PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Online tools?

Westhart
2017-11-03, 10:26 AM
So, I just got back into running PbP recently, and was wondering what do you all use? I'd prefer not to use roll20, and have my NPC's all statted out over on myth-weavers, so what do you guys use? Specifically map wise? Thanks!

EDIT: I would prefer ones you didn't have to download, that way I can work with them on my (semi-)decent computer.

jimmywarlokk
2017-11-09, 12:41 PM
I have used 3d VTT by TapsOnFire on iPad but think they also have PC version. Maps viewed from top-down or isometric. DM only pays subscription model like roll20. Tokens on map look like cardboard mini-flats w plastic bases. Pretty cool but doesnt keep track w pc/npc stats, etc. Not even a dice roller or way to track conditions on tokens. Users have requested those features but recent chat in google hangouts subscribers are saying payments arent being accepted anymore. May be a dead project. Was good for the map only part of your question. Worth a look to see if it is still running.

Westhart
2017-11-09, 12:44 PM
I have used 3d VTT by TapsOnFire on iPad but think they also have PC version. Maps viewed from top-down or isometric. DM only pays subscription model like roll20. Tokens on map look like cardboard mini-flats w plastic bases. Pretty cool but doesnt keep track w pc/npc stats, etc. Not even a dice roller or way to track conditions on tokens. Users have requested those features but recent chat in google hangouts subscribers are saying payments arent being accepted anymore. May be a dead project. Was good for the map only part of your question. Worth a look to see if it is still running.

I'll give it a look, thanks!

Fri
2017-11-09, 01:13 PM
For Map, I just use google docs' drawing.

Have a map, upload it as picture, and open it in google draw or whatever it's called and set it as background. You then can add whatever moveable token you need, and share the document, and everyone can move the tokens around the background map. As a bonus, you can also easily doodle around.

If it's a simple map/game you don't even need the background map or token. Just draw simple map and draw silly doodle of your players and then you can move them around.

Westhart
2017-11-09, 01:31 PM
For Map, I just use google docs' drawing.

Have a map, upload it as picture, and open it in google draw or whatever it's called and set it as background. You then can add whatever moveable token you need, and share the document, and everyone can move the tokens around the background map. As a bonus, you can also easily doodle around.

If it's a simple map/game you don't even need the background map or token. Just draw simple map and draw silly doodle of your players and then you can move them around.

Now I feel sad that I never noticed you could do that XD