PDA

View Full Version : 5e SRD - Can I legally copy, paste and sell?

Eric Diaz
2017-11-02, 03:13 PM
What it says on the tin.

IIRC the 5e SRD is different than the 3.x one. So, if I'm creating new settings, adventures, etc., can I CTRL+C CTRL+V stuff from 5e? Can I use only what WoTC decided to add to the SRD, or nothing at all? And so on.

Does the 3rd party stuff already published do this? I.e., do they use "Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again" or some synonym like "You can use this power once per short rest" or even "1/short rest"?

I like the shorter option TBH, but I will CTRL+C CTRL+V stuff to make it easier to understand and more "legit"; basically to make it more familiar to 5e players.

EDIT: Yes, I know no one here is my lawyer, but maybe you're familiar with "big " 3rd party stuff, which is good enough for me, or even published some stuff yourselves.

Thank you!

JNAProductions
2017-11-02, 03:16 PM
We're not allowed to give legal advice on the forum. I'd recommend going to an actual legal forum if you want answers.

Waterdeep Merch
2017-11-02, 03:34 PM
Check the OGL at the beginning of the SRD- https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/SRD-OGL_V1.1.pdf