PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5] Favored Soul; Turn Undead?

Thurbane
2017-11-03, 02:24 PM
Hi all,

So I've got a FS NPC in my group. I want him to pick up turn or rebuke undead; problem is he's LN. This removes Sacred Exorcist as an option. Same with Knight of the Raven.

I don't want to Rule 0 the reqs for SE or KoTR, and I don't want to change the character's alignment.

Are there any other PrCs that could grant turn/rebuke without losing caster levels? Maybe feat combos?

Human FS 7. He was aiming for Church Inquisitor by ECL 9 originally.

Character has the Lost Tradition feat, and casts off Int; third party options will be considered.

Cheers - T

PrismCat21
2017-11-03, 05:32 PM
Well... I was going to suggest the Past Life Unique Ability in DMGII, but it has a CR adjustment of +2 and LA +5.
Sorry.

remetagross
2017-11-03, 08:28 PM
If all that is needed it turn/rebuke uses, rather than turn/rebuke undeads, then Planar Touchstone -> Cataloghes of Enlightenment -> Water/Fire/Plant domain should work as well, I think.

Calthropstu
2017-11-04, 01:39 AM
Turning undead is easy for any character. Simply lose a fight to a shadow.

Forrestfire
2017-11-04, 05:40 AM
Dragon Magazine #305 has the God-Touched and Divine Channeler feats. Together, they give you turn or rebuke undead 1/day, as a cleric of half your character level. You can take the feat multiple times to get more turning uses (or presumably just take Extra Turning; I think this was written before that existed). Might that work?

PrismCat21
2017-11-04, 09:58 AM
Alternatively, you could create your own undead or borrow one from a friend everyday, and chastise them for a few minutes :D

It's a long shot, but... Would a spontaneously casting Cleric work in place of the Favored Soul?

ATHATH
2017-11-04, 01:26 PM
This might be useful to/for you: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?338254-Gaining-Turn-Undead-Class-Ability

You could also dip Contemplative and pick up the Sun domain.