PDA

View Full Version : Best thrall for thrallerd

solooize
2017-11-02, 06:13 PM
What are some of the best thrall to use as a thrallerd? ( High lvl high cheese...I mean your already going thrallerd so it almost has to be epic lvl) thinking out of the box 😎

Easy picks
1.wizard (everyone knows why)
2.Bards ( more along the lines of lore Bard)

Not so easy ( but can be cheese)
1. Possessor ...buffs/control
2. Frenzied baserker ( this could hurt )
3. Symbiote master (http://secretsofthearchmages.net/Threads/WOTC/2008/D20%20Design%20-%20Theoritical%20Optimization/563976.html) not to mention you could symbiote the symbiote and metaconcert

What's your thought on thrall that could lay down some cheese...hoping for cheese cake cuz i Wana say sweet

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-11-02, 06:18 PM
It depends partially on the makeup of the group, but on a personal level, anything that can protect the thrallherd himself or increase his own effectiveness is always a good idea. If your base is non-erudite psion, ardent, wilder, or another primary manifester (which is most likely), a convert-spell-to-power erudite with as many powers and spells-as-powers known as possible, who has access to both psychic chirurgery and psychic reformation is probably the absolute best, as they can boost your number of powers known to (basically) all of them. Otherwise, a truly difficult to kill critter with a high offensive rating and some means of BFC is also a good idea. A half-troll hydra with access to a ToB initiator class is probably the best thing you could ever expect for a non-caster; otherwise, a well-rounded druid is a fantastic pick -- as it's basically three characters in one.

Rebel7284
2017-11-02, 06:39 PM
Some ideas:
- Another Thrallherd
- Incantatrix (widely expanded spell list is a plus)
- Artificer
- StP Erutide
- Archivist (easier status removal and raising dead, but less actually broken)

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-11-02, 06:50 PM
- Incantatrix (widely expanded spell list is a plus)Also make sure the incantatrix has lots of metamagic that segues well with your psionic manifestations, especially metamagic that doesn't have a metapsionic equivalent. After all, he can apply metamagic to your non-instantaneous effects, which makes for some potentially very interesting interactions.

DrKerosene
2017-11-03, 03:35 AM
A Bard/Dirgesinger might be good. Especially if you can get a "Revive Undead" spell or ability.

solooize
2017-11-03, 04:01 AM
Erudite is my favorite class
No healers?
I guess if you can just send them into die why ...right

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-11-03, 10:05 AM
Erudite is my favorite class
Not alot of healers thought of for this ..
I guess if you can just send them into die why ...rightUm...

What?

alothttp://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Calthropstu
2017-11-03, 05:54 PM
Pun-Pun.

The best thrall for a thrallherd is another thrallherd hands down. With all thralls being thrallherds, you get an army of about 30k.
Aside from that uber cheese, I'd suggest something that fills your gaps. An uber charger plus a crafter wizard would do great (remember, high lvl thrallherds get 2 thralls) or possibly a melee rogue build plus a cleric of some kind.