PDA

View Full Version : Player Help New Wizard Assistance Required: Spells / Items

Deox
2017-11-02, 09:44 AM
Hello all -

Starting a new character in a game that will feature a focus on story, mystery and horror. Decided to roll a wizard, focusing on Lore subclass. The character is to be portrayed with multiple personalities, each personality tying into a different "element" of the Lore wizard subclass. The multiple personality disorder, however, would actually be a ruse. The character is hiding / disguised for "plot" reasons.

Character would be coming in at 9th level, and while I've a good grasp and understanding of general wizardry (typically played lots of arcane in 3.5), I would like some help with spell selection, especially things that would be both thematic and useful for a cityscape environment. Typical wandering outside will happen too.

In addition, the DM has mentioned I would be allowed 2000 gold for spell components / supplies, etc. I would assume this would also cover the the cost of writing spells into the character's spell book. Assume extra gold needed for the scroll / access to the spell is not needed.

Each player was essentially also given a +1 weapon or armor (their choice). Since neither of these really fit for me, any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the Ring of Mind Shielding, as not only would it fit thematically, but is also a strong choice. Cloak of Displacement wouldn't hurt either, if I was caught on the wrong side of a pointy stick. Other typical uncommon to rare items that would be helpful? Assume I would only receive one such item.