PDA

View Full Version : Durkon and Going Home?

Gearsmith
2007-08-17, 10:37 AM
Since Durkon is returning home "posthumously," I assumed that meant he'd only see his home after death... but, I told ymself this morning, he's a DWARF!

The oracle didn't say "postdwarfulously," did he? Maybe now that Roy's been posthumized, Durkon will get to make a side trip. It wouldn't be the first time that an oracle has been correct but not accurate =)

jamroar
2007-08-17, 11:06 AM
Since Durkon is returning home "posthumously," I assumed that meant he'd only see his home after death... but, I told ymself this morning, he's a DWARF!

The oracle didn't say "postdwarfulously," did he? Maybe now that Roy's been posthumized, Durkon will get to make a side trip. It wouldn't be the first time that an oracle has been correct but not accurate =)

Posthumously has nothing to do with being human, it literally means "after having being buried (in soil)". I suppose a far shot could be that the OOTS will have to make their way to the Dwarven Lands via the Underdark after being trapped underground by a landslide or something, that's rather unlikely.

Acyberexile
2007-08-17, 12:43 PM
Durkon will not be going home, but that reminded me of another prophecy that hasn't been fullfilled yet. Belkar couldn't get to cause the death of Miko or her horse. Considering he hardly will get to cause the death of Roy (or maybe giving him the ring of jumping did cause his death?) he'll probably kill the oracle right? I think we can find out if the Oracle is completely accurate or not if that happens.

Goofy
2007-08-17, 01:31 PM
After Roy is resurrected they go back to the Oracle claiming the Oracle lied (about where Xykon's headed next) and Belkar kills the Oracle that time. Or the Oracle says Belkar did cause Roy's death, but meh.

the mysterian
2007-08-17, 02:00 PM
on the subject of durkons prediction, as we all know death means squat in the D&D universe. so dont expect durkons return to mean his end.

Ithekro
2007-08-17, 02:17 PM
Hmmm. Problem being there are two predictions on Durkon going home. Both are bad and relate to the same subject matter, going home. The other may be found in the "Origin of PCs" book.

thegreatmightynerd
2007-08-17, 02:22 PM
Belkar could still slash up V, could he not?

Fitzclowningham
2007-08-17, 03:30 PM
I think the oracle is a good guess. He's a kobold, and Belkar is hell on kobolds.

Wych
2007-08-18, 10:52 AM
If there is a loophole in Durkon's prophecy it is the fact that he asks how will he finally be going home. This could be interpreted as the last way in which he returns home, so if he returns to dwarven lands, comes back to human lands then dies and returns posthumously. It is a long shot and unlikely but hey ho.

Solo
2007-08-18, 11:11 AM
Belkar could still slash up V, could he not?

V has still to attain ultimate arcane power.

Its hard to kill someone after they've attained ultimate arcane power.

Actana
2007-08-18, 11:16 AM
V has still to attain ultimate arcane power.

Its hard to kill someone after they've attained ultimate arcane power.

But V asked "How to obtain?" not "Will I obtain?". So V is not fated to ultimate arcane power. This is how I remember it, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm too lazy to look it up.

Radar
2007-08-18, 11:19 AM
Durkon will not be going home, but that reminded me of another prophecy that hasn't been fullfilled yet. Belkar couldn't get to cause the death of Miko or her horse. Considering he hardly will get to cause the death of Roy (or maybe giving him the ring of jumping did cause his death?) he'll probably kill the oracle right? I think we can find out if the Oracle is completely accurate or not if that happens.
IMO Belkar did cause Roy's death - he gave him the ring of jumping. Without it Roy wouldn't end up falling from a burned zombie-dragon. Not directly, but still fits (and Oracle likes to meddle with meaning of questions).

the_tick_rules
2007-08-18, 11:31 AM
plus since when are prophecies not cryptic and vague?

Kish
2007-08-18, 11:43 AM
But V asked "How to obtain?" not "Will I obtain?". So V is not fated to ultimate arcane power. This is how I remember it, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm too lazy to look it up.
S/he asked, "How will I obtain?" emphasis mine.