PDA

View Full Version : Oots video game, could be possible?

Hikaru Echizen
2007-08-17, 10:17 AM
I know theres been lots of talking going on in the forums about a Oots movie but i havent heard anything about an Oots video game. it could be kind of like final fantasy where you control all six characters,but that might be a probelm ,so if there are any ideas post it in this thread .:elan: vs :redcloak: :smile:

Wolfman42666
2007-08-17, 10:21 AM
That'd be cool.
I don't think it'll happen any time soon though.
What would be awesome is if you could play either side, and then once you've done both you could play as the order of the rift.
That wouldn't happen for ages.
Not to mention the new rules being added.
(can't belive their gonna bring out forth edition before I even get NWN2:smallfrown:)

Shikton
2007-08-17, 12:26 PM
Could be done, and I imagine it best implemented in the KotOR engine. You have everyone to choose from, but run around with a party of 3 where you control one char at a time, and can easily switch between them.

Acyberexile
2007-08-17, 12:37 PM
It would probably be something like Icewind Dale. It would be hard to decide who will you play with otherwise :P

the_tick_rules
2007-08-18, 11:35 AM
i'd buy it, so someone make it.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-08-18, 01:19 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/abardam/stuff/ootsgame-13.swf
Been done.

PaladinFreak
2007-08-18, 03:56 PM
That's neat, but I think they were talking about a full game, not just a little flash thing. That is pretty cool though.

ozymand1as
2007-08-18, 11:14 PM
this is very, very possible. and we can help make it. right now, there are rpg makers (open-source, so it's free) online for download. just google open source rpg maker. if you want an rts however, i would recomend making a glest mod. glest is a free open source rts. it is quite good, and because it is open source, you can mod it in any way, including introducing the PCs and creating armies of goblins.

note: to use either of these, you need to have mad skills

Accountant
2007-08-18, 11:42 PM
;3056068']http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/abardam/stuff/ootsgame-13.swf
Been done.

Okay, so is there anyone who's beaten the beholder so far? I got pretty close with Roy, but, you know...

The_Hunting_Enemy
2007-08-18, 11:43 PM
I'd love to have an MMO, but it would go down the pooper. (But think of how easy character customisation would be? The options would be limitless!) and I mean a 2D isometric style one.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-19, 12:07 AM
WOW! Best flash game I've ever played, probably just 'cuz I'm a huge OotS fan, but still.

Belkar and Miko seem surprisingly weak... Thog hits hard and has a rage meter that makes him tougher as he gets hurt... but Roy and Haley seem to be the toughest. If you are moving while you attack with them, Roy uses a HUGELY powerful lunge and Haley shoots arrows long range.

The_Hunting_Enemy
2007-08-19, 12:16 AM
There's a version 15 now, actually. It has potions and health regeneration.

I'm working on a Joke Screenshot for a OoTS MMO. Will edit or post when finished.

Edit: A rushed job, but I find it funny.
http://www.maj.com/gallery/mookaw/Misc/oots_mmo.png

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-19, 01:00 AM
Just won as Roy, there's no big finish or anything, the beholder dies and that's that. Still fun, though.

Wolfman42666
2007-08-19, 05:52 AM
:smalleek: I can't get it to load help quick

I need to feed the addiction!!:smalleek:

Spiky
2007-08-19, 10:24 PM
Okay, so is there anyone who's beaten the beholder so far? I got pretty close with Roy, but, you know...

Get in close. Beholder has no short range attacks.

PlasticSoldier
2007-08-19, 11:13 PM
So after killing the beholder every troll and every goblin, what do you do?

Setra
2007-08-19, 11:23 PM
Bleh, mages keep spawning in with the beholder.

Edit: Bleh, I beat the Beholder but the last monster is glitched/gone. I can't find it.

Helios Sunshard
2007-08-20, 12:20 AM
Miko is strong, she can heal herself while killing hobos, just killed the beholder with her :smalltongue:

Making games is kinda time consuming, i liked the Rpg maker, but i lacked of creativity for my games or skill to make sprites and other graphical stuff. But it would be pretty funny, just a question: Tipical Rpg, action rpg, Rts or Baldur's gate style?

Will there be a thog mode?