PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 item - Wildshaper's Circlet - help me price it!

Malapterus
2017-11-01, 09:21 PM
I am working on a build that will be a Wildshape Ranger but will bail on that class at level 5. I need the Wildshape to take Warshaper & this seems to be the fastest way to meet the prerequisite without being a changeling.

Wildshape is a cool thing to abandon, though, especially since my prospective build gets multiple benefits from taking Abberation Wild Shape.

The idea is a magic item that allows all of the wildshaper's hit dice to count as druid levels in reference to the maximum hit dice of the creatures you can shape into.

It would not give you any other benefits of legitimate Druid levels; no huge or tiny creatures, no plants or elementals, no additional uses that you did not earn.

I am thinking the base object would be the 1500 gp jade circlet from the Shapechange spell. The spell itself might be Shapechange, though it could work with Polymorph as a more economical option.

Keeping in mind it requires an existing ability to Wild Shape, what do you all think this item is worth?

Alent
2017-11-02, 01:41 AM
I would reference the Monk's Belt as my example. Gain Wildshape 1/day as a 5th level Druid/Wildshape Ranger if you don't have it. If you do, your Wildshape HD limit for Druid/Wildshape Ranger treated as 5 levels higher (up to a limit of the character's own HD just to keep it from getting too crazy). If you have a way of casting Speak with Animals, you can use it to cast CL5 Speak with Animals at will. 13,000gp.

My first gut instinct was that'd be a bit cheap, but a CL 5 Beast Shape I 3/day item in PF is around 15,600... And that also grants a bite attack and Speak with animals 1/day (or at will if you have it per diem style) along with a bunch of other extra race specific stuff.