attack any time someone moves more than five feet while within your reach. Use your bonus action to enter the stance each turn, and just wait for creatures to move. You can whip all of them. Combine with Sentinel to freeze them in place, or don't combine with Sentinel and instead just whip them multiple times whenever they move. Get someone to cast greater invisibility on you so you also have advantage and they can't see you.

I'm sure your DM will love you and won't throw a bunch of casters and archers at the group.

DarkKnightJin
2017-11-02, 09:49 AM
Enlarged bugbear rogue with a level of fighter for the fighting style and a whip is all you need. Tunnel Fighter lets you make an opportunity attack any time someone moves more than five feet while within your reach. Use your bonus action to enter the stance each turn, and just wait for creatures to move. You can whip all of them. Combine with Sentinel to freeze them in place, or don't combine with Sentinel and instead just whip them multiple times whenever they move. Get someone to cast greater invisibility on you so you also have advantage and they can't see you.

I'm sure your DM will love you and won't throw a bunch of casters and archers at the group.

You forgot to put that last bit in blue. Just FYI.

I thought about a Fighter or Paladin that used the Tunnel Fighter style with Sentinel and a polearm for giggles. I thought in advance about it being pretty useless against ranged baddies, though. So I abandoned the idea.

But if you wanna grab Fighter/Rogue and go nuts with this.. Be our guest. Be our guest. Put our service to the test.