PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Quick and easy build question for a super support-y Cleric of Desna

AnonymousPepper
2017-11-02, 03:16 PM
Building one such Cleric right now, for a Reign of Winter run, have a good stat array to be able to support both high WIS and high CHA. Going to be focusing very, very heavily on party support and spellcasting (for a psion, a mysterious stranger gunslinger [also a face], and a trip-focused guisarme warder) at the expense of just about everything else. And I've come to a bit of a conundrum, in that I'm presented with two very, very good options and I'm unsure which to take.

See, Desna's domains are incredible, of course. Luck and Liberation are two of the best domains in the game, and the absolute only flaw in taking both together is that they both have the same 4th level domain spell (although, that being Freedom of Movement, I can't really complain).

But you know what else is great? Evangelist. Bardic Music in a party that doesn't have a bard.

So I honestly cannot decide. Both Luck and Liberation have incredible powers, and Bardic Music is also incredible.

In my situation, what would y'all recommend/go for? In summary, I can choose two of the three between Bardic Music, Luck domain, and Liberation domain.

Serafina
2017-11-02, 04:38 PM
If you don't need the feats, and can wait until 7th level to get it, you could always use Variant Multiclassing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement/#Core_Classes) into Bard.

denthor
2017-11-02, 04:58 PM
I would look at travel domain.

AnonymousPepper
2017-11-02, 05:27 PM
If you don't need the feats, and can wait until 7th level to get it, you could always use Variant Multiclassing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement/#Core_Classes) into Bard.

Eugh, was never that much a fan of VMC anyway because of it eating the feats, but not getting Inspire Courage until, what, halfway through the AP, and then it being at a -4? Man, I dunno.

Geddy2112
2017-11-02, 05:56 PM
Luck is a stronger domain than liberation, and while liberation is strong a lot of the effects it targets are beaten by buff spells(freedom of movement) or become things the party is immune to/resistant against. Keep in mind going evangelist reduces a lot of your in combat ability to heal from losing channel dice and spontaneous heal spells.

You could always buff by taking devout pilgrim, allowing you to use your bit of luck from 30ft, which also allows you to use the liberation 1st level ability on your allies as well, which is a very strong option. You would trade out the 8th level liberation ability, but since you can now use the 1st level to quick spam freedom of movement, it beats everything but the fear effects...