PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Elemental [Outsider] Patron Warlock

PeteNutButter
2017-11-01, 03:28 PM
There are several homebrew versions of this thing going around, but why is this not a UA thing?

I'd totally sell my soul to an efreet or genie, (especially if it happened to be voiced by the late great Robin Williams).

Currently you can make a pact with a fiend, a fey, a GOO, an undead, and now celestial patron. What else is there aside from elementals? Dragons? Overdone, and walks on the sorcerer. What about high level aberrations (beholders!)? ...or maybe sphinxes?

What would most like to make a pact with, that you can't already?

Mortis_Elrod
2017-11-01, 03:39 PM
There are several homebrew versions of this thing going around, but why is this not a UA thing?

I'd totally sell my soul to an efreet or genie, (especially if it happened to be voiced by the late great Robin Williams).

Currently you can make a pact with a fiend, a fey, a GOO, an undead, and now celestial patron. What else is there aside from elementals? Dragons? Overdone, and walks on the sorcerer. What about high level aberrations (beholders!)? ...or maybe sphinxes?

Elementals top my list of things that should be patrons. Very Primordial forces of nature that kinda need a voice.

Others are:
Abberations
Constructs(The great machina)
Monstrosities/Beasts (slowly turning into a monster should be done by now, either barbarian or warlock)
Archmage
Dragon(with a different focus than the sorcerer, making it distinct)
A Proper Undead (i really dislike undying )
Plant
Ooze

Naanomi
2017-11-01, 03:56 PM
Genie/Elemental is top of my list, followed by shamanistic ‘nature spirit’

Laserlight
2017-11-01, 05:57 PM

Weyland Yutani Corporation

lunaticfringe
2017-11-01, 06:25 PM
Genies/Elemental Lords
Animal Lords from planescape
Law
Chaos

PeteNutButter
2017-11-01, 07:07 PM
Constructs(The great machina)... snip

I like the idea of having an Inevitable as a patron. Playing a LN warlock, heavy on the L.