PDA

View Full Version : Book Search: Undead Encyclopedia

Argent Hawk
2017-11-02, 05:27 PM
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. Im hoping you all can help me out.

A couple years ago, I ran across a PDF very similar to 'Atlas of the Walking Dead' for All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Except with a far bigger selection, then said book, of mostly undead/ghostly creatures.

I've been working on a homebrew system/world for 4 or 5 years now, with heavy emphasis on mythological creatures more of the DooM/horror variety (No griffins/Unicorns/ogres/etc). Google searching only brought me the Atlas.

I'm not sure what system it was for either, after so many years.
I appreciate any help you can lend.

snafuy
2017-11-06, 11:35 AM
You might need to be more specific. Are there any unique phrases or concepts that you remember from it?

Google says:

Encyclopedia of the Undead: A Field Guide to Creatures That Cannot Rest in Peace by Bob Curran
The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead by J. Gordon Melton

Argent Hawk
2017-11-07, 12:25 PM
Sorry, Im trying to be, but it's been so long it's a little fuzzy. Every thing in it is real world mythology/legend, and either ghosts, or undead, several where babies/mothers dying before or during child birth. Some creatures I remember from it are Pontianak, Vrykolakas, the Black Dog, a ghost baby that could transform into an Owl (don't remember the name), I believe an eastern legend about not answering your door after nightfall because of a sailers ghost.

All I remember is that it was for a D20 system, I believe modern, but don't quote me on that.

Honestly, it's a long shot with so little info, I know. I figured it was worth a shot though.