PDA

View Full Version : Tempest Loremaster

Quoz
2017-11-01, 02:55 PM
I'm looking at mixing the UA Loremaster Wizard's ability to change spell damage type at will and the Tempest cleric's ability to maximize thunder and lightning damage. While I'm not sure in the long run it adds a lot over some of the other options with a more narrow spell list, I think it would be fun to change inflict wounds into a supersonic punch or to start a mob encounter with a fireball turned into a maximized sonic boom.

Obviously the build requires Wizard 2, Cleric 2, and sets the school and domain. But where do I go from there? do I stick mostly with wizard for the better elemental spells and get a mile-long lightning bolt at wizard 6? Push cleric for the second channel divinity? keep them roughly even? Dip a third class for some easy pick up?

Looking more for low to mid level playability than a level 20 optimization.

xen
2017-11-10, 05:28 PM
Take "God" all the way to 20 after that.

felipeeefl
2018-07-10, 11:11 AM
I'm looking at mixing the UA Loremaster Wizard's ability to change spell damage type at will and the Tempest cleric's ability to maximize thunder and lightning damage. While I'm not sure in the long run it adds a lot over some of the other options with a more narrow spell list, I think it would be fun to change inflict wounds into a supersonic punch or to start a mob encounter with a fireball turned into a maximized sonic boom.

Obviously the build requires Wizard 2, Cleric 2, and sets the school and domain. But where do I go from there? do I stick mostly with wizard for the better elemental spells and get a mile-long lightning bolt at wizard 6? Push cleric for the second channel divinity? keep them roughly even? Dip a third class for some easy pick up?

Looking more for low to mid level playability than a level 20 optimization.

I know I'm a bit late, but go wizard 18 and tempest cleric 2